Holiday Calbis
Asena Motel(Dalyan)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Great 4.5/5
All reviewscaptain alipancakesomelette ladyadult poolturkeynext yearlovely hotelnight porterthe riverair confree minibusfreshly made omelettesmain poolwatch tvfamily roomquiet poolgardens are beautiful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I booked Holiday Calbis independently with the hotel's own website which is very user friendly. The owner replied promptly to all my e-mails and made the whole process very easy and enjoyable. On arrival we were met at the airport by the hotel's own minibus, as we had booked transfers online as well. The minibus is very swish! with great air conditioning, and although we didn't get through luggage collection until 11pm it was no problem. We were also given a bottle of chilled water each which was a nice touch. At the hotel we were shown to our suite "Zeytin", which was lovely. It had 4 balconies, air conditioning and sky TV (which was Turkish but my 6 year old didn't seem to mind!) There were 4 of us and the room accommodated us comfortably. The bathroom was modern and clean, with a great shower. The hotel has two lovely pools, the larger one around 6 foot deep all over, and the other around 5 foot. Both of these pools have baby pools beside them and loads of sunloungers, with shaded areas. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful, well kept and full of stunning plants. There is a bar and a large covered dining area for breakfasts, which were the only slight letdown. There was a reasonable choice, with an overly well chopped fresh fruit salad and live yoghurt every day, some cooked items and continental style cold items. It was fine but be prepared for weak coffee, strong tea and diluting squash instead of fresh juice! These are minor things though as overall our stay was fantastic, and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. They are also very good with children, and seem to genuinely enjoy interacting with them. Dalyan itself is a small friendly little town in a stunning location, where there is lots to see and do. We will definitely be going back to Holiday Calbis in the future.

Room Tip: Our suite had balconies to front and back, which was great for catching a breeze through the room!
3  Thank Erica C
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I really liked staying here. My partner and I don't drive but the walk from the main town of Dalyan to and from the hotel is about 10 minutes and is nice to just soak in some sun.
The room was great, nice little balcony, large wardrobe to hang our clothes in, air conditioning... During our stay the remote for the air conditioning broke. We thought it just needed new batteries but when we changed them over the remote still didn't work. We didn't really go into the pools much either as after my first dip in one I quickly discovered they weren't kept to an ambient temperature and I only really would go in if I was extremely hot but even then I couldn't swim in them for very long and they were really, really cold.
The bar was amazing, lovely cocktails and awesome bar food at lunch time. We only had breakfast included in our stay as we wanted to try a new restaurant in the town each night and there are soooooo many to choose from, we didn't try them all, the list is endless!
The beds were freshened everyday and occasionally we would come back to find our towels and sheets arranged either in the shape of a heart or a turtle or swans with hibiscus and rose petals sprinkled all over the beds which made me smile the biggest grin every time I came back to the room!
The hotel is partnered with a certain type of boat trip which I would strongly recommend anyone try! On our trip, we set out in the boat and dropped anchor on the way to the beach in a large lake where me and a bunch of others on the boat jumped into the water for a swim which was lots of fun especially when I swam into a "warm spot" in the water where the sunlight had hit it just right ;)
Once we arrived at the beach on the boat trip, a barbeque was cooked for all of us and so much extra food was also prepared. It felt like we had known all the others on the boat for years and we were just having a great trip with friends.
There are spas all over the place and dotted about nearby, I was amazed at how much pampering I could have done for a very small price!
There are a few hammocks around the hotel grounds, I spent my last day swinging in one for nearly the whole day just lazing by the pool. Amazing.
If I were to visit Dalyan again I would definitely choose to stay here, it's a lovely hotel. You are certainly looked after.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Aeris_el_oso
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I've stayed here twice now, and it is as lovely as ever. The staff are all friendly and always on standby to help. The grounds are so well kept, with an array of flowers and trees that make the whole hotel look beautiful. There are 2 areas to stay in really, the blocks overlooking the bigger pool at the front of the hotel, or in a block near the smaller pool further into the hotel grounds. I have stayed in both areas, and both lovely. If you would prefer a quiet area, I would recommend the block further back (rooms numbers around 600) as the larger pool understandably attracts more people around it. I stayed in the other block in May so it was a quieter time, and it was lovely with the evening sun on the balcony.

Both pools are so clean & well maintained, and in July, the most perfect temperature to cool you down!

It is about a 10-15 minute walk into town, and you can choose to walk through the main street or duck down a side street to walk along the river. The nearest shop for water etc is about 5mins away. We did bed & breakfast, & the breakfasts were always varied & fresh.

The local animal charity has placed buckets & containers all around Dalyan, which they ask you to fill up with water to help the animals in the extreme heat (tap water is great). There is one outside the hotel, and one further down the road, which I kept topped up & I would urge anyone in Dalyan to help with this cause as it really makes a difference.

2  Thank lizireynolds
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were here from 27th June for two weeks and can't fault this Hotel at all. The staff are more than helpful, the rooms are spotless and its just far enough away from the main town area for it to be peaceful. I keep hearing critisism about the breakfast. There is always plenty to eat as it's a buffet style, if you want full English then don't go to Turkey or read up about where you are staying before you go. ! "Ronaldo" puts a smile on everyones face in a morning.....lovely lad. There is a mini bus laid on to take you into town every night at 7 but we enjoyed the walk. That way you don't miss out on all the wonderful restaurants along the way. The Wishing Well has a good selection and is reasonably priced. Gokmen is improving this hotel every year so hopefully a toilet will be installed near the smaller pool before too long. We would recommend this place to anyone. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did x

Room Tip: We had a room, far end of garden top floor. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Wheelertourers
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I visited the Calbis between 7th and 14th July 2013 with my wife and son and must say that it is an excellent hotel despite it's 3* status. The whole of the complex is immaculately clean and the grounds are stunning. 2 great pools, no loud music and exceptionally friendly staff (Ronaldo - my favourite waiter)

The rooms were basic but totally adequate with air con standard. We had a pool view 1st floor my son had a roadside balcony just across the corridor from us and both were fine. No mould in the bathroom, fresh decor and nice furniture (no fridge or TV but who wants one of them on holiday???). Breakfast was tasty if a little limited at times - always fresh fruit, toast, cheeses and salamis, coffee and teas and sometimes omelettes, traditional Turkish foods and beans / egg etc. Lunches were very tasty and good value.

WiFi is free all over the hotel and grounds, ideal for my lad to keep in touch with his mates back home. the Calbis is about 800 meters from the resort centre with a pleasant walk passing bars, cafes, restaurants and shops on the way. Dalyan is a wonderful place to holiday, nothing like my distant memories of Marmaris. Turkey has a reputation for mither and relentless touting from owners of bars and shops but not here, Dalyan is small and personable and if someone asks you once to try their establishment, they remember your face and do not drive you mad asking over and over the same things, simply wishing you a pleasant day which was welcome!

The night security guy at the Calbis was a lovely man - didn't catch his name but we always chatted after a night out. He works for 6 months continuous without a single night off doing 12 hour shifts on his own, sometimes in 30-35 degrees at night!!! Lovely fella.

If trip advisor had a 1 to 10 green circles instead of 5 then Calbis would get 9 from me, it's 90% quality. The limited breakfast choice was the only downside for me, plus the walk into the resort centre if you had trouble walking may be an issue. Value for money it is spot on and we hope to go back in October.

Room Tip: Pool view or Garden view rooms are preferable to the roadside rooms.
1  Thank ashdec