“Advance Open Water...checked!!”
Review of Al Boom Diving

Al Boom Diving
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Fujairah
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive into adventure with Al Boom Diving, the leading diving and watersports specialist in the U.A.E. Al Boom Diving was established in 1995 and has become a household name with a reputation for excellent service. Discover our five star operations in pristine diving locations from the stunning reefs in the Indian Ocean in Al Aqah, Fujairah, to the majestic fjords of the Musandam. We also offer diving in the spectacular Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo. What makes us unique is undoubtedly our team of friendly, talented and professional people from all over the world. Our multi-lingual instructors ensure that diving is fun and safe. Our staff have a down to earth warmth which has earned them a reputation for being authentic, and as many guests tell us, “soul”. In fact, going the extra mile is the hallmark at Al Boom Diving. Divers really appreciate that all equipment is carried on board our dive boats and help is at hand for assembling equipment at all times for hassle-free diving. Our fleet of dive boats are comfortable, with shading and refreshments for maximum enjoyment. We have a specialist in-house maintenance team who are constantly checking boats and equipment to ensure the smooth running of operations. We are proud of our exemplary safety record. At Al Boom Diving, safety is sacrosanct. We never compromise on safety. We have a state of the art workshop where all equipment is serviced to the highest standards. Al Boom Diving also provides the maximum level of insurance cover so our guests can relax, knowing they are taken care of. Al Boom Diving offers unparalleled diving in the best locations in the U.A.E. and Oman every day of the year. For certified divers, we offer boat dives off the stunning reefs in Al Aqah where divers will see teeming marine life including spectacular reef fish, turtles and with a little luck, reef sharks and whale sharks. Al Aqah is our most popular dive destination with reefs including the Martini Rock, Snoopy Island and Dibba Rock as well as two fantastic wrecks. Our commitment to conservation led us to create an artificial reef with our unique Reef Balls Project, which is a valuable ecosystem and a source of scientific research for schools. Guests can also enjoy a 25% discount at the Gonu Bar which is a great place to sit back and relax, right on the beach. Form our more energetic guests, we offer exhilarating watersports and parasailing. Day trips to Al Aqah are great days out. We regularly have dhow trips on the Musandam, which is probably the best diving in the region. Guests love the experience of a traditional dhow, with all the added comfort of ensuite cabins with air conditioning. The on-board hospitality is legendary. For certified divers seeking real adventure, we can offer the thrill of diving with sharks in the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo. Get up close and personal with shark species including Sand Tiger and Nurse sharks. Don’t worry, they are perfectly safe! Seeing these magnificent creatures at close range is breath taking. It really is the experience of a life time and creates an understanding of why protecting these ultimate predators is so important. Take the plunge and come face to face with 700 pounds of lean muscle, 300 razor sharp teeth and 100 million years’ worth of evolution. These sharks are waiting for you. It’s perfectly safe, and it’s definitely breath taking. There aren’t many dives around the world that will guarantee you sightings of over 300 sharks and rays all at once. But the Dubai Aquarium can. For those seeking to take the plunge and learn to dive, Al Boom Diving certifies more PADI divers annually than any other school in the G.C.C. taught by the largest team of PADI professionals in the UAE. Teaching is conducted at our purpose built Aqua Center on Al Wasl Road, Jumeriah, in climate controlled pools for added comfort. Open Water dives take place in Dubai and off the stunning reefs in Fujairah. We are renowned for teaching everyone from complete novices to instructors. We also provide transport on our fleet of dedicated buses. Booking diving trips with Al boom Diving couldn’t be easier. We have a dedicated call center which is open 365 days of the year where our friendly team will help you find the perfect diving or snorkeling experience.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Just completed my AOW in Al Boom Al Aqah and I can not be happier. Booking it was easy, clear and had no problems at all. I did my OW with them too so that was an advantage but I have to say I felt very well treated as a repeiting customer. The dives were good, poor visibility but good, instructors, specially Ronald great and I felt very safe and taken care of at all times...all reviews and explanations were very clear too. I will definitely dive with them in the near future... Thanks Al Boom.

1  Thank JJ_and_CQ
AlBoomDiver, Contact Centre Manager at Al Boom Diving, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear JJ_and_CQ,

Thank you for taking time to review Al Boom Diving. It's always nice to hear appreciation on the service that we provide. We will pass on your nice comment to your instructor, Ronald.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
We hope to see you again soon.

