“Excellent”
Review of Al Boom Diving

Al Boom Diving
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Fujairah
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive into adventure with Al Boom Diving, the leading diving and watersports specialist in the U.A.E. Al Boom Diving was established in 1995 and has become a household name with a reputation for excellent service. Discover our five star operations in pristine diving locations from the stunning reefs in the Indian Ocean in Al Aqah, Fujairah, to the majestic fjords of the Musandam. We also offer diving in the spectacular Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo. What makes us unique is undoubtedly our team of friendly, talented and professional people from all over the world. Our multi-lingual instructors ensure that diving is fun and safe. Our staff have a down to earth warmth which has earned them a reputation for being authentic, and as many guests tell us, “soul”. In fact, going the extra mile is the hallmark at Al Boom Diving. Divers really appreciate that all equipment is carried on board our dive boats and help is at hand for assembling equipment at all times for hassle-free diving. Our fleet of dive boats are comfortable, with shading and refreshments for maximum enjoyment. We have a specialist in-house maintenance team who are constantly checking boats and equipment to ensure the smooth running of operations. We are proud of our exemplary safety record. At Al Boom Diving, safety is sacrosanct. We never compromise on safety. We have a state of the art workshop where all equipment is serviced to the highest standards. Al Boom Diving also provides the maximum level of insurance cover so our guests can relax, knowing they are taken care of. Al Boom Diving offers unparalleled diving in the best locations in the U.A.E. and Oman every day of the year. For certified divers, we offer boat dives off the stunning reefs in Al Aqah where divers will see teeming marine life including spectacular reef fish, turtles and with a little luck, reef sharks and whale sharks. Al Aqah is our most popular dive destination with reefs including the Martini Rock, Snoopy Island and Dibba Rock as well as two fantastic wrecks. Our commitment to conservation led us to create an artificial reef with our unique Reef Balls Project, which is a valuable ecosystem and a source of scientific research for schools. Guests can also enjoy a 25% discount at the Gonu Bar which is a great place to sit back and relax, right on the beach. Form our more energetic guests, we offer exhilarating watersports and parasailing. Day trips to Al Aqah are great days out. We regularly have dhow trips on the Musandam, which is probably the best diving in the region. Guests love the experience of a traditional dhow, with all the added comfort of ensuite cabins with air conditioning. The on-board hospitality is legendary. For certified divers seeking real adventure, we can offer the thrill of diving with sharks in the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo. Get up close and personal with shark species including Sand Tiger and Nurse sharks. Don’t worry, they are perfectly safe! Seeing these magnificent creatures at close range is breath taking. It really is the experience of a life time and creates an understanding of why protecting these ultimate predators is so important. Take the plunge and come face to face with 700 pounds of lean muscle, 300 razor sharp teeth and 100 million years’ worth of evolution. These sharks are waiting for you. It’s perfectly safe, and it’s definitely breath taking. There aren’t many dives around the world that will guarantee you sightings of over 300 sharks and rays all at once. But the Dubai Aquarium can. For those seeking to take the plunge and learn to dive, Al Boom Diving certifies more PADI divers annually than any other school in the G.C.C. taught by the largest team of PADI professionals in the UAE. Teaching is conducted at our purpose built Aqua Center on Al Wasl Road, Jumeriah, in climate controlled pools for added comfort. Open Water dives take place in Dubai and off the stunning reefs in Fujairah. We are renowned for teaching everyone from complete novices to instructors. We also provide transport on our fleet of dedicated buses. Booking diving trips with Al boom Diving couldn’t be easier. We have a dedicated call center which is open 365 days of the year where our friendly team will help you find the perfect diving or snorkeling experience.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We were here for a week this is our 3rd visit in 1 1/2 years.
My son did his emergency first response and his rescue diver course and it was an excellent course with very clear and friendly instruction from Ceri Henderson and there was never an issue if my son didn't get something straight away Ceri explained again. He was very happy and felt at ease at all times with the staff at al boom. My son also gets very cold in the water but they had a wetsuit which fitted him perfectly. They are very professional but at the same time also are very happy and kind and nothing was ever too much trouble. He also tried out some of the watersports too and they were also great.
At no time did i feel i couldn't leave my son to go diving with the staff. we will definitely be coming back again to such friendly people thanks to Ceri Henderson Bruce Henderson and all the staff at al boom for making our stay so great.

1 Thank Mrslyd
AlBoomDiver, Front Office Manager at Al Boom Diving, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear MrsLyd

Thank you for your kind comments. It was our pleaseure once again to have you back, and we look forward to your next visit.
One of our aims is to be the friendliest centre and its nice to know that we are getting there.

Safe and happy bubbles to your son - Sean, and to Terry.

Warm regards

• Arabic first
Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Can't find a better Training Centre”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

It has now been 5 years since I have done my dive training through Al Boom Diving in UAE. I started off doing my Open Water and quickly proceeded with Advanced, then Rescue. A year or so later I was ready to do my Dive Master training under the guidance of Francis Uy and Ryan Todd. I did all my dives with them in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Fujeirah and Musandam. The lessons learnt, the guidance and way of training has been highly invaluable. I was blessed to dive with a Whale Shark, Dolphins and Manta Rays at Musandam.

I now live Australia, and have had the opportunity to dive with PADI operators all over the world, including Hawaii, Malaysia, South Africa, Thailand and Australia.

Nothing compares to the level of service excellence and safety that I have seen and experienced with Al Boom Diving. I wish I could take them with me wherever I go.

you guys are the best by far! Keep up the great work!!

