“Brilliant”

and 1 more site!
Villa Dolunay Apart Hotel
Ranked #9 of 56 Specialty Lodging in Dalyan
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

The Dolunay is as ever brilliant.

This was our fourth visit in five years to the Dolunay and it just gets better.

Gokhan and his family are perfect hosts, serve up perfect food and provide clean and spacious apartments at great value.

The ladies that run the cafe bar are really nice and the cleaners are v friendly too and work very hard.

The pool area is excellent and perfect for families or couples to be honest.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank JuddyManchester

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Our second time at the Dolunay and just as good as the first. The room was excellent, cleaned daily by the two smashing cleaning ladies.Gokan and Hassan with their wives were very welcoming. The Hotel is extremely good value as before. We will come again. The only downside was the arrival midway through our week by a geordie family with 4 children who were just so noisy it was awful, made worse by the fact that we booked in term time to avoid children. Yet more tax payers money down the drain!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank soojim
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were very happy with our accommodation much better than we expected for the price we paid, the apartments and complex were very clean and well maintained, I have titled my review dissatisfied because of the following, 1 on our 1st morning we went to the cafe at the side of the pool for breakfast we both had toast and tea, when I offered to pay the girl she got her calculator out and it came to 26 lira that's about £9 so so that was our 1st and last visit, 2 we luckily had a top apartment I say luckily because of the cats , if you have a ground floor apartment make sure you take your table and chairs in from the veranda when not in use the people below went out one morning to find cat pee on there's, 3. We tried to make friendly conversation with the owners and staff but found them to be a little withdrawn, on our departure no one came to say goodbye or wish us well. 4 the cleaners came in every day and did a basic clean bedding and towels every 2 days this was fine but we found them to be very cheeky, we were there for 14 nights then on at the end of our 1st week they suddenly became very chatty one morning as we were on our way out, on our return we found a envelop on our bed with tip box harts and kisses on it

Room Tip: Top apartment if you don't like cats
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Malcolm953
Reviewed February 28, 2013

we stayed here last june 2012 and had a fantastic holiday. we went with our 2friends who had booked the holiday and i must admit i was not keen at first but was pleasently surprised when i saw the apatrment very clean and the pool area was very clean ,The old dog took my husband down to the shop for bread every morning sweet little animal. Did the boat trips they were fab .We enjoyed our stay so much we are booked for june this year Cant wait to get back to the dolunay apartments See you soon x L&P/ L&R

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LYNDA R
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed here July 2012 with my partner.
First impressions were excellent- The grounds were beautiful, covered with flowers.
Please bring dog and cat food or buy it there to feed the night time hedgehogs, stray cats and dogs. :)

Accomodation was basic but clean. The only thing I found cheeky was that all holiday the cleaners did a basic clean and then on the last day, decorated the towels, covered the bed in petals and then left an envelope saying -TIP BOX. Naturally I took a photo of this for you to all see.

Its location is a 15minute walk into town, up a long road (see pics)- Dalyan is a beautiful fishing village- If you want to go to turtle beach MAKE SURE YOU TAKE THE BUS (It takes you to a prettier, less busy side and there are actually turtles for you to see. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contribute to this fantastic charity that nurses injured turtles back to health.

The pancake place in town is amazing and looks like a real turkish place.
Make sure you tip at the markets as the locals try to rip you off.

The pool was always very clean.
A little personal niggle- The food at the hotel was very overpriced and average-
Hibiscus gardens in dalyan town is AMAZING- youve got to try the garlic steak! So yummy :)

Staying in Dalyan was amazing and I would gladly go back again.
x

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jenny F
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed September - October 2011 for 21 days.

I have been to Dalayan 3 years on the run and I have to say that this was the best.

Accomodation.

1 bedroom apartment - very clean and cleaned every day. Cleaners exceptional.

Staff

Brilliant - everyone so friendlyand helpful.

Pool

I do not use - but big and clean. Plenty of sun beds. ( see photos )

Room

Superb. My cleaners totally looked after me ( see photograph )

Facilities

10 mins walk from town centre. Dalyan quiet and superb. However, very little for children.

Market so so.

Dalayan restauarants - choose carefully. Some very cheap, others very expensive for same quality of food. You can eat very cheaply if you choose carefully.

Steak House - 10 mins down the road superb for breakfast and dinner. Hopefully Max still there to greet you.

Hotel free wi-fi - very important to me for business. If you have skype, very cheap or even free to make calls home.

Cat lovers

I am actually a dog lover, but i absolutely fell in love the four pure white kittens who adopted me along with their mother. ( see photographs ) You have got to see white dad. He is awsesome. Unfortunatley do not have a photograph.

Conclusion

The complex is brilliant and well maintained.

Warning - my fault. I sat out out on the rear veranda 3 days before I was due to leave. I did not spray myself and was severley bitten by mosquitos. In 3 years visiting Turkey, I have never had the problem 12 months later I have finally got ridden of the scars from 3 bites. Make sure you do not make my mistake and cover yourself in spray.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Stuart H
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is our 4th year in succession going to Turkey – the first year (2009) we went to Icmeler (which was lovely). We took the trip to the mud baths at Dalyan, passed Dalyan without stopping and thought the place looked incredible and so we booked to go there the following year, to the Dolunay Apartments, or the Villa Dolunay Apartments. We loved the place so much we returned the year after, and again this year, and we will go back next September, to the Dolunay. I have written two pretty full and comprehensive reviews on Trip Advisor so I won’t ramble on. The Dolunay is not perfect, but it suits us fine. Sixteen apartments, clean, a bit ramshackle (what do you expect for the price?), big pool, ample sunbeds, lovely owners. For regulars, Buddy is still alive and kicking, and a bit stinky! He still follows you into town and waits patiently for you. We have met some wonderful people there, David and Edna, Alison and Kevin, Mandy and Paul, Isobel and Barry, Sandra and Gordon. Hope to see you all in September, 2013. The beds are a tad hard, the water is tepid in the morning (not later on though), there’s a lack of drawer space (as seems to be a problem almost everywhere), and the safes are in reception. Not perfect, but perfect for us. There are a couple of good enough restaurants within a 5 or 6 minute stroll from the apartments. If you don’t like cats, this is NOT the place for you. September it is most certainly a month for the more mature person!!!!

Room Tip: Ground floor for cat lovers, upstairs for people who don't like cats!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple