“Once again”
Review of Kilim Hotel

Kilim Hotel
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Dalyan
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Returned to Kilim hotel in May, can't get enough of this hotel.
Noticed many improvements yet again. The owners always seem to have done something new.
some new staff, very nice people along with the regular staff who are also very experienced, helpful, happy and willing to help. There were many families there, some with children who get as much attention as all the guests do.
Can't get enough of this place, atmosphere is lovely. breakfasts are traditional turkish based with extras, lovely. Lunch time there is always a 'special' plus a range of traditional 'visitors' food available. Now a new feature is the dinner menu Bistro style, all cooked fresh to order, no booking required. Lovely menu, lovely food. Very reasonably priced. And of course there is the famous Kilim Hotel BBQ, always plenty of variety dishes to accompany meat or fish. As usual rooms very clean and large, with the usual Wifi available. We spent time in the Riverside Chalets, slightly smaller rooms, good bathroom facilities, clean, cooler because of the shade and didn't need to us the air con as much, with the bonus of the gorgeous views across the river to the famous Tombs. Very idyllic.
boat trips available, eg Olive or Lemon Lounge on request, highly recommended day out, and evening trips as well.
The owners, Emrah and Becky bend over backwards to please all their guests.
This place gets better and better and better.

Room Tip: In main hotel rooms much larger than riverside rooms but all very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This place is like your best memories of summer camp. Rooms are basic, light, clean and comfortable. A small and nice swimming pool, garden and restaurant area in the front of the hotel provide a great place to hang out, eat, swim and talk to the staff and other guests if you like. Wireless works best there (not so great in the rooms.) A few steps away across the road, the hotel riverside garden has wonderful views of the rock tombs, tables, chairs and sofas for lounging. None of this is fancy or deluxe (in fact, the riverside garden could use a little esthetic sprucing) but it is immediately relaxing. Becky and Emrah had excellent suggestions for outings and adventures. We took a day boat trip, swam off the hotel dock in the river alongside sea turtles, hiked to the castle of the Caunos ruins, took a dolmus to the turtle sanctuary and Iztuzu Beach, shopped in the Saturday market and walked all over town. And there's more that we didn't have time for. Our breakfasts were good and the dinners at the restaurant were excellent, better than other places we tried in town.

Room Tip: We liked the ground floor rooms with small balconies.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Got back last week after a week at this truly relaxing hotel. It was my first visit although friends had stayed there before and I joined them for a week. A first class location by the river with riverside rooms as well as the main hotel. It was like staying with friends and I look forward to returning again.

Many thanks to Becky, Emrah, Mark and Hülya who are the people that make it all work

Lorainne Jenkins

Room Tip: Rooms on right hand side are cooler in the morning
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very nice and friendly hotel close to the river. BUT: even if we stayed five nights, they couldn´t provide such a simple thing as cacao for the children - which we had to buy ourself - just as something for the children's breakfast (feta cheese isn´t really tempting for you when you´re ten... even if it´s delicious for the rest of the family).
They gave information on where the markets were - but all infos where wrong. So if we hadn´t had a car, it would have been a real huzzle to go to the wrong villages or to the archeological sight across the river on wrong opening hours...
also we got some quite itchy friends with us from lying on the divan beside the bar. Three of us who rested there got lice:( Not a good thing when you´re on holiday).
Dalyan itself is a nice place for families - friendly and easy going, lots to do and good food. Especially the restaurant on the way to the main shopping, Köcek: an excellent kurdish restaurant run by a former football pro.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Margareta F
emdrummer, Owner at Kilim Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

This is the first time that I have ever felt compelled to write a response to a review on TripAdvisor as the Manager of Kilim Hotel as I do believe that reviews should be something that are voluntary, honest, independent and true. Normally I wouldn’t get involved with comments and opinions but I am writing in response to your review as I feel that you have been very very unfair in writing such hurtful and harmful comments to our business and which can massively affect our future bookings, and because of this here is my reply.

Thank you for giving us the compliment of being a very nice and friendly hotel close to the river (which we are) BUT even after staying for five nights we couldn’t provide such a simple thing as cacao for the children, what does that mean??

We provide a great breakfast in ours and many peoples opinion (not just feta cheese) which is traditionally Turkish, of course feta cheese, olives, cucumbers, tomatoes etc..... but there is also fruit, muesli, yoghurt, sausages, a selection of jams and of course bread and butter, in our 17 year history of having families here we never had a problem that we couldn’t resolve without COMMUNICATION.

We are also more than happy to give the children a glass of orange or apple juice at breakfast with our compliments.

I am sorry that your children didn’t find anything on our buffet that they could enjoy for breakfast and I find it quite sad that they had to resort to chocolate milk (that you brought in and we kept in the fridge for you) “just as something” to apparently keep them from starvation.

