“HORRIBLE”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Fujairah
DUBAI
“HORRIBLE”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

What a foul hotel, ı have never stayed ın such a place ın the UAE, food ıs horrıble ıs made me and my daughter sıck, the staff are rude and the swımmıng pool ıs FILTHY, ıt ıs the sort of place that deserves a half star. I would never recommend thıs place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011
5 Thank DARKANGELDXB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
Royston, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Which is not mentioned anywhere on the website; disingenious.
The staff were as friendly as any in the UAE but not well trained in dealing with guests (amateurish reception and waiting staff in the deserted Belle Vue restaurant).
The room was spotless and well cared for but all the windows were dirty, so the views of the Hajar Mountains (and all the adjoining building sites) were obscured.
Parking was excellent (played down in the website, don't know why) and the opening times of the pools and gym weird - frankly it is not possible to work out and swim BEFORE they stop serving breakfast.
I wanted to like this place but, sadly, I couldn't recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DimitriH
Basrah, Iraq
Reviewed December 8, 2010

I visit Concorde before the eid because I had some business in the area. I was pleasant surprised! the rooms are so great, clean and the bathroom and especially the shower is very big! When I was there the gym and the spa were opened and also these where amazing, so luxurious! I will recommend this hotel to my colleagues. For me it's no problem that there is no alcohol, it,s very quiet without drunk people!
This hotel also has the best swimming pool en amazing view from the roof

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Salih_10
Ashor75, Manager at Concorde Hotel Fujairah, responded to this review, January 22, 2011
Dear Sir,
I would like to thank you very much for your stay at Concorde Hotel Fujairah and very happy to read that your stay was great.

Wish to see you again soon in Concorde Hotel. Kindly send us a note when you come back to Fujairah to have a cup of coffee together.

Kind Regards.

A. Ashor
Reviewed November 19, 2010

We stayed at Concorde Hotel during the Eid holidays because the other hotels on the beach were either fully booked or creazy expensive.
Upon arrival it was very busy in the lobby, but the employees were very polite and helpful. We were advised to leave the luggages and go to relax by the pool. 1 hour later came someone with the room key and showed us the room. Very good serivce.

The suite (2 bedrooms and large living with kitchen) was very good. We like the interior & the color combination of the furnitures. Good choice.

Breakfast was very good. The buffet is great and has several international items from almost everywhere.
Seafood restaurant is good and the food was of high quality

For now I'll go to check out and go back to Abu Dhabi

Sure will come back here.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank bicosammy
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We were looking for a good girls weekend and were really excited but when we reached the hotel found out this is a DRY Hotel (no alcohol) which is not mentioned on the website.

We requested them to transfer us to their other property on the beach(Miramar Resort) which was refused with a lame excuse that the management of the Hotels was different. We were ready to pay the difference.

We asked to speak to the Manager in charge was given another excuse of her not being available.

We mentioned that this was a girls weekend and we want to sit by the pool and get some drinks, sheesha and all that, none of the staff mentioned that the pool was closed. We had to experience for ourselves when we walked to the pool and found out it was under construction and the front desk staff did even bothered to mention it to us.

The rooms had some sort of horrible smell we changed two rooms which were one worst than the other.

Finally the Manager was available around 6pm and she very sweetly offered to move us to the other property and was surprised that the staff did not do this earlier.

The front desk staff really needs good training on what to say and just simply say the truth. it was a whole waste of 5 hours which could have been an amazing weekend.

Don’t even thing about going anywhere near this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Ashor75, Manager at Concorde Hotel Fujairah, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
Dear ladies,

First allow me to thank you very much for your comment on Trip Advisor which is very valuable to us.

Unfortunately I had to read that you stay was not as expected. You were looking for a ladies weekend and wanted to drink alcohol. You mentioned that we promote our hotel with alcohol.
Actually we are a dry Hotel, but we do have a juice bar (see description on website). We don’t sell alcohol since we are not licensed, but guests can always bring their own alcohol and use it, as our guests are totally free to spend their vacation as they want.

As per the information I got, you asked for changing the Hotel to Miramar, my colleagues tried to explain that our sister Hotel Miramar is more expensive than us and also tried to explain the cancellation policy, which is also worldwide known and agreed by the International law.

Despite the above mentioned, we agreed not to charge you for the late cancellation and cancel the room free of charge and we also booked you for a very special price in our sister property.

I hope that your stay was great and you've enjoyed the weekend.

Regards, A. Ashor
Reviewed September 11, 2010

We booked this hotel on the fly when our trip to muscat had to be cancelled. I used Booking.com from my iphone to read reviews of this hotel and fingers crossed i booked it.

The hotel is located near the Fujairah airport not far from the beach - a short drive away that is. Our Check in was quick and easy. The reception staff was very nice and polite. We requested for a room change from 5th floor to a higher floor because my mom didnt like the view, Jenny at the front staff did a prompt change.

The rooms were quite spacious, and the decor, colour etc was quite classy. All the installations were new and clean.

The best thing i liked was the Pool, its a HUGEE pool, its like an olympic size one. The breakfast was also reasonable. There were good choices. We wanted to get massages but firstly the spa wasnt ready at that point, and the hotel offered to send the masseu to our rooms, but then we realized it was too expensive 200 Dh (57$) for half an hour of massage.

There was always a valet parking service available, we would come back to the hotel, leave the car at the door and a valet would run to take our car to the hotel parking, all for free.
Overall i would really recommend this hotel, because of it price to luxury ratio

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank hmansoor
Den Haag
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Hi,

For my work, I've to be on weekly basis in Fujairah. Befire I used to stay in the hotel beside Concorde, but now after I saw Concorde and stayed in it, I know that this will be my place as long as I've work in Fujairah.

The hotel is new. Everything is brand new. A very nice reception with friendly staff. The rooms are perfect. I like the color combination in the rooms. The high ceiling is just what I want. It makes yoy feel that you're really in a Hotel. The bathroom is very nice. The walk in shower is good for giant people like me.

The restaurant is nice and offers good variety of food. The swimming pool is very good and big enough. The pool bar is good. They have now a nice tent upstairs by the pool. I like to sit there and enjoy the shisha, the only thing is that they have arabic music which i can't understand and it is a little bit busy, but you still can enjoy the view from thier.

I heared that they have a nice Gym which will open soon. I can't wait to explore it myself. I heared a lot from the staff about the health club and would like to see it myself.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business