“people/service”

Purple Lizard Cafe
Ranked #4 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Timaru
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney, Australia
“people/service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

I visited this restaurant on my way thru to Dunedin while on holiday from Sydney NSW and I was very impressed with the service and the people that looked after us could not more helpful,and also things to do in Timaru on our two day stay.Went back for lunch the following day.
I think the owners name was Terry?
Good luck and will tell others in my group back in Sydney

Edward .

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Edward H H H

• Hebrew first
Timaru
“The best breakfast/brunch place in Timaru!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Purple lizard is that quaint place at Stafford st, Timaru. Reminds me of sunny days and good times with friends. Everything i ordered has been great. The eggs benedict and blueberry pancakes are to die for. Definitely worth your money. I always bring my visitors here for brunch. Good thing I just live here in Timaru.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Siaps
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Like something from 20 years ago”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Was driving from Dunedin to Christchurch on Sunday and decided to stop for something to eat and drink at about 2.30pm. As Timaru was basically closed we found this place was still open and so walked in and looked at the blackboard menu. When deciding what to order we were told that the kitchen was now closed so no food except what was in the food cabinet. Why would a cafe close it's kitchen but still be open?? Ordered some hot drinks and there must have been 30 more poeple come in after we sat down all to be told that the kitchen was closed. This was poor and something I would expect 20 years ago. very disappointing and over priced. The missed out on making money and providing some nourishment to people who have very little choices when in Timaru on a Sunday afternoon..

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Ken S
Invercargill, New Zealand
“Nice breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Got told this was the place to go for breakfast so decided to give it a go. Started off pretty good, thought the food was a little bit overpriced but didn't worry too much about that. Service of food was very fast but didn't get my drink until I was ready to leave so had to get it in a takeaway cup. They need someone to help out the front when it gets busy as there was only one person taking orders, serving and doing drinks. The food was good, eggs cooked perfectly but was just let down by lack of staff.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank chorus2014
Leuven, Belgium
“Great breakfast place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

During my stay at Timaru, I went to this place each morning for breakfast after being advised by the receptionist at my hotel.
The place offers a great breakfast and even better coffee. You can't go wrong if you want to have good breakfast.

• Visited June 2014