Dorothy

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I recently had a brief holiday in dubai staying at the jumeirah zabeel saray on the palm. My hotel didn't offer any dives on the days we where staying so I opted to look else where, I am soo glad we did!
Coming to dubai for the first time I knew nothing about its location transport links etc so contacted al boom regarding a days diving, they could not be more patient and helpful if they tried!!
They arranged collection from my hotel a fair drive away from their main shop and a very polite timely gent collected us with no fuss as agreed early in the morning. We where then driven to the main shop to collect some air bottles and a couple of other customers then headed off to the site in Fujairah in the east of dubai.
When we arrived all our equipment was laid out for us to check and we met the crew who where all very polite and professional.
I honestly felt safe and looked after from beginning to end, they sorted everything out for us and made us feel very welcome.
The diving was fantastic! The sea was literally teaming with wildlife and I cannot wait to go back!
I'd recommend them highly as they are as safe and professional as any team I have seen anywhere in the world, can't wait to return next year for a longer visit,
Kind regards,
David wilson

2  Thank daverave69
AlBoomDiver, Contact Centre Manager at Al Boom Diving, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Hi David Wilson,

Thank you so much for the positive review. We appreciate your feedback.
It's good to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Dubai and especially your dive experience with us. All our staff strive hard to provide the best service possible. It gives so much joy to know that our efforts are recognized.

We hope to have you here again.

All the best,
Dorothy

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were staying in Dubai and travled to Fujairah for a 2 tank dive. We dived on Martini Rock and Dibba Rock. The journey from Dubai was by minibus and took a little over 2 hours. Despite the early start all the instructors were very cheerfull and helpfull and looked after us. When we arrived at the dive center in Fujairah it was a mass brawl to check in. However, once we checked in our kit was already available. The kit is good quality, reasonably new and we had no defects. We were then herded like cattle and transferred to another bus where we were cramed in like sardines. Both dives were good despite the poor vis. Then back to cattle herding for the return journey to the dive center.
Overall: Nice dive, good kit, cheerfull and helpfull staff, but treated like cattle - I would rate it good, but not very good.

3  Thank Andy S
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I just completed my basic open water certification with Al Boom while passing through Dubai. Having took the PADI eLearning option, my classroom exposure was limited. However, the time I did spend in the classroom led me to believe the organization gives thorough instruction and spends one-on-one time with the students. My instructor, Ben, did an excellent job explaining his instructional points in a clear, concise manner.

In the pool, the instruction was professional and thorough. The Atlantis Center has two huge pools in which training occurs, and these are perfect for introductory students like myself. I didn't know what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised by the facilities. The Al Wasa Road facility pool is much smaller, so if you can choose, go with the Atlantis facility.

My first two dives were at Jumeriah Beach, which is very forgiving for the new student. Sandy bottoms and no surge/current make for an ideal underwater classroom environment. The last two dives were at the Meridien facility in Dibba (Fujairah); specifically, Sharm Island and Snoopy Rock. The underwater life is plentiful and the bottom slightly more rough than Jumeriah. A great place to learn! The team at Fujairah was excellent. One thing --- you can buy your lunch at the gas-station stop en route, so there's no need for the overpriced sandwich the Meriedien offers. Also, there are dive shops at all facilities, so if there's anything you want to pick up, it's a great place to do it.

The staff is focused on the customer and caters to your overall experience. I have nothing more to say except that they did a fantastic job and I will take my advanced open water with them in the near future.

Thank you, Al Boom Diving.

SIDENOTE: If there are any down-sides to the experience, it's just the 2-hour ride to Fujairah. Make sure you hit the bathroom beforehand and bring some tunes to listen to.

1  Thank rpb_28
AlBoomDiver, Front Office Manager at Al Boom Diving, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear rpb_28
Thank you for taking the time to review Al Boom Diving. You certainly got to see our operation in some detail as you visited three of our sites. We are especially proud of Atlantis and the facilities we have there.
I especially want to thank you for your comments regarding our staff. Our dive teams at all sites work hard to give our guests the best day possible, and it seems that on this day you felt they did that for you.
Congratulations on passing your Open Water diver course. We look forward to seeing you again - next step Advanced Open Water. But more importantly we wish you happy and safe diving wherever you go next.

Safe bubbles
Bruce

Reviewed July 28, 2013

i have recently dived with Al Boom Fujairah and honestly was one of the best weekends of my life. The staff were wonderful- very cheery, smiley and helpful. Was made to feel right at home. Rental equipment was in great condition and dive sites were spectacular. Throughout my weekend i managed to do around 4 of the east coasts best dive destinations; including Inchcape 1-a 30m deep wreck dive with plenty of wildlife to see (the moray eels being my personal favourite). To conclude i thought the dives were amazing, the staff lovely and welcoming and the atmosphere very relaxed and chilled- even on a Friday!! Thanks to Al Boom AL Aqah for some fab bimbles! Hope to see you all soon x

Dear Roisin

Thank you for taking the time to review Al Boom Diving on Trip Adviser.
We are pleased that you had a "fab" time while here, and we look forward to welcoming you back one day.
It was great you enjoyed Inchcape 1 and the "bimble" you had on the dive. For info we now have a pregnant Puffer Fish down there now, and we look forward to the new attraction.
Safe bubbles