“ultrafriendly”
Review of Metin Hotel

Metin Hotel
Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Dalyan
Reviewed October 8, 2009

i have stayed at this hotel 4 time to date and i can.t praise it enough the rooms are properly cleaned every day even the parts that you cant see the staff are all very friendly and they realy cant do enough for you one year my grandson was feeling off colour and one of the staff even took me around the town at 2 in the morning looking for a chemist
the location is second to none just a few minutes walk down the side street from the main road so you are not bothered with any noise

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Metin H, Ön Büro Müdürü at Metin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2017

Reviewed October 4, 2009

Have just returned from our second visit to the Metin Hotel, and found it just as good as the first time.Very friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast on the roof top terrace - Turkish (as you would expect in Turkey!) . Excellent central location but not noisy. Rooms are large, clean and there is everything you need. Nice pool, plenty of sun beds and sun all day long. Excellent value for money, and we shall certainly be returning. Thank you Helena and all her team.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 23, 2009

We did! After an excellent holiday last year, we decided for the first time ever to return to the same place, The Metin Hotel, where we again had a fantastic time. The room was very clean, the maid service excellent, everything was just wonderful! I loved the display of our towelsin our room, they were great. The receptionist was very helpful and couldn't do enough to assist. We went on two boat trips arranged by The Metin and again they were great. It was lovely to go with other guests that you had already met / or not met and not be just another number. These trips were ideal for any age group and the crab fishing was excellent. I think we would have starved if I hadn't of caught so many!!!!!!! All in all a fantastic holiday and would certainly return.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 22, 2009

We booked through Thomas Cook on line just as a last minute break, I never even wanted to go to Turkey but my friend talked me into it and what a suprise! We were welcomed into the hotel by the night staff and shown to a very clean room! The breakfast was very traditional and the lunchtime menu was more then adequate. Unfortunately we didn't stay for an evening meal but the menu always sounded very nice! The other guests in the hotel spoke highly of the hotel and it's owners, none of which were new to the area..one couple had been back 6 years running which speaks volumes!
The hotel is literally central to the bars and excellent restaurants so ideally located.
I would highly recommend this hotel to families or couples both young and old, however if your looking for a tacky, clubby get away then Dalyan wouldn't be for you!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 2, 2009

My family and I have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Metin Hotel which we chose on the strength of the reveiws that we looked at. Our family consists of 2 children, teenager of 14 years and young daughter of 9 years! My wife and I are late 30's.

On arrival we were shown to our accomodation which was a ground floor room with 1 double bed and 2 singles, a toilet, wash hand basin and shower which is about all you require as a base camp. Our room was basic and clean enough with air conditioning but nothing to write home about. Breakfast is a typical turkish affair that is served on th roof terrace overlooking the rock tombs, very nice veiw at first but after afew days it becomes a bit stale like the breakfast ( Melon, Cornflakes, olives, bread, boiled eggs and a selection of cheese and home made jams, youghart etc.) if you are prepared to pay extra you can bag yourself an omelete for 3 1/2 TL..

On an evening you can eat food at the hotel which is served at 8pm around the pool area for a fee of 20 to 25 TL dependant on if it's BBQ time or not. We ate once at the hotel and although it was pleasent enough it would take a miracle to get most UK children to enjoy it as it's typical Turkish dishes of caseroles and mezaes ( very fish and red meat orientated). If your peckish you can also order cheese toasties chips and burgers from the bar. We ate out every night at the local restaraunts which on the whole were very nice! the better one's being Dalyan Cafe , Caretta Caretta and Sahil's which do a fantastic chicken fajhita and decent kids meals.

As always in turkey, it is hell on earth getting past the sea of front door staff who continually try to get you in their restaraunt at any cost but it gets easier the more tanned you become. One thing that is very negative about the resort is the reluctance for most shop keepers to price the items that they sell as they like to charge the british inflated prices! ( really infuriating). If you look hard enough you will find a couple of establishments that are owned by Uk citizeons they tend to price their goods and are pleasent to deal with.

Dalyan is a very beautiful place to see but with the excess temperatures it's very difficult to go out and walk aroundparty if you have young kids in your party.

On the whole I would not recommend the metin to people with children due to the lack of things to do on site. Metin Hotel is very much a turkish, German and Dutch orientated hotel and the staff were not particularly helpful chatty or friendly which is a controdiction to most reveiws posted. i would say that the average age of the guests at this hotel would be about 50 years old and above which is why the hotel is a very muted affair. If you want a varied menu or the occasional game of pool, entertainment of any discription, this hotel is not for you! if you want peace and quiet in the extreme and love all things turkish, then this would be right up your street.

On the whole we found the holiday disapointing! however I feel that people who place reveiws about this hotel are those who have been revisiting for years which is fine as long as the reveiws are objective enough and thorough to enable people with families to make an informed choice.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank makavelliUk
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I came to the hotel as a solo traveller - and certainly didnt feel like I was 'alone'. Without feeling overdone the family (and friendly) atmosphere of the Metin did so much to make me feel very welcome. The kindness shown to me and all the guests was beyond my expectations.

My room was great - and really quite big with lots of sockets for gadgets and a lovely double bed. There was a small fridge in the room with minibar drinks in there (reasonably priced). After a day in the sun it was the perfect retreat and kept me cool and chilled out. The facilities overall are clean and well kept. My room had a baclony (I think all of them do) which overlooked the fantastic mountains.

I wish I had brought my lap top as there is free (very fast!) wireless broadband.

Being a vegatarian I was a bit worried about the food but I needn't have been at all. Breakfast is served on the terrace and there was quite a choice (nice to have just one small meat plate on offer with most of it fresh fruit and vegetables) which is all you want or need in this heat! Melon, juice, cheese, salad, cereals, bread, eggs... etc. Quite a feast (again a bargain for the price!!)

I ate dinner in the hotel a few nights and I can honestly say that it was the best food I had in Dalyan. The Chef should be up for an award! If you want to taste exceptional Turkish home cooking then come to the Metin - the evening meze buffet is to die for.

There is a bar near the pool serving drinks and snacks in a lovely shady area out of the sun. The pool is great (and turns into a lovely fountain at night) and is very family friendly.

The best bit for me is that you can sun-bathe from early morning til around 6.30 as you get all day sun - yahoo! :D x

The hotel is a really short walk to the harbour to get to the boat trips and the boat to the beach (the river is fabulous with some amazing tombs to admire along the way!) and is also in the middle of the low key hustle and bustle of town life.

I did a few trips and unlike most tourist companies the team at the Metin do not rip you off and genuinely do want you to have the most fantastic time.

A little hidden gem - I will definitely be back. The whole experience was faultless.

The Metin family also have villas and other properties so I will definitely be investigating those!

Perfect for my chill-out holiday.

Steph

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank StephanieWales

Reviewed August 10, 2009

Enoyed our stay at The Metin. The hotel is basic, but clean and has good air-conditioning which is essential during July/August. The staff were very helpful and organised a half-day trip on their boat for both myself and partner to visit the lake, which was well worth a visit. Would definitley recommend the hotel and a stay in Dalyan. Although we aren't the type to return to even the same destination, this one is on our list for when we run out of places to go!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple