We returned back from the Hilton on Saturday after a week spent there. When we arrived we received a complimentary drink and a cold towel while checking in - a nice touch. Rooms were a good size, clean, beds really comfy and staff friendly and welcoming.
Facilities were very good and I made use of the gym and basket ball court. The pool area was very quiet and relaxing with bean bags available to chill out on. The pool temperature was like a bath and the beach pleasant. One day we were warned not to go in because of jellyfish. One could go kayaking, play volleyball or tennis during the day.
The hotel itself was constructed 30 years ago and is slightly dated. I would not say that this is a five star when compared with the Hilton Dubai Creek or equivalent 5 star hotels that I have previously stayed in in Dubai and Oman.
The food is what let the hotel down. Breakfast consisted of a buffet with a mix of continental/arabic and fruit and was ok. We ate at the pool bar Breezes for lunch which was very nice. Each night for dinner was a different theme such as Italian Night, American Night, Seafood Night etc. The dishes were very similar each night and the overall quality was lacking. The food was often cold and overpriced given the standard.
There wasn't much to do in Fujairah, we went to the local market and explored the few local and gold shops. There was a nice persian restaurant next to the hotel with a pink sign - can't remember the name for a third of the price of the hotel. I would still recommend this hotel based on the friendly staff and pure relaxation factor away from the hustle and bustle of Dubai!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Fujairah is a sub-tropical paradise sparkling in the Arabian sun against the jagged Hajjar Mountains. The hotel's extensive gardens include a beautiful temperature controlled pool, private beach, diving and water-sports, two floodlit tennis courts a children's playground with kid's castle, pitch & putt golf green, fully equipped gym with steam room, sauna and massage facilities and extensive recreation area....NOTE: In our aim to provide our guests the best experience and excellent amenities, we are delighted to inform you that the swimming pool in Hilton Fujairah Resort will be upgraded soon. In this regard, please be advised that the swimming pool will be closed for renovation from July 14 to 27, 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Fujairah Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Fujairah Hotel Fujairah
- Hilton International Fujairah
- Fujairah Hilton International