“Idyllic setting and perfect food with top staff”
Review of Turtle Inn - CLOSED

Turtle Inn
Cuisines: Barbecue, Turkish, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

A very nice laid back atmosphere with superb food and staff which couldn't do enough to help! Topped off with cracking value for money. Definitely one of my top places to go in dalyan. As for jimmy......he's a cracking guy!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great food, cheap beer, staff are fantastic especially the owner Jimmy and his family. Not to be missed the setting by the river is especially lovely. Slow roasted lamb falls off the bone,, best in dalyan!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was the first restaurant which we ate at upon arriving in Dalyan, and ate one meal there every day for the following two weeks - they couldn't have got rid of us even if they tried! The food is very tasty and always presented beautifully. I'm a vegetarian and am always worried when trying new restaurants incase it isn't to my very picky taste. However the veggie menu here is lovely and the staff are very accommodating. I didn't go hungry at all, and I didn't find the food as spicy as other restaurants in the area.

The restaurant is right on the river which gives beautiful views during the day and feels very exotic in the night. As the restaurant name suggests turtles can often be seen just off the deck.

The staff at this restaurant were so friendly and kind that leaving everyone behind was a real wrench. Both James (Head waiter) and Jimmy (owner) would chat to us every time we walked past without fail and were very helpful with anything which we asked of them. We told James how we wanted to do a mud bath boat trip and he pointed us in the direction of Jimmy's brother Ben (who runs Jimmy's nearby restaurant - Jimmy No name) who regularly organises small private boat trips of around fifteen people, as opposed to 25+ if you choose the public boats. We went on the very reasonably priced boat trip to the mud baths, BBQ on the boat and swim in the river and enjoyed it so much that we booked another trip with Ben immediately after. The atmosphere on the boat was so relaxed that it felt like you were out on your own boat. Its definitely worth paying that little extra so that you are surrounded with less people.

The staff really care and build up a great relationship with you. The boys noticed that I loved the many stray animals which circulate Dalyan, so one day when there was a beautiful cat under one of the tables Jimmy called me over to come and see her. One night we sat at the restaurant till the early hours of the morning with the staff laughing and showing each other magic tricks - ask James for his 'cork and bottle' trick!

Amazing restaurant - will definitely be back!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The setting of this place is fantastic, especially from about 5pm onwards as all the boats return from their daily trips as the sun goes down. Located on the quayside with wonderful views down the river, very welcoming staff and superb food. You must try the Testi which is presented in a flaming terracotta pot and was one of the best meals of my 2 week stay in Dalyan. My partner had a perfectly cooked fillet steak together with a few glasses of red wine...all in all a perfect evening!

2  Thank TonyPT2013
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Perfect surroundings excellent service and the best vegetarian meal ever in Turkey. I didn't have my glasses so I was unable to read the menu so the waiter chose my meal for me. Just perfect.