“A truly Turkish hotel!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dalyan
Mehtap Hotel Dalyan
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Dalyan
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We came back from Turkey after having a wonderful holiday. The hotel Mehtap was exceptional. The hotel and rooms were absolutely spotless and the hotel looked new - no cracked paintwork, rust or broken tiles.....The food was fresh everyday with turkish breakfast and evening meals, which were cooked by the owner and his lovely wife. Nothing was too much trouble for any of them. They made us feel very welcome and cant wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Nice & very clean. Location is good. Only 10 to 15min to dalyan lake & center. The family running the hotel was very feiendly & courtecious. The relaxing are was awsome with 2 handmade swings for children. The only thing that was missing is a children swimming pool.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I chose this hotel based on the comments I'd read about it on Tripadvisor and was delighted with it.
Umit met me from the airport transfer mini-bus and showed me to my room which overlooked the pool. The room was immaculate with flowers strewn over the bed.
The hotel is a level 10 minute walk to the river front and it's easy to navigate around the town itself with many restaurants and bars in the locale.
Breakfast was an embarrassment of delights - Serap just kept bringing more things out. Although I'm not a great one for a big breakfast, it was lovely to sit in the sun with Turkish tea enjoying the fresh fruit, cereal, bread, jams and the egg of the day.
The pool was beautiful and surrounded by ample sun loungers.
The family were charming, nothing was too much trouble and there was no issue with my keeping the room all of my last day when I had an evening flight.
I wish Umit and Serap further success and would recommend their hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Soo3
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We are the first guests for 2013, we were warmly greeted by Umit and his wife on the first night. They were keen to make us feel at home, telling us of all we could see and do in Dalyan. Breakfast was set outside, eggs, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, bread, watermelon, two different cheeses, natural yoghurt, honey, figs, walnuts, and jams- it was quite a spread. We mentioned a boat trip so they organised it with the hotel next door. Nothing is too much trouble. They have two children who are leaning English, and Sarah can understand more than she can speak. she listens laughs and says what she wants to via Umit. She is very hospitable, offering us a share in their family dinner on the second night. Mehtap is immaculately clean and there was definitely hot water, just needed to wait 10 seconds for it to get through the pipes. Mehtap hotel cost us less than £200 for two for 8 nights. It is very good value for money. They have a dog (as do most of the hotels in Dalyan) their dog 'Honey' is a family pet with a collar, clean well groomed and friendly but not a nuisance. They do have guinea pigs that are again pets for Umit's children. They are kept in the back garden nowhere near any guests etc I asked to see them and got to hold two gorgeous babies. Because of the one negative comment on trip advisor I was wary of booking but I looked at all the other comments and ignored the one negative- I am so pleased that I did. Umit and his family run a great Hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the pool room 205 we pushed two single beds together to make our double, b...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Joanne W
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, in a perfect setting, at which a welcome is always assured by Umit and Serap, owners who take pride in giving outstanding care and attention to their guests. We have visited several times and are really looking forward to returning again this year. All parts of this typically Turkish hotel are immaculately cared for, and we especially like the breakfast outside area, set within the garden, making a perfect way to begin the day. This hotel offers a wonderful base from which to enjoy the delights of Dalyan.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Doreen W
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel 6 times in the last four years, most recently in June 2012. It is exceptionally clean, the staff are welcoming and helpful, the pool sparkling and the location just a ten minute stroll from the town centre and three minutes from a lovely walk along the river. Umit speaks perfect English and Serap his wife is like most English people, that is she doesn't speak a foreign language1 But her smile brightens everyone's day. Go!!! if you can get a reservation -Umit has many return visitors and understandably so. M and B Newcastle

Room Tip: Front rooms have the sun in the afternoon, back rooms in the morning. You choose.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank MARGARET S
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is the worse place that I Have been in Turkey. The breakfast is the same every day. and the service is horrible, they just think in money money money.. Bathroon stink ... We had no water for have a shower , and the owner just desappear and his wife say No English No English.... Dont waist your money in this Hotel, you will find better ones in Dalyan with better service like we made when we found out what for a piece of junk . They have animals close to the Kitchen, not clean, not nice.. Is a kind of people who open a Hotel for make easy money but have no experience .they sell jam but they dont have good one in the breakfast

Room Tip: DON USE THIS HOTEL try another one. They have a good price but bad service and if you think in bar...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Francisco B
MuglaMehtap, Manager at Mehtap Hotel Dalyan, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you for your review for us ,but;
Me,my wife and our team are really working hard to make all the guests happy,I think that is why we have many guests coming back year after year.We have 152 reviews on our Tripadvisor page,140 of them are excellent,7 very good,4 average and only yours is terrible.It means that most of our guests left happy from our hotel and it makes us proud and happy too.I spend 24 hours in the hotels bar-reception( I sleep only 3-4 hours in a day in summer season and I sleep in the bar when I close the bar) so if you had any problem it was very easy to find me.Another matter about hot water can not be true ,we have solar water heating system and electric heating system at the same time(This means we have never ending plenty of hot water 24 hours) Animals??? We have a 10 months old dog called " Honey " and 3 guinea pigs in a huge cage.If you don't like animals it is really difficult to explain how clean they are.Our hotel is not a five star hotel,but I am sure we are a very relaxing, family run hotel.I would like to write more but I am sure the people who read all the other reviews ,they can judge...