“value for money”

Cuisines: Indian
Nelson, New Zealand
“value for money”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

A Restaurant with Excellent Service and good food.
I just moved to Rolleston from Nelson and was on holidays to Queenstown so decided to have Indian food for dinner, Lucky we found the Royal India restaurant.
I enjoyed the service you provided and the staff and the Meal’s are fantastic. I had the Lamb Bhuna with garlic and cheese naan. It was great all of us enjoyed it. The meals are priced great the service is great too. 100% A+ Restaurant I would like to visit you again in future if i travel down south. Highly recommended to indian food lovers, you will be served with a smile and you will enjoy your meal :)

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Chris M

Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent food”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We came across Royal India while looking for a place to eat on an empty street of closed shops. We did not regret this at all. We ordered the Lamb Rojan Josh and Garlic Naan which were totally delicious. The lamb was tender and perfectly cooked in an appetizing gravy and although we found the Naan a little too spongy for our liking, it was still tasty. And judging from the steady stream of customers coming in to order take outs, we surmised we had stumbled upon a local gem of a place.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank whisker11
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Pleasant experience”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I visited this restaurant recently for dinner on our way to Dunedin with my family. Food was the best part of our experience. Staff was very friendly, the young Indian girl was very professional and looked after us very well. Would like to visit these guys again. :)

• Visited November 2013
Christchurch
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This restaurant is an Indian gem a short distance off the main road. We are lunch diners only and visit regularly from Christchurch.
Royal India is modernised to a pleasant standard with excellent service. The guys here are enthusiastic, friendly, service minded and aim to please. The food is authentic and good quality. The menu choice for lunch is most adequate and the prices fantastic. Naans are included with the rice which makes it amazing value. My Rogan Josh was superb and my request for med/mild was met perfectly.
During the day the little detour down the side road means much easier parking and well worth it.
I highly recommend trying this restaurant.

• Visited November 2013