Tripadvisor
Timaru
Post
Inbox
Search

“Excellent food and service”

Fusion Restaurant Cafe & Bar
Reserve a Table
Ranked #3 of 88 Restaurants in Timaru
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a casual dining restaurant producing seasonal menus of New Zealand produce with international flavours.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

4 of us dined on a slow night. We shared soup, salad, ceviche, Mediterranean lamb, and fish. We all thought the food and service were excellent. A margarita cocktail was a little disappointing, but excellent experience and good value overall. We would return if we had the opportunity.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (422)

Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

Nice setting for the restaurant and smaller gestures of the blankets outside was a nice touch. The food was good, served quick and accommodated changes, but overpriced for what it was. The service was friendly and offered good advice but limited and slow due to unorganisation. Terrible cocktails, would stick to bottled or tap drinks.

Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

Looking forward to our New Years Eve dinner, reserved online. Making a special trip for the evening! Fusion called us at 10:30pm on 30 th December and said our reservation was an error and they could not accommodate us! This is unacceptable!

Reviewed December 26, 2019

Enjoyed a great dinner for two here on our recent visit to NZ. The restaurant was recommended by our host at the B & B we were staying in. The food, service ambience and price lived up to this recommendation. Parking was easy and the restaurant accommodated us without a booking not withstanding the Christmas parties underway.

Reviewed December 19, 2019

My husband and I visited Fusion back in August. We were celebrating a special occasion, so ordered a nice bottle of wine. My husband ordered the ceviche, which came with a spicy popcorn to be tipped on top of, as the waitress told us. Very interesting and lovely, until he bit on some unpopped corn, a lot in the dish.
Imagine cracking a tooth on that, or swallowing it down.
We drew attention of this to the waitress. She went to kitchen, came back offered another half ceviche as compensation. Husband didn’t want more ceviche, as we had main meals coming.
When I went up to pay ( husband was in toilet ) I asked was there any “consideration” to the bill. Waitress went to kitchen, came back to say we’d been offered extra half ceviche. Owner and chef, didn’t see any need for anything else. ( I was happy to pay half ) Then unbelievably owner came out, stood in a bolshy stance, and preceded to give me “my pedigree”. I was gobsmacked, I’m a customer, and a woman, in a full restaurant, where all the upstairs diners could hear all he was saying. Told me I’d been offered compensation, and what else did I want!! Right, I’ll take it off the bill. Happy now!! I said to him, my how times have changed since you worked at the Grosvenor, and seemed to have a real pride in what you were doing. To which he said, That was about F-kg Forty years ago!! I will never be back. And that in a restaurant where I’ve had many dinners, lunches, and even casual coffees. Such an unbelievable shame!!

Date of visit: August 2019