I also apologise about giving you so much information about places to go and things to do that wasn’t accurate. I remember that I arranged the boat to pick you up in the morning and take you across the river to visit the ancient site of Kaunos. Many years we have made the same arrangements and we never had a problem, all the families that visited before came back happy and full of excitement, but alas, you didn’t.

Also, recommending other places to visit didn’t work out for you..... even though we do this every day - sorry!!!

As far as saying you had “itchy friends” with you after laying on our cushioned area goes is quite worrying. We have at least 40 people per day laying on the same cushions and until now we have never had one complaint! Are you sure you are talking about our cushions or did you get the “lice” from somewhere else?? We also lay on there every day and so far we didn’t get any lice.... We would definitely be in trouble if we did, what you have written is scandalous and very damaging to our business and our reputation. Thank you for that!!

It’s a shame that you didn’t even make the time after 5 days to sit with us, get to know us and other guests a little, maybe even buy one bottle of water from the bar or join us for a beer as it seems that your image of our hotel is very untrue and very negative. It was nice that after 5 days we finally saw a small smile from you breaking through the cracks, I am not sure, after helping you so much, giving you lots of honest information and as much guidance that I could have done more. I think that you were expecting something more but this is as much as we do, which, in my opinion is more than the norm.

Sorry that your daughter couldn’t swim on the last day and you wanted me to find a solution for that............ sorry that there were no fish in the sea for sea fishing............
We would be very happy to see you again, but next time when you walk through the door, please come with a smile – at least.

Best wishes
Becky Ozdemir

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great enviroment, lots of amazing sights and things to do. becky emrah and mark make your stay more than just going to a hotel. A genuinely great experience - a lot of people iv met here have stayed before and returned. It was my 3rd time myself and loved it just as much as the first. A 100% recommended place to stay if you go to dalyan!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I know, I know, there are a ton of reviews all lining up to tell you just how amazing this place is, and its all true....I chose the Kilim based on the reviews and thanks to them I had the most wonderful holiday.

Becky, Emrah, Mark and Hülya are everything you could ever want, it felt like being looked after by family not "staff", their calm and friendly nature was so contagious, and all the guests just seemed to relax the moment they walked through the gate.

Our first evening was BBQ night, the food was amazing, but the company was even better, we got to meet the diverse range of people who choose to stay here, and the atmosphere was very special. The people due to go home were sharing their adventures and passing on tips for what to do for the week, and the people arriving would just marvel at the great location and vibes of the place.

Dalyan has so much to offer, and the Kilim is located perfectly for everything. Highlights include having boat taxi's picking you up from the jetty to take you to the beach (which is stunning) or for a day trip, and the town a short 5 / 10 minute walk away. But after a rather heavy night in town for my birthday, the following recovery day was spent by the pool, and was just as fun as any other

The room was amazing and spacious (although we barely spent any time in there), the food was delicious and so well priced it was hard to think of a reason to not eat there every night, and the choice of what to do every day is endless, I am already planning my return visit…..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rachel E
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We booked this hotel for 2 nights so that we could see some more of Dalyan, as we had only ever visited the mud baths and beach for one day. We found the hotel through Trip Advisor and decided to book after viewing the hotel's website as it just seem idyllic, we were certainly not disappointed as it exceeded all our expectations.

We were greeted on arrival by all the friendly staff, Becky, Emrah, Mark and his lovely wife and of course the 4 gorgeous cats. We were shown to our rooms, which were spotlessly clean and spacious and the decor was beautiful, a perfect representation of Turkey. The shower was fantastic too, just what you need after walking/ bathing in the heat all day.

On our first night, we ate at the hotel. What a meal! Cooked to perfection even though the portion size did over face us a little. We then had a leisurely stroll around the town to burn some of it off, which is just a nice distance away, a 5-10min walk which just keeps you out of earshot of the bars.

The following morning, after a fantastic Turkish breakfast, Becky arranged for a boat to collect us from the hotel's jetty on the river and take us to the beach which was just amazing. The views of the river and the rock tombs are something else and it was worth the trip to Dalyan from Fethiye just to visit the beach!

The second evening we decided to eat in one of the many restaurants in town and had a lovely meal there too. Whilst visiting I urge anybody to do one of the exercise classes on the river, I know this is not for everybody but I found it to be so relaxing and therapeutic, it just added to all the hotel has to offer. And I believe no stay to this hotel could be complete without trying one of the Bailey's milkshakes, the best I have ever tasted in either England or Turkey. Why not, you're on holiday!

I could go on and on about this hotel, although we only stayed for 2 nights it really did have a huge impact on our 2 week holiday, but I would much prefer people to try it and see for themselves as I don't believe words do this place justice. Thanks for a fantastic stay and we will be sure to visit again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family