Our stay at the Powderhorn Chateau was perfect. The staff was not only warm and welcoming, but even when incredibly busy they did not hesitate to make sure we were well taken care of from taking our food and drink order at both of their restaurants to ensuring we had all the information we needed for our mountain biking trip on the Old Coach Road. We were particularly impressed by the bartender at the powderkeg and wait staff at the powderkeg and Matterhorn restaurants ability to juggle so many competing priorities at once and all with a smile and a great sense of humor. They made the experience that much more enjoyable and we will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining all the facilities of an boutique hotel with the ambiance of a an alpine lodge, the Powderhorn Chateau is situated in Ohakune at the doorstep of the spectacular Tongariro National Park. This stunning alpine wonderland is one of only a handful of sites throughout the world to be given dual natural and cultural World Heritage status by UNESCO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu Hotel Ohakune
- Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu Ohakune