“Awesome lamb”
Review of The Cyprus Tree

The Cyprus Tree
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Ohakune
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Locally owned and operated restaurant. Family friendly. Open all year round seven days a week.
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

The sumac lamb is delicious and perfectly cooked. You can chose what you have with your lamb plus the sauce.The Mr had his with beetroot relish and red wine jus, and roasted potatoes; I had mine with a salad. No complaints. Both we're perfectly cooked.

Service was good but once it started to get busy they struggled a little. It didn't help that the other tables were big groups. We didn't book given it was a Monday but there were lots of reserved tables so I'd recommend booking.

Overall, I'd go again.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The most amazing lamb I have ever eaten. Sumac lamb Was so yum I can't stop talking about it, melt in the mouth delish! my husband had the scotch which was huge, cooked perfectly and on a creamy mushroom risotto with blue cheese and caramelised onion. The kids had a pizza and a chicken kebabs which they almost ate all of (unbelievable)! And to top that they ate something out, they got a free drink and Sunday. The service here is so friendly and they make sure you feel so welcome and looked after. Wished we'd had room for dessert as we heard table behind us raving about there's...next time.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Just popped in for a snack and a drink. Took several minutes if being ignored at the counter waiting to be served. Had to correct my order several times and still got served the wrong beer. Coffee came with a used teaspoon. Bruschetta came with a filthy knife and a stray hair. Place wasn't very busy so no excuse there. On the plus side the coffee was good and the bruschetta was tasty. Reasonable value but won't be going back for dinner tonight.

1  Thank Ek_NZ
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Thank You for such an amazing meal! I had the Lamb and it was cooked to perfection! Fantastic staff, very friendly and welcoming. I will be returning!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Took forever to get our food but I will say that the food was very good. Only one guy in the kitchen on a Thursday evening? Server was just clueless as was the owner. The had almost none of the wine that was on their list. That chef should make his way over to The Bearing Point and hit them up for a job.