“Nice room but the rest is just a joke”

Nour Arjaan by Rotana - Fujairah
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Fujairah
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nice room but the rest is just a joke”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

After several positive experiences with Rotana hotels, including my wedding party, we crushed with this hotel which is a part from the nice and elegant room, has nothing else encouragig. The story started with the following: I parked my car, thinking that someone is going to take it as I have booking with this hotel (valet parking), but what I got is that, no it is night so I have to park it. I thought ok, I'm going to park what the harm, but I was mistaken, the parking is a place where it should be added to any driving license test, very tight, several story parking with two cars going in opposite directions are two candidates for accident. The parking, after struggling to find a parking and squeeze my car in a tiny parking, is just a bazzle where you have to know who to find your way out and get into the lobby.

Next day: In the morning, my wife and I went to the restaurant to have breakfast, well if you saw an american movie showing people crossing roads from both sides, then you might have a better idea of how the breakfest fiesta was in this hotel. The waters there apologized claiming that it is due to the fact that it was holiday and the hotel is fully booked, ie, if this hotel is fully booked, they can't accommodate guests of the hotel to have breakfast. If you picture that you will realize what was the breakfast we had.

On the positive side, the room was nice and everything was clean and neat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank maithem a
Nour_Arjaan_Admin, General Manager at Nour Arjaan by Rotana - Fujairah, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, please allow me to thank you for posting your recent experience in our hotel here on TripAdvisor.

It comes with great concern for me to learn about the shortfall that you have encountered and there is nothing I can say here to justify why the quality of our service fell below your expectations. That there had been parking and a less satisfying dining experience which is certainly unacceptable and not indicative of the standards that we aim to provide our valued guests such as yourself.

Nevertheless, rest assured that I have discussed this matter in the most serious way with the concerned departments to ensure that our shortfalls will be rectified and will not happen again. I would like to thank you for bringing this matter up to our attention as it is only thru such feedback that we are able to identify areas of concern which in turn gives us the chance to correct and improve our services.

Whilst I read your review with considerable disquiet, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. We very much hope that you would consider this as an isolated incident and give us another chance to show you that we are indeed able to recuperate from our shortcomings.

Ahmet Ender

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Fujairah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 6, 2013

excellent staff ,helpful and friendly,good food ,very smart studio suites with fantastic big shower rooms,and good location ,opposite lulu,s supermarket for your bits and pieces.good central location for Fujairah,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nour_Arjaan_Admin, General Manager at Nour Arjaan by Rotana - Fujairah, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Nour Arjaan by Rotana!

Thank you for taking out your valuable time in posting your review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay. We are indeed proud of the quality service that we offer our valued guests such as yourself and I am therefore pleased to learn that we have exceeded your expectations in all aspects of our services.

It is always encouraging to receive positive feedback on our facilities and services as this goes a long way in motivating our team to continuously provide the utmost in guest experience.

Thank you once more for your valued time and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Nour Arjaan by Rotana, assuring you of our best attention and services at all times.

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Nour Arjaan Fujairah is an excellent experience for me, it will be good for peoples who are in a short and specially business visit for its location,good service and after all you feel like you are still at your home. for families with kids they will enjoy the swimming pool and kids center. i will recommend it highly, believe me it is so clean and food is good as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Nour_Arjaan_Admin, General Manager at Nour Arjaan by Rotana - Fujairah, responded to this review, February 3, 2013

Greetings from Nour Arjaan by Rotana!

It is delightful to hear that you had a excellent experience in our hotel. We have passed on your heartening remarks to our team and they are happy to hear your positive feedback which continuously gives them motivation to provide par above quality level of service to our valued guests such as yourself.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank for your never-ending patronage to the Nour Arjaan by Rotana and hope to see you back very soon.

