“Expensive and disorganised”
Review of Al Boom Diving

Al Boom Diving
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Fujairah
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive into adventure with Al Boom Diving, the leading diving and watersports specialist in the U.A.E. Al Boom Diving was established in 1995 and has become a household name with a reputation for excellent service. Discover our five star operations in pristine diving locations from the stunning reefs in the Indian Ocean in Al Aqah, Fujairah, to the majestic fjords of the Musandam. We also offer diving in the spectacular Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo. What makes us unique is undoubtedly our team of friendly, talented and professional people from all over the world. Our multi-lingual instructors ensure that diving is fun and safe. Our staff have a down to earth warmth which has earned them a reputation for being authentic, and as many guests tell us, “soul”. In fact, going the extra mile is the hallmark at Al Boom Diving. Divers really appreciate that all equipment is carried on board our dive boats and help is at hand for assembling equipment at all times for hassle-free diving. Our fleet of dive boats are comfortable, with shading and refreshments for maximum enjoyment. We have a specialist in-house maintenance team who are constantly checking boats and equipment to ensure the smooth running of operations. We are proud of our exemplary safety record. At Al Boom Diving, safety is sacrosanct. We never compromise on safety. We have a state of the art workshop where all equipment is serviced to the highest standards. Al Boom Diving also provides the maximum level of insurance cover so our guests can relax, knowing they are taken care of. Al Boom Diving offers unparalleled diving in the best locations in the U.A.E. and Oman every day of the year. For certified divers, we offer boat dives off the stunning reefs in Al Aqah where divers will see teeming marine life including spectacular reef fish, turtles and with a little luck, reef sharks and whale sharks. Al Aqah is our most popular dive destination with reefs including the Martini Rock, Snoopy Island and Dibba Rock as well as two fantastic wrecks. Our commitment to conservation led us to create an artificial reef with our unique Reef Balls Project, which is a valuable ecosystem and a source of scientific research for schools. Guests can also enjoy a 25% discount at the Gonu Bar which is a great place to sit back and relax, right on the beach. Form our more energetic guests, we offer exhilarating watersports and parasailing. Day trips to Al Aqah are great days out. We regularly have dhow trips on the Musandam, which is probably the best diving in the region. Guests love the experience of a traditional dhow, with all the added comfort of ensuite cabins with air conditioning. The on-board hospitality is legendary. For certified divers seeking real adventure, we can offer the thrill of diving with sharks in the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo. Get up close and personal with shark species including Sand Tiger and Nurse sharks. Don’t worry, they are perfectly safe! Seeing these magnificent creatures at close range is breath taking. It really is the experience of a life time and creates an understanding of why protecting these ultimate predators is so important. Take the plunge and come face to face with 700 pounds of lean muscle, 300 razor sharp teeth and 100 million years’ worth of evolution. These sharks are waiting for you. It’s perfectly safe, and it’s definitely breath taking. There aren’t many dives around the world that will guarantee you sightings of over 300 sharks and rays all at once. But the Dubai Aquarium can. For those seeking to take the plunge and learn to dive, Al Boom Diving certifies more PADI divers annually than any other school in the G.C.C. taught by the largest team of PADI professionals in the UAE. Teaching is conducted at our purpose built Aqua Center on Al Wasl Road, Jumeriah, in climate controlled pools for added comfort. Open Water dives take place in Dubai and off the stunning reefs in Fujairah. We are renowned for teaching everyone from complete novices to instructors. We also provide transport on our fleet of dedicated buses. Booking diving trips with Al boom Diving couldn’t be easier. We have a dedicated call center which is open 365 days of the year where our friendly team will help you find the perfect diving or snorkeling experience.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Al Boom Diving were very disorganised. My girlfriend's kit had not been prepared when we arrived; I was given flippers of different sizes and a small women's wetsuit (I am a large man); both of our regulators were faulty, but they only had one spare on board; we had to return all the way to shore after our first dive to pick up more cylinders because they had not packed enough for everyone, which meant that our two dives were only 45mins long, so for six hours spent "diving" we had 90mins in the water. We were also asked to clean our own kit after the trip.

If it had been dirt cheap, all this would have been fine. However, for £60+ per person it was not acceptable.

The diving itself was fantastic.

1  Thank jamiddlebrook

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have been diving with Al Bom for a few months now and want to say thanks. It is getting better. All of a sudden the staff (Philippino), are awake, alive and looking after the customer more. Since Easter i have dived maybe 12 days and I feel like a valued customer and friend. Chris in the office is hardly seen but his influence is there.
Its fun, friendly, helpful and its alive. Keep it up Chris you should get the other Al Boom to copy you. See you soon

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I had an unforgettable weekend there. Al Boom's new management knows how to inspire their diving team. I had great dives at Martini Rock and Sharm Rocks and had seen an unbelievable underwater world. The equipment, boats, stuff and safety standards are top of the range.
I can't wait until I come back!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I'm writing my review before I can even go dive - its that bad! I have dived with Al Boom in the past with no problem, but this time I asked them if they can accommodate me because I'm unable to 100% confirm my schedule. The answer (after explaining that I have only one day off in 3 months is) - if you don't pay in advance we cannot accommodate you. Not that if I make it I can join the dive, this would be accommodating.
No, I'll repeat it again - if you don't pay in advance we cannot accommodate you.

Is this what diving is coming down to - business first, people, experience later. I personally will never even try to use Al Boom.
Again - thanks for nothing!

Only ray of light there is at the end of the dark tunnel was the person that tried to help me (but management refused). Honey, thank you very much for your assistance
Robert

3  Thank R0bert77
AlBoomDiver, Schools Coordinator at Al Boom Diving, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Good morning, Robert77

We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the service you received from Al Boom Diving while trying to book for the weekend of 13th/14th July. Weekends are always a very busy time for diving and on this occasion the only space we had available on our boats was on the trip to the deep and wreck sites – unfortunately these sites were unsuitable for your level of qualification. We try to accommodate divers as best we can, but we always endeavour to have our boats depart from the site as punctually as possible. At this time of year, it is likely that the Al Aqah site has to load from the harbour, rather than the beach, potentially delaying matters further. The boats are scheduled to leave at 10:30am and to ensure they are as prompt as possible, we do request that customers get to the dive centre no later than 10am – the last thing we want is people who have travelled from other emirates early in the morning, waiting on a boat in the summer heat. The reason we ask for payment in advance, especially for weekend trips, is to avoid places being held for people who then don’t arrive, which could have been given to others. We try to keep the cost of our pleasure dives for our guests as low as possible and to do this we do need to have advanced payment to guarantee a place on the boat. However, we are flexible on this and it would have been possible for payment for your trip to have been taken in Al Aqah if space on suitable boats had been available.

Once again, Al Boom Diving is truly sorry if any of this was not communicated to you properly and led to confusion. If you have any further queries or questions please do not hesitate to contact myself (leanne@alboomdiving.ae) or our marketing manager, Ceri, on ceri@alboomdiving.ae

Kind regards,

Leanne, Al Boom Diving

Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

Due to circumstances beyond control of alboom, we only had one dive on the dhow in Oman. Personally I thought that the guys on the boat were professional, well qualified and friendly. The one dive we did was beautiful- lots of really vibrant purple soft coral, a pipe fish, a turtle, moray eel, cuttlefish. I would prefer one good long dive over taking the chances with the weather and someone get hurt so good call alboom!

1  Thank irelandais