“expensive but tasty”

Cuisines: International, New Zealand
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We just wanted a quick simple breakfast this day, so grabbed a take away banana smoothie, a cinnimon scroll and a ham and cheese crossiant. The scroll was really delicious, and the rest was good too. Service was pretty good, but it was take away so...only thing is that i thought it was a bit pricey. They had an amazing array of beautiful looking cakes and pastries and savoury pies etc, so worth stopping in for something like that!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had food and drinks in the cafe around mid day yesterday. The savoury muffin was really delicious. We are travelling from different places here in the north island and tasted different food in different cafes but to my amazement only this cafe made a very yummy vegetable muffin. Two thumbs up. Also, great coffee. My Cappuccino was really to die for. It was so velvety and I cannot help myself not to get one for a take away. I'd approach one of the staff and asking who was making the yummy savoury muffin and Ola, it was the filipina lady who made it as well as my cappuccino. Wow! great job coz you really made my day. A big compliment to that filipina and because of it's good service and food, I gave a tip. That filipina woman is for keeps!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We tried to have breakfast here this morning. The staff were disorganised, they forgot our order and cooked meals for two large groups that arrived after us, then when they did deliver some food they managed to deliver two of our meals, but forgot the third. We ultimately left and went elsewhere. Two of our party did eat their breakfast. The food was good, but the service was extremely poor. The staff were not honest when asked about the meals, and tried to cover up their mistake. This was probably the worst part. It's easy to forgive mistakes, but not dishonesty.

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I eat or get coffee from here on a regular basis, I really enjoy the coffee and quite often have a meal as well, simple tasty food in a great place perfect for watchn sport with the big screen and multiple tvs around the place

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Made the mistake of eating here- just simple fish and chips which is not a difficult dish to cook. Small piece of fish, large plate of chips and some none to fresh salad leaves not great and overpriced for what arrived. Service was fine but this is more of a drinking bar than a place to eat and wouldn't go back.