“Hard to find decent food in Timaru”
Review of Custom Steak House

Custom Steak House
Ranked #19 of 74 Restaurants in Timaru
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
south canterbury
“Hard to find decent food in Timaru”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Average meal..was recommeded but nothing special. Could cook better at home sorry. staff and atmosphere nice

Visited September 2012

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Always always fantastic”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is, without exception, our choice of restaurants in Timaru. We have never had a bad meal here. In fact we have guests from out-of-town who insist this is the restaurant they want to go to, when they come to stay. We were there again last week and everyone chose something different from the menu and everyone finished every last bite. I'm sure if we could have, we would have licked the plates clean !!

• Visited September 2012
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, United States
“Beautiful old building exceptional food and service!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We arrived early before they opened and was warmly greeted and offered a drink while we waited in the quaint bar. We all had steaks as that is their name and we assumed their best. They were all exceptional. My husband had mussels and I had the bruschetta. They were both very good. The quaint old building was a beautiful backdrop to a lovely evening. The service was professional but relaxed and comfortable. Highly recommended!

• Visited September 2012
Timaru, New Zealand
“Yum!”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The food here is to die for. It is a bit on the pricey side but I do not mind paying a bit more to get a decent meal. The only complaint I have is that I did sit with an empty wine glass for a while and had to ask for one myself, and they wouldn't accept our entertainment voucher but when I emailed the manager this was rectified with a voucher. I would definitely recommend.

• Visited May 2012
“Beautiful Meal”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Food was fantastic. Nice atmosphere. Great service too. Will definitely recommend .