“Lovely staff, nice food.”

Hayami Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 46 Restaurants in Orewa
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We came here as the restaurant was part of the building we were staying in. My first impression was the warm, fun and polite staff that we dealt with.
The food was hot, tasty, and came quickly. My serving of prawns was very generous.
It did however seem a bit expensive for what we had, that being my only real criticism.

1  Thank EviePC

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I lived and worked in japan...so a bit fussy about what is authentic food. Largely it was authentic fresh japanese. The highlight was our delightful waiteress she was such fun bubbly and helpful. Made me want to repolish my japanese,so I could speak more ti her.

1  Thank Tracy H
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed the family dinner time here. The food was nice, and staffs were really good. I will defintely visit again.

1  Thank yjdoh
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Having heard good things about this Japanese restaurant at the bottom of the Nautilus building we tried it out for lunch. It was very quiet, just a couple of other diners as well as the 3 of us. The menu is very enticing and it was hard to decide. The food was excellent albeit it came out in a rather random order from the kitchen. All service was good throughout. Definitely will be trying it for dinner very soon. Much better than most of the cafes in Orewa.

2  Thank FBMadrid
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I went here with a big group and we has the private dining room.
We all ordered a different set menu options (around $54 - $60 each), which includes a tuna/salmon/green salad, sushi & sashimi, tempura vegetables/prawns, rise and meso with sizzling meat AND a desert of your choice!
Value for money is an understatement!
Going back here for sure!

1  Thank madskul