“Excellent Hotel - No Alcoholic Licence”

Concorde Hotel Fujairah
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Fujairah
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent Hotel - No Alcoholic Licence”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

A group of 12 of us travelled from Abu Dhabi to Fujairah for the recent religious Eid holiday period. As Western Expats arriving in a dry hotel we were slightly concerned as to how we would be treated during this festive period. It satisfies me to say that we were treated excellently by the hotel management and all 5 of our rooms exceeded expectations.

I stayed in an Executive Suite, consisting of 1 master bedroom and 1 twin. The living area, bathroom facilities and overall size of the suite was exceptional. The noise suppression was also noteworthy as the room was peaceful and quiet at all hours.

We did not use the dining facilities so I cannot comment, however we did use the roof top pool. The pool, situated aside from the main hotel building on about an 8th floor level, is of fair size and receives sun all day, but the hotels pool pictures are slightly misleading. A poolside drinks service is available with a small snacks menu but no alcoholic beverages are served.

Overall as a group we were impressed and happy.

Room Tip: Executive Suites are of excellent size. If you wish to use the pool the connecting floor is I belie...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Paul2496

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed September 16, 2011

This hotel could perform much better if it's not for the undertrained staff and lacks of proper layout. I was here on leisure in mid september for a weekend getaway.

First look of the hotel was somewhat puzzled as visitor has to walk up a steep slope to get to the entrance. Also this is a narrow driveway to the lobby and could only accomodate only 1 vehicle. There wasn't any direction in English to the private garage and so had to park on the dusty area behind the hotel.

Check-in was another unpleasant experience due to unprofessional and untrained frontdesk staff. A male staff who handled my registration lacks basic courtesy when handling guest's documentation, id and credit card. His stoic look and rough handling could be viewed as rude and has no respect to one's national identity.

Being in a Islamic country, one would expect a proper guide to the 'qibla'- direction the mecca. Alas there isn't any in the room and when asked from staff, they showed a wrong direction. I only found out after a visit to a nearby mosque.

However, what saved the weekends for me was the breakfast which served a variety of middle eastern and international spreads.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank taufik b
sam2003, Manager at Concorde Hotel Fujairah, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Dear Sir, Madame,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your review on Trip Advisor.
Your opinion is very important to us. Your feedback will be taken seriously and we are going to evaluate your comment and share it with our staff in order to create more understanding for the guest needs.

Concorde Fujairah is constantly checking on areas of improvement and your valuable feedback will not only help us upgrade our services but will also make us aware on the actual guests’ experience.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Concorde Fujairah Hotel to touch the improved services yourself.

Kind Regards,
The Hotel Management
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I stayed here with my wife and two children for one nights Dinner Bed & Breakfast (DBB) on the 16th June. I had taken up a Cobone deal for DBB with spa treatments staying in an executive suite.
The staff were courteous throughout our stay although not the most efficient by any means. The suite we had was large and well thought out and was finished to a four star standard. The beds weren't very comfortable though however the huge walk in shower was great. The pool is definitely not as nice as the website would have you believe although in fairness it just needed some finishing touches and a bit of this and that hidden from site to bring it up to what it is portrayed to be.
The breakfast buffet was pretty good and started at 06.30 which having two young children was a blessing. Dinner on the other hand wasn't so good. It was the service (as usual in this part of the world) that let it down. The food itself was ok. We were presented the comprehensive menu which was quickly replaced with the Cobone offer menu. The latter consisted of a starter, main and two desserts, so the only choice was in the desserts. I guess you get what you pay for with these offers. Our eldest son of 2 and half was missed off the order taking so had to wait twice as long as my wife and I, which considering we had made a point of asking for his food first was annoying to say the least. He was then offered a choice of chocolate, strawberry or vanilla ice cream for dessert. He chose chocolate only to be informed 15mins later that they didn't have any, so he opted for strawberry, another15mins later they explained the strawberry was melted, he got vanilla over half an hour after the initial order! The fact we were only one of two tables eating in the restaurant made me dread to think what it might of been like at a busier time.
Our Spa experience was mixed, my wife's massage was very good whilst mine was 15mins short of the 1hr booked and was average at most.
Overall we felt we got what we paid for but I would try somewhere else on my return to Fujairah.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank B0dger
DUBAI
Reviewed June 18, 2011

What a foul hotel, ı have never stayed ın such a place ın the UAE, food ıs horrıble ıs made me and my daughter sıck, the staff are rude and the swımmıng pool ıs FILTHY, ıt ıs the sort of place that deserves a half star. I would never recommend thıs place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011
5 Thank DARKANGELDXB
Royston, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Which is not mentioned anywhere on the website; disingenious.
The staff were as friendly as any in the UAE but not well trained in dealing with guests (amateurish reception and waiting staff in the deserted Belle Vue restaurant).
The room was spotless and well cared for but all the windows were dirty, so the views of the Hajar Mountains (and all the adjoining building sites) were obscured.
Parking was excellent (played down in the website, don't know why) and the opening times of the pools and gym weird - frankly it is not possible to work out and swim BEFORE they stop serving breakfast.
I wanted to like this place but, sadly, I couldn't recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DimitriH
Basrah, Iraq
Reviewed December 8, 2010

I visit Concorde before the eid because I had some business in the area. I was pleasant surprised! the rooms are so great, clean and the bathroom and especially the shower is very big! When I was there the gym and the spa were opened and also these where amazing, so luxurious! I will recommend this hotel to my colleagues. For me it's no problem that there is no alcohol, it,s very quiet without drunk people!
This hotel also has the best swimming pool en amazing view from the roof

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Salih_10
Ashor75, Manager at Concorde Hotel Fujairah, responded to this review, January 22, 2011
Dear Sir,
I would like to thank you very much for your stay at Concorde Hotel Fujairah and very happy to read that your stay was great.

Wish to see you again soon in Concorde Hotel. Kindly send us a note when you come back to Fujairah to have a cup of coffee together.

Kind Regards.

A. Ashor
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 19, 2010

We stayed at Concorde Hotel during the Eid holidays because the other hotels on the beach were either fully booked or creazy expensive.
Upon arrival it was very busy in the lobby, but the employees were very polite and helpful. We were advised to leave the luggages and go to relax by the pool. 1 hour later came someone with the room key and showed us the room. Very good serivce.

The suite (2 bedrooms and large living with kitchen) was very good. We like the interior & the color combination of the furnitures. Good choice.

Breakfast was very good. The buffet is great and has several international items from almost everywhere.
Seafood restaurant is good and the food was of high quality

For now I'll go to check out and go back to Abu Dhabi

Sure will come back here.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family