“Great B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Timaru
Sefton Homestay Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 16 Timaru B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We arrived on the wrong day, don't know how we got it mixed up. However, there was no problem with Trish. Luckily she had a room free and was happy to fit us in. The accommodation was great, very cosy and breakfast was magnificent. The place was very clean and amenities had been well thought out. We could tell a big effort was made to make our stay comfortable. We would recommend anyone to stay at this B&B.
Thanks Trish for being so flexible and welcoming.

Room Tip: I am sure all the rooms are just as good.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 14, 2012

We stayed here last summer for a nearby family celebration, no kids with us (the B&B would host them fine). The moment we got there we knew we had made a good choice. Handy to the centre, nice and quiet. Friendly and helpful hosts and a lovely place, as well. Oh and the breakfast was amazing too. This is the place to stay folks!!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked good and had character. Some were a little smaller but still plenty enough room...
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HappyKiwi44
Reviewed January 13, 2012

This is a great place to stay en route to or from Christchurch. Trish and John made us very welcome and were happy to chat about life in NZ which was very interesting to us as tourists. We stayed in the tartan room, not en suite but with exclusive use of a very nice bathroom. It is lovely to have use of a sitting room with comfortable chairs, tea, coffee and delicious ginger biscuits, as well as books to read and free use of a computer with free unlimited internet access, a great plus for us keeping in touch with family in the UK. Flowers on the table at breakfast made us feel extra welcome. A lovely touch!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SusanJH11
Reviewed November 30, 2011

You know who we are Trish & John! I commended you on your scrambled eggs. Lovely accommodation and thank you for welcoming us at such a late hour - we really enjoyed our short stay and will endeavour to stay longer next time ...

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zoe005
Reviewed August 12, 2011

My partner had previously stayed at this B&B for a work trip. He took me with him the second time round as I had not been to Timaru.
I found the B&B to be in a great location. Less than a 5 minute walk into the shopping area of Timaru and some great restaurants. It is also within walking distance of Caroline Bay.

Our room was well appointed, clean and had a homely comfort. The little extras made it....we had a decanter of water in the room for us and little torches next to the bed in case of an emergency (we didn't need them). The bathroom was heated and had great Shampoo/Conditioner for our use. With out a doubt this was the best shower I have EVER had. Hot and with amazing water pressure. I didn't want to get out!
The beds also have electric blankets on them, but we didn't need ours.

Opposite our room was a sitting room for guest use. They have a huge bookshelf with a variety of books and games, etc for you to borrow. My partner was particularly into all the sports biographies. There was also a TV and computer, along with a tea and coffee station.

We booked in breakfast for 7.30 and when we headed down there was a lovely spread of cereals, fruit and yoghurt. We were asked if we wanted a cooked breakfast (which of course we did!) and were served two delicious free range eggs and perfectly cooked bacon. The toast kept coming as well.I really appreciated the presentation of the meal.
During breakfast we got to know our hosts. Trish and John are lovely people and you can tell really enjoy what they do (they are very good at it as well). They made us feel welcome and comfortable.

It was nice to see their family dog is still a part of the action! I've always loved a dog that smiles :o)

The day we checked out was rainy and horrible in Timaru. Trish made me feel welcome and I sat in the guest room with the heater on and a good book for a few hours until my partner was ready for the trip back to Christchurch.

Greeat stay overall and would highly reccommend the B&B. It was my first experience of a B&B and I would deffinately go back.

The only comment I have is that their were no locks on the bedroom doors. This is probably standard with B&B's and didn't bother my partner in the least. I just notice things like that - however I overcame and enjoyed my stay in Timaru!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cherbies
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I have never stayed at a B & B before, but have really enjoyed the experience and the hospitality from the host.

The location is great, it was only a shot walk to the center shopping & restaurant area.

Will definitely recommend my friends who are visiting Timaru :)

thanks Trish & John!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Impeccable B & B conveniently located to town.
We have stayed in many B & B's and found the attention to detail second to none.
Wonderful breakfast!
Spotlessly clean and nice people too.

Room Tip: We chose the tartan room - excellent!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple