I booked a deal online with the Powderhorn. Before buying the deal I checked if we could bring our 2 kids with us. They agreed. I phoned a few days prior to arrival to check booking and got asked abruptly "did you arrange to bring kids" When we arrived at the hotel we were asked the same question and told that they do not usually accept kids on weekends. When they realised we had kids they changed our room to the top floor, corner room. We asked why, they said "becuase of the noise the children would be making it would be less inconvenience to the other guests to have us further away". Our room was dirty and noisy. The after party that was being hosted while we stayed made more noise til 2am, than our kids who were out all day, slept all afternoon and in bed by 8pm. The service from the receptionist was only just friendly enough not to be totally rude. If the Powderhorn do not want kids they should not agree to them and clearly state this policy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining all the facilities of an boutique hotel with the ambiance of a an alpine lodge, the Powderhorn Chateau is situated in Ohakune at the doorstep of the spectacular Tongariro National Park. This stunning alpine wonderland is one of only a handful of sites throughout the world to be given dual natural and cultural World Heritage status by UNESCO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu Hotel Ohakune
- Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu Ohakune