Visited March 2012
Dear Mr Steyn

Thank you for your kind comments - the personnel may have changed a lot since you were here, but we like to think that the same elements of safety and fun continue.

I will pass on your comments to Francis and Ryan - and thank you again for taking the time to review our centre.
Seattle, Washington
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Good, not great diving”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I recently went diving with Al Boom in Fujaria. Overall, the experience had some highlights, and some lowlights. If I go back to Dubai, I'll look for diving in a different location and I'm not sure I'd go back to Al Boom (maybe, maybe not).

The good: (1) The communication pre-trip was all via email and despite the time difference (12 hours), was timely and helpful. (2) The dive leaders were clearly experienced and helpful on the boat and did a good job of pointing out interesting features while diving. I would not have seen so many of those things if he hadn't made the effort. That was VERY cool! (3) While the sandwiches were ok (not fabulous), they were filling and huge and quite convenient.

The not-so-good: (1) Although they make a very big deal about you being timely (ie, 15 mins late and we'll leave without you), my experience was that they picked me up quite early for my drive from Dubai and when we got to the dive shop, I then sat around for close to 2 HOURS before the dives. Apparently we had to wait for the 'discover scuba' folks to finish their training and there was another pair joining us that we waited for. Really annoying. At least warn me about it so I could bring a book and sit on the beach or something, folks. (2) Equipment was, shall we say, "well worn" and not clean...my wetsuit had holes in the knees and sand in the legs. Ugh. (3) The dive master was a nice guy but a few of us independently noted that safety *during* the dive didn't seem like a priority. It was difficult to get his attention under water (even though he and I were paired as buddies!) and he didn't seem to proactively check on individuals during the dive. (4) Other dive companies I've used have taken care of everything (isn't that what we pay for?), but in this case, we had to carry and clean our own gear. That probably explains why mine wasn't clean when I arrived, I guess.

In summary, some annoying aspects of the experience with Al Boom, but generally ok. The diving itself was good, not great. Some interesting wildlife (turtles, eels, puffer fish, dragon fish, etc) but visibility was rather limited (3m).

Dear Wandering_Malia

On behalf of Al Boom I must apologise for what appears to be a bad days diving in our Fujairah centre. Can you email bruce@alboomdiving.ae directly and he will investigate what went wrong on the day?
Certainly the normal practice is for the Discover Scuba Divers to do their training during the first dive and join the boat for the second dive. He will find out why this did not happen and look at what went wrong.

Im sorry things were not as good as you hoped for, Bruce will discuss the issues directly when he gets your email address.

In the meantime thank you for your comments, it shows that we still have work to do, and we will strive to ensure this sort of thing does not happen again.

Kind regards
Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent Dive Centre. Great Staff and Quality Equipment.”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Dive manager Bruce Henderson and his wonderful wife Ceri were the most pleasant, yet professional dive managers to deal with. The rest of the staff were also very pleasant and professional. Special thanks to Tito, Erik, Ralph, Jemuel, the boat captain and the French guy!
The Dive Centre is organized and well run despite being so busy. The rental equipment is well maintained and quite new. Nitrox is available and Safety is priority #1.
My wife and I brought our own kit but discovered that our 3/2 mm suits were a little thin for January temperatures. Bruce and Ceri loaned us brand new, high quality 7mm suits to help make our dives more enjoyable. (3mm suits are sufficient but 5mm preferred). The 7mm suits were pure luxury! Bruce and Cery were helpful in so many other ways as well.
January visibility was not great but the dives were still interesting. Lot's of sea life including turtles, huge porcupine fish, blacktip reef sharks and too many lion fish. The Dhow trip to Musandam should not be missed! Whale sharks frequent the Lima Rock area and one was still resident there during our dive (even though their season had passed). The Dhow trip is a full day affair but both breakfast and a delicious lunch are provided onboard. This is probably the most comfortable and luxurious boat dive day we have ever done!
The speed boat dives sites are between 5 and 30 minutes boat rides from the Dive Centre.
If you plan on diving in the UAE,.... then Fujairah is the place and Al Boom Diving,.... your best Dive Centre.

Dear Brian
Many thanks for your kind words - and my apologies for not responding sooner.

It was great having you join us, and we do appreciate the kind words. We are working hard to create the friendliest centre, and your words confirm that we are going in the right direction. You picked one of the most severe times to come, with limited viz and cold temperatures, but I am so glad we were able to provide you with good equipment, safe dives and fun.

Take care of yourselves and thank you again for joining the Al Boom family of divers we strive to create.
Safe bubbles
Cairo, Egypt
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Simply Brilliant Team, Dives and Training”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Id had a few poor experiences with other dive companies but Ceri and Bruce and their team at Al Aqua branch of Al Boom Fujairah have turned me into a competent (I hope) and confident diver. I can't praise them highly enough! Their organisational skills must be pretty good as they have loads of clients wanting different dive sites - they have a reasonably large team to arrange and a number of boats but all of my visits have gone smoothly and efficiently. It looked like and admin nightmare to me but they just seem to effortlesly organise it all. Clients are well looked after and they certainly stick to their motto of "Dive safely but have fun" - the two are important in diving!

Both the training and the diving is excellent. Really couldn't recommend the Al Boom guys at Al Aqua enough!

Dear Ms Martyn

Many thanks for your kind words and your enthusiasm for Al Boom. I can remember the nervous lady in the centre but boy has this lady grown. We are proud to be part of this diving journey you are on and with ALL our guests, we aim to keep performing to the high standards you expect.

We look forward to welcoming you back for the next steps, and promise that the safety and fun will continue.

Safe bubbles