“Good Traditional Turkish Food”
Review of Zekeriya Sofrasi

Zekeriya Sofrasi
Ranked #7 of 135 Restaurants in Datca
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I ate here in this Lokanta almost every night. There is a good variety of food to chose from. You can check out whats cooking before ordering and the friendly staff are always ready to help.
No alcohol but they do some lovely Turkish puddings.
There are tables on the pavement and inside too looking out onto the street.
Very reasonable prices.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I sail often to Datca and stop by this restaurant for lunches. I was here for lunch two days in a row, August 13 & 14th, 2013, and for dinner on June 12, 2013.

The restaurant presents food as some do in Turkey: you go and see "what's cooking in the kitchen" with the dishes in their pots behind a glass divide. You pick and choose what you want, then sit down and tell the waiter--or take it yourself back to your table. There are tables inside and also some tables outside on the street.

It's always crowded and locals also frequent it--telling you that it's good. Each day the choice is different depending on what vegetables are in season. I've even had spaghetti here.

I have never had a bad dish! I'm not sure what the bad reviews are talking about, for my husband is very picky about food and, as a Turk, he knows the cuisine. He enjoys it also. No alcoholic beverages are served.

The owners and help are very friendly. The prices very low--$10 USD max. I'll continue to eat here when I visit Datca.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Food is always fresh, authentic and homemade. Staff is nice but they sometimes have difficulty due to the big crowd especially at dinner time. Should not go there for atmosphere, but for tasting delicious local home food at best price. 5-10usd per person max!

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended to us and each time we went it was packed. Deservedly so because the food is delicious. I can attest to the fact that it is all prepared fresh on site because when we went for a late breakfast (also delicious!) there was an army of women chopping and stirring the food for that day. A really hospitable owner explains and helps with the food selection if you need. The chickpeas in yoghurt, fried stuffed flowers, vine leaves, chicken and lamb stews were all mouthwateringly good, tender and lots of different flavours. I loved the outdoor seats on the street so you can people watch. The street is not that noisy- and breakfast was very peaceful.
I recommend this place for good value delicious Turkish home food, no frills just great lovingly prepared meals.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

As I looked at the food in the cafeteria-style restaurant, the owner? came and talked me through each dish in English. I was only one patron but he was patient and welcoming on a busy Saturday night, and found me a place to sit outside. I had a spinach, chickpea, and beef dish, bulger side, and a big water for 15 TL, <$8. Is that expensive? It's not street food. It was not piping hot but was served immediately and was fresh - does that justify the furious review below?

For non-Turkish tourists, as I am, it wasn't glamorous, but I perceived it must be good Turkish food otherwise it wouldn't have been packed with people. I appreciated the energy of being by the main shopping street with wedding cars honking as they drove by. I'll try somewhere else tomorrow, but it was homemade, healthy, and reasonably priced for a Saturday night.