“Great Food”

Dining options: Reservations
Beaumaris, Australia
“Great Food”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Great service, Great food. Would have liked it more if it was BYO wine, but would recommend to anyone.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Paul M

Melbourne, Australia
“Exquisite suburban surprise (and great for GF eaters too)”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

There is so much that is positive to say about Six Keys that it is hard not to sound overly gushy. I had dinner here with friends last week, after our usual haunt in Hampton was booked out. Tucked around the corner from the sadly extinct Beaumaris Hotel, Six Keys was a delightful find. The staff were exceptionally friendly and our lovely Scottish waiter was incredibly knowledgeable about both the menu and wine list - he was very tolerant of my dumb questions which was much appreciated! The ambience of the restaurant was great, not too loud, quirkily decorated without being self-consciously cool or too hipster. There is a lovely seaside feel to the interior that defies the usual beach cliches.

The food was delicious and I can highly recommend the pork belly entree, although I could have eaten 3x as much. My steak was cooked to perfection and being given a selection of steak knives to choose from was a nice touch. I also like the fact that the steak came with sides and I wasn't pressured to add any extras. One of my companions needs to eat only Gluten Free (GF) options and he was well catered for - Six Keys even makes it's own GF pasta!
The dessert selection was most impressive of all - none of the standard fare here. The raspbery souffle was outstanding. The souffle tasted of the freshest in-season raspberries and was perfectly cooked.

Price-wise, I believe that everything was really reasonable.
I was really impressed with this restaurant and have already recommended it to others. I am also keen to try their new place in Mount Eliza; 'Three Ducks'.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Kbel3
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely atmosphere, sadly my meal wasn't pleasant.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Staff were great! Lovely atmosphere! However the owner was not overly friendly and displayed no customer service skills when my meal was served not to 'standard'.

Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely Restaurant with a friendly feel”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We went for our Wedding anniversary . The meals were lovely and the Risotto I had was really beautiful. The staff friendly and relaxed. Its got character and everything was great.

Visited April 2012
“Fantastic service”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I chose this restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Having been there once previously we had been impressed with both the food and the service. We were just as impressed the second time around. It was a very busy evening and the staff were under the pump but never left us waiting. Drink orders were taken promptly and all our courses were delivered within a reasonable time frame. The food was delicious, from the freshly baked cob loaf, the salmon gravalax, the tasty eye fillet to the luscious chocolate fondant. What a lovely evening in a really relaxed ambience.

• Visited October 2012