On the 30th of August 2013, my fiance and I were married here.
we booked the matterhorn restaurant during the middle of high season about 6 months in advance. we were introduced to Nicola and later Carrie. Nicola was our primary contact and made a very large, very complex event incredibly simple for us. at all times, she was clear, concise and upfront about what the powderhorn could and could not do, and why that was.
she worked with us to make our plans a reality, when she found a better way of doing something she told us, when she could save us a bit of coin or streamline things a bit she told us.
this led to the event going perfectly on the day, before and during the event we also dealt with Carrie, who was just as good to work with as Nicola. Carrie put out several small fires for us over the course of the evening while Nicola was busy supervising her staff - and what excellent staff they were!
overall, excellent food, beautiful venue and great people.
we are extremely happy that the powderhorn helped us start our married life with such a hiss and a roar!
- Alex and Laura
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining all the facilities of an boutique hotel with the ambiance of a an alpine lodge, the Powderhorn Chateau is situated in Ohakune at the doorstep of the spectacular Tongariro National Park. This stunning alpine wonderland is one of only a handful of sites throughout the world to be given dual natural and cultural World Heritage status by UNESCO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu Hotel Ohakune
- Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu Ohakune