Very good hotel, easily the best in Ohakune. Very friendly service across the board, from the reception, to room servicing team to the restaurant staff. Room was nice except for the trains rumbling by during the night (3 or 4?). Tracks are just outside hotel. Location is a bit too far for Tongariro Crossing. Better to stay in Whakapapa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining all the facilities of an boutique hotel with the ambiance of a an alpine lodge, the Powderhorn Chateau is situated in Ohakune at the doorstep of the spectacular Tongariro National Park. This stunning alpine wonderland is one of only a handful of sites throughout the world to be given dual natural and cultural World Heritage status by UNESCO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu Hotel Ohakune
- Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu Ohakune