“Good food and wine”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I had a pleasant meal here last night. We arrived at about 8pm and despite it being busy were shown to a table. The oysters were excellent and Venison pie delicious. Relatively extensive wine list for a pub.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We always eat early (between 5.30 - 6pm) so the place was quite empty but we were asked if we had a reservation and as we hadn't we were given a choice of about 5 tables, so not very welcoming. No complaints about the food, both had the venison pie, which was large and very tasty. Serving staff were very friendly.

2  Thank DJinks
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I usually organise a large group of people (on this occasion there were 13 of us) to go out 3 or 4 times a year, Monteiths was the requested place on one occasion. It certainly hasn't been requested since.
We turned up and had to wait 30 minutes to be seated, followed by another hours wait just to look at the menu as all their menus were at other tables. We were offered breads in the mean time.
The food arrived eventually - luke warm, bland, small portion size and completely over priced compared to other venues in close proximity. The menu choices are simple - one chicken dish/one pork dish/steak/fish and chips. By the time the food did arrive we were fed up and keen to leave. It was certainly not the pleasant evening we had hoped for.
I always make sure everyone has paid and then thank the staff once everyone has left after an evening out. Believe it or not, the staff were great. They were apologetic about the waiting and polite. The manageress however was a different story. She rudely demanded that the complementary breads be paid for then ordered I leave and blacklisted me. I have never known "Customer Service" like it, Monteiths will quickly fail if this is the norm.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

was here on the 8th March. We started on the couches outside taking in the amazing few with a few beers. We contuined inside with a meal and i had the pasta of the day. Penne pasta with chicken and a basil pesto sauce it was Yummy and a large plateful. I could not eat it all. My partner had the pork and also said was amazing. The staff are friendly and chatty. we ill be back and once again thanks for a great night out.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The prices they had on their menu made them proud of their food, but when I ordered the day's special, it was good, but bland. Our original waitress was inattentive, but another one was paying attention when we needed something.