“A quiet, friendly, simple little hotel where you can feel at home”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Metin Hotel

and 1 more site!
Metin Hotel
Ranked #21 of 62 Hotels in Dalyan
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A quiet, friendly, simple little hotel where you can feel at home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

This simple little hotel was a lovely place to stay. Rooms, though basic, were light, spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff were all exceptionally helpful, friendly and made us feel completely at home. They helped us book trips and make arrangements. There were only a dozen rooms so it was peaceful despite being right in the middle of Dalyan. The pool was a lot bigger than we anticipated, too. This is a quiet little town in a beautiful conservation area- a place to come for a relaxed, slow holiday and most of the hotels guests seemed to have returned to the Metin several times.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Turkish first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

Just got back from a holiday in Dalyan we stayed for a week in the Metin Hotel, we stayed in A block room 201 our balcony was above the entrance and had a good view of tombs and the local street, it was a good place to sit out watching the world go by. Although we booked on a bed and breakfast basis and we also dined twice at the hotel the food was very good. The breakfast manager Hassan was very charming as were the two reception managers and the very helpful night manager. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a safe clean and relaxing get away. You can also learn a tremendous amount from other residents in the hotel as many return year after year.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

The Metin is an older but very friendly hotel and the staff were lovely. It is situated very close to everything and the roof terrace is a perfect location for breakfast. The rooms are basic, kept clean but the big downside for us was that our room was in Block B ground floor facing on to a road. The noise from the traffic was relentless until the early hours of the morning and combined with the dog which barked constantly, the cock crowing and the singing from the Mosque we definitely did not get a lot of sleep. We only had one meal in the hotel during our stay and it was delicious and very good value. In the future if we could be guaranteed a pool view room we would definitely consider returning to the Metin.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank JeanieB10
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

I have just returned from a fantastic week staying at the Metin Hotel. As I initially chose this hotel based on the excellent reviews here on trip advisor, I simply had to sign up and add my own review.
Although this is a budget hotel and is very simply furnished, our room was more than adequate for our needs, being beautifully clean and comfortable. The fridge was a welcome touch and although the drinks were charged at bar prices, this was still reasonable value (and there was also more than enough room for us to add our own, cheaper shop bought drinks too). We were fortunate enough to have own our terrace just a few paces from the few pool which proved a lovely relaxing spot. Many happy hours were spent relaxing on the terrace, enjoying an ice cold drink, enjoying the warm breeze.
The staff were wonderfully friendly, from the cleaners to the bar staff to the manager. Everyone had a smile and helped us feel really at home.
In October it seems that the hotel is popular with a slightly older clientele but is by no means only a hotel for older people. Our party consisted of a teenager and two people in their 30s and we all agreed it was a brilliant hotel.
A special mention must be made for the evening meal. I'm the sort of person who normally shudders at the thought of going 'half board'. I love restaurants. I love variety. I don't want to be stuck having the same old fare night after night; however the evening meal at the Metin was just so delicious and such fantastic value that we ended up eating there 5 times. For 20TL (a little over £9) and just 10L for the under 14s the hotel provides a 3 course meal of fabulous local food. The meal is served in buffet style so it's easy to pick just the things that you want. My main problem was that everything was so delicious and packed full of flavour, I found it hard not to have a bit of everything.
The location of the hotel is ideal. It's perfectly situated off a main street, near many lovely cafes, bars and shops and with a beautiful view of the rock tombs.
I found the hotel to be really peaceful and even though I'm generally a very light sleeper I had a good nights sleep every night.
I have no complaints about this hotel at all. I've stayed in plenty of fancier hotels but this one has everything you need for a holiday in the sun and more. It's excellent value, it's clean and comfy, it's warm, welcoming and people just seem to love it.
When there are so many wonderful places in the world to be seen I often wonder why some people go to the same resort year after year, but having experienced such wonderful hospitality I think I'm starting to understand. I've only been back 3 days and I'm already thinking about booking for 2011.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank 77Viola77
derby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

Amazingly helpful staff and service in a really friendly and relaxing hotel. Nothing was too much trouble. Almost felt part of the family who run the hotel. Very relaxing atmoshere, just the place to chill out. Situated ideally just off the main street but very quiet. Had a great time as the town is a very friendly place too. Got to go back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank davemacDerby
Kidderminster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

When we arrived I thought "Oh no! This is sooo basic" BUT by the end of the day I fell in love with the Metin. The staff are lovely the hotel is very clean and situated in an ideal position to the town. We hired the hotel boat a couple of times for magical trips with the charming captain.
I would say though if travelling with Thomas Cook, if you arrive in the early morning, your first night, is the night you travel prior to arrival. We flew at night, arrived 9am Saturday morning, but our first of the 7 nights booked was the Friday we were in the air so check it out. Our Flight home was 6 a.m the following Saturday morning so our room had to be vacated lunchtime Friday or the extra paid for an additioanl night. Having said all this I will return to the Metin and Dalyan.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
UK, Warrington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2010

Had an enjoyable stay at the Metin. Rooms were of a decent size for Turkey although require updating (we stayed in C block). We had a shared balcony which we were not too keen on due to the lack of privacy and we would ask for a different room next time.
The staff were friendly, especially the cleaners! We did not eat at the hotel and perhaps if we had we would have got to know a few of the staff better. We went on the moonlight BBQ boat trip which was magical. You could not get a better located hotel if you tried - smack bang in the middle of town. The internet connection is Free but is the worst I have ever experienced. The big downside for us is that despite arranging a transfer with the hotel owner directly just a few weeks prior to arrival, they did not turn up. Instead, we had to pay for a taxi at almost double the price. Although the receptionist was fairly apologetic, the owner did not seek us out to explain or apologise for what happened. Neither did they offer us a complimentary transfer back to the airport. For that reason I would say their customer service was not the best I have experienced. Having said that I would stay there again as it was a good quality low budget hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple