We came for a weekend adventure and enjoyed the Hotel Room and Pool. We were looking forward to the restaurant but the Front line staff let us down , they said we would have a half hour wait for a table and after one and a half hours still no table. I found the Male Teller on duty to be extremely rude and made it sound like it was my problem. He was unable to do his duties to what I expected of this high standard Hotel. The Waitress that served our table was Excellent as was our food, it also had a very nice presentation and I recommend the Duck Meal and Baked Cheese Cake.
If you like a long wait to be seated then this restaurant will suit your needs.
The Wait was a great disappointment and being able to make reservations would of made this stress free and relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining all the facilities of an boutique hotel with the ambiance of a an alpine lodge, the Powderhorn Chateau is situated in Ohakune at the doorstep of the spectacular Tongariro National Park. This stunning alpine wonderland is one of only a handful of sites throughout the world to be given dual natural and cultural World Heritage status by UNESCO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu Hotel Ohakune
- Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu Ohakune