“Nice spot, average food”

Rickett's Point Beachside Cafe
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Beaumaris
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice spot, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is a very busy (on weekends) beachside cafe where the food does not quite live up to the location. On a good day the beach and bay views from the outside dining area are teriffic. It is very much a basic cafe in decor, but quite an expensive one - $18 fish and chips and hamburgers and $7 bowl of chips. As a cafe you order at a central point and the meals are delivered to the table. Service was quite prompt. There is a wine list but we did not have wine. Coffees were average. Desserts were large and delicious (I'd suggest sharing the cakes between 2 unless you have a large appetitie or a very sweet tooth). Sadly the management finds it necessary to advertise on the menu that it will not adjust dishes so if you have allergies it may be difficult to get what you want. We did not test this as the menu warned that 'refusal may offend'. Be warned - the local council charges an exorbitant $4.50 per hour for nerby beachside parking so if you can get parking on the main road, go for it.

• Visited March 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Lunched here several times because of the lovely beachside view. Great for a post lunch walk on the beach.

Food good, average I would say for this type of cafe. Pleasant servers, not too hurried, not too slow. Great for kids too.

Menu could be more varied, with a few smaller items available, we don't all want chips with our sandwiches etc. Nice icecream for the kids too.
Would recommend for cooler day.

Visited February 2014
“lovely casual dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

we have been here many times over the last few years and it never fails to deliver.. Great coffee and food . There is a good variety of cafe style food , indoor or outside dining and over looking the sea..

• Visited August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Lunch wasn't too bad - auto academy mechanic in moorabbin”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I had lunch here Friday 16th Nov. 2012.
I would have actually rated the restaurant three and a half stars because I thought it better than "average" but maybe not as good as "very good" which is four stars.
I found the wait staff to be friendly and helpful enough; not that our basic order was overly challenging.
My wife eats Gluten Free. This was catered for without too much difficulty and I found the young lass at the register to be quite helpful with our dietery requirements.
The house red I consumed was nicer than most house reds. My wife had a white called Distant Cousins. She found this very tasteful and actually sent me shopping later that day to try to locate a bottle.
The view from the restaurant is great. I love the sea so can't go wrong in this respect, even on the murky day we had on Friday.
The only mention in regard to food is that the quantity of prawns served on the prawn salad was too few at only four or five supplied. For the money, there should be more. I think so anyway.
I had calamari salad which was only fair but edible enough.
We would probably return again if I knew the seafood was going to be supplied a little more generously, otherwise one visit is enough for the moment.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank ssintoy
Darwin
“Magic Views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

I've eaten here dozens of times. The food is consistent...you get what you pay for. The coffee is fine and the service is very prompt...I've never had to wait long for a meal to arrive although it wouldn't exactly be punishment if I did...You the views here are magic. Situated right over the sand it's a beautiful location. Make time for A stroll along the foreshore after your meal.
Very casual, relaxed & unpretentious!

1 Thank Puregolg