Wales
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Only stayed for one night on a exploration of Fujairah. Car parking to the rear. Very efficient check-in. Good size suite with good kitchen area and large well stocked fidge/freezer. Nice bathroom with big walk in shower but a bath would have been nice especially as we had been exploring wadis all day. Room was well laid out with good size LCD television and plenty of sitting choices. There was also plenty of wardrobe space. Restaurant well laid out but very quiet the evening we were there. We are Rotana Rewards card holders but there are plenty of other eating places near by. The night we were there it was "Indian Buffett". Not huge but decent choice. Very good service especially from Sunil. There is a small bar on the 20th floor but not open as it was a religious holiday. There is also a gym and small pool on the 20th floor. Would recommend for a short stay in Fujairah.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nour_Arjaan_Admin, General Manager at Nour Arjaan by Rotana - Fujairah, responded to this review, February 5, 2013

Greetings from Nour Arjaan by Rotana!

Allow me to firstly thank you for spending some time to share a very thorough insight on your recent experience at our hotel to other TripAdvisor members.

It is delightful to hear that you had a excellent experience in our hotel and rest assured that your nice compliments will not come to pass without sharing them to my team who would be very happy to receive your positive feedback and especially Mr. Sunil.

Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit which we hope will be in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Modern 4 star hotel near the airport and LuLus! We have stayed a few times and value it as a comfortable well run property. Only downside is expensive wifi. It is cheaper to go next door to the Concorde Hotel and buy a coffee and go for a surf.

Room Tip: N,S and E sides preferred. W is the Concorde Hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BowyerOman
Nour_Arjaan_Admin, General Manager at Nour Arjaan by Rotana - Fujairah, responded to this review, January 28, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel.

Please accept my apology for late reply. We are indeed proud of the quality service that we offer our valued guests such as yourself and I am therefore pleased to learn that we have met your expectations in most aspects of our services.

On the other hand, I regret to hear about the difficulty you face for expensive wifi, for which I have no other excuse but apologize. Please rest assured that I have taken your comments on board and thoroughly addressed where we fell short on with my team and we will apply corrective measures to ensure that such service inconsistencies will not happen in the future.

We very much appreciate your valuable feedback which gives us room for further improvement and hope that you will consider this as an isolated experience which will not deter you from using our services again.

We look forward to welcoming you back, assuring you of our best attention and services at all times. Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to review Nour Arjaan by Rotana.

Ahmet Ender,
Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stay here year round on 42 days on & 28 days off rotation as this has been chosen as accommodation by my company for some of their employees.
The classic suits which i stay in, are very well designed for a small family to stay in. Its very clean & gives a pleasant feeling on entry.
Location of the hotel is on the main street in Fujairah. The recreation facilities are very good & there is ample space for everyone to use. Rooftop swimming pool on the 20th floors adds that extra bit to the already excellent place. staying at one hotel year round can get boring & monotonous but it hasnt been so here for me.

Room Tip: choose the east rooms for a distant seaview & west rooms for a view of night lighting in fujaira...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Parag,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel.

Please accept my apology for late reply. We are glad that we have made your stay enjoyable and memorable. It gives us us a sense of achievement and pleasure to read such positive comments from our valued guests.

Ahmet Ender,
Germany
Reviewed January 11, 2013

There was just one thing that disturbed me and this is the smell in the bathroom. Somehow it smells to urine even after washing but the bathroom was very clean and was cleaned daily. The rooms are being cleaned daily in the best way. The rooms are very clean and very nice. We had a twin room as one bed is even enough for 2 people to sleep in with its 140cm and the price is higher for a double bed. The best on the Hotel is that in each is a kitchen integrated with fridge and few plates, cups, glases and cuttlery. The Hotel has also a small pool on the top of the roof, a kids playing room, sauna and small gym. In total it was very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Nour_Arjaan_Admin, General Manager at Nour Arjaan by Rotana - Fujairah, responded to this review, January 12, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel.

We are glad that overall, you were pleased with your stay despite of some shortfalls which I have noted and addressed to the concerned for corrective action.

As an Arjaan (Hotel Apartments) brand by Rotana, our rooms are equipped for your utmost convenience and comfort.

Thank you once again for your kind review.

We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Best Regards,