“A fantastic experience.”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
“A fantastic experience.”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Friendly fast and quality food in a clean and happy environment. What more can you ask for.
Make sure you introduce yourself to Karl (making coffee) and ask for a area history lesson.
GM.

• Visited May 2013

Knebworth, United Kingdom
“Reasonably good but more of a pub than a cafe”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had a decent and reasonably priced meal here but it was extremely noisy. In fairness this was because there was a stag party going on which in fact spilled out onto the street. Obviously very drunken but apparently good-natured enough, it nevertheless overwhelmed the whole place and I was happy to eat up and leave. I can understand that this was probably good for trade at a relatively quiet time but there was enough room that it could have been given a designated area rather than take over the whole joint. Very good beef nachos, which although nominally a starter was plenty for a main course.

• Visited March 2013
Taupo
“Great, then let down”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We went to Mountain Rock Cafe a couple of times over a week for lunch. The first time we had lovely cabinet lunch food with a side salad. The side salad was divine, it had seeds, nuts, cranberries etc it was so good I had to thank the chef. Two days later I had to go back just to have the side salad again but what a let down, this day it was clearly the main chef's day off and it was back to the basic boring cafe side salad you get. Will however try again next time we are in the area.

Sydney, Australia
“expensive but tasty”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We just wanted a quick simple breakfast this day, so grabbed a take away banana smoothie, a cinnimon scroll and a ham and cheese crossiant. The scroll was really delicious, and the rest was good too. Service was pretty good, but it was take away so...only thing is that i thought it was a bit pricey. They had an amazing array of beautiful looking cakes and pastries and savoury pies etc, so worth stopping in for something like that!

Francescas, France
“Great coffee and food”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had food and drinks in the cafe around mid day yesterday. The savoury muffin was really delicious. We are travelling from different places here in the north island and tasted different food in different cafes but to my amazement only this cafe made a very yummy vegetable muffin. Two thumbs up. Also, great coffee. My Cappuccino was really to die for. It was so velvety and I cannot help myself not to get one for a take away. I'd approach one of the staff and asking who was making the yummy savoury muffin and Ola, it was the filipina lady who made it as well as my cappuccino. Wow! great job coz you really made my day. A big compliment to that filipina and because of it's good service and food, I gave a tip. That filipina woman is for keeps!