Our family of 4 enjoyed 2 adjoining rooms at Powderhorn Chateau and the rooms were very cosy, warm and spacious. Despite the walls being very thin, the hotel had a lovely atmosphere with it's beautiful wooden beams and walls and amazingly confortable beds and duvets. Great bath tubs for aprez ski soaking too! The heated pool is really great and quite special. Both the Powderkeg and Matterhorn restaraunts were excellent (and I am very picky gluten free/dairy free). Bonus was excellent espresso at breakfast! Great spot away from the madness of Ohakune.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining all the facilities of an boutique hotel with the ambiance of a an alpine lodge, the Powderhorn Chateau is situated in Ohakune at the doorstep of the spectacular Tongariro National Park. This stunning alpine wonderland is one of only a handful of sites throughout the world to be given dual natural and cultural World Heritage status by UNESCO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu Hotel Ohakune
- Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu Ohakune