All reviewsthe riverturkeyhalf boardpool attendantbreakfast and dinnermeal timesancient citywatching the boatsexcellent showerturkish bathflat screen tvair conturkish cuisinerelaxing holidaypool towelsisland boat tripnext year
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just come back from 10 days at the Dalyan Resort and it was fab, relaxing and quiet and peacefull, which is what we needed, no loud music and people shouting join in the games etc, just peace! Plenty of sunbeds, fab views, pool, food, rooms, staff, Ali is fantastic your towels are round the pool on a sunbed for you in the morning, and hes so sweet, nothing is too much trouble for him, the owners were very nice and always went out of theire way to say hi how are you! Rooms had clean towels and were comfy Beach is about 15mins in the free boat, which is a nice little trip down the river and the beach itself is great! Town is 10 mins amble away and is nice, still has a traditional feel, lots of little bars and shops. We went to the Olive Tree and it was the nicest fillet steak ive had in a long time, all in all i can reccomend this hotel and will def go back!

Room Tip: We were room 1110 and it was round the back but it was better because it was quieter and people werent walking past so much!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Clare M
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was our second visit to the Dalyan Resort and we still love it. We arrived late as most Turkey flights are late evening to the warmest of welcomes, quickly settled in our room to unpack, shower and get a good nights sleep. Breakfast and simple and plenty full, fruit, yogurt, pastries and eggs cooked which ever way you like. The staff are so polite and unassuming they don't fuss around you but are always willing to help and genuinely want to. Ali the star of the show always there to find you your little spot round the pool and bring you lovely fresh towels, put your parasol up, move it where you desire, a lovely lovely man and a credit to the hotel.
There is a wonderful mix of people at this resort, everyone smiles and says hello and you quickly make new friends, we did and they made our holiday.
The evening meal? What can I say, my hubby loved the soups, salads, the main course could be hit and miss, beautiful desserts which we tried really hard to resist, but I never ever went hungry hench I have put on a few pounds.
It's not a resort for anyone looking for a wild time, but if you want like minded people lookin for a peaceful, restful holiday this is the place for you. Can't wait to go back next year and a massive thank you to everyone who made this holiday special, you know who you are.

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jill H
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Spent a fantastic week at the Dalyan Resort lived up to its reputation as a very clean and tidy place to enjoy your holiday, staff were very helpful and friendly and the food was varied and tasty(i would highly recomend the shrimp casserole from the lunch menu!) Lots to do if you want to, all you need to do is ask at reception and they will organise it for you,or just use the free river taxi and go to the beach! its only a short walk into dalyan town which is delightful in the evenings, only warning use mosquito spray for evenings outside!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have just spent a wonderfully relaxing and enjoyable 8 days at this superb hotel! Great food, beautiful grounds, friendly and polite staff, excellent views, fantastic pool with plenty of sunbeds, great rooms, very clean and still feels 'new'...what a treat it has been! I was actually a little anxious prior to arrival due to some reviews I had read on here but can honestly say I don't know where some of the comments had come from...we were not mithered by staff, the location is amazing and so beautiful, the hotel is not really any more expensive than most of the bars in town - only water costs a little more but certainly not the £7 that was claimed by some - it was 7TL (just over £2). They do stop you from carrying it in from outside, however if you are discrete and put it in your bag no questions are asked.
Yes, we had a room with a view of the construction site, but they had given us a ground floor room as we requested and we actually decided it was so much quieter and private down that side that we didn't mind given that we only spent an hour a day in the room getting changed to go back out... plus you could still see the hills and boats a little if you look beyond the immediate foreground.If you are someone that spends a lot of time in the room then maybe ensure you get the pool view but for us, we would rather be sat on one of the many decks over the water with a G&T anyway.
Plus other benefits were; we did a great trip through the hotel to the 12 islands on a much better boat than you would have if you booked it in town, other guests were generally very friendly and we often all congregated at night around the bar to socialise with English/Belgian/Germans, there was no pushing or queuing for meals as there were enough tables for all guests to dine at once, with all tables beautifully set around the pool. The hotel is about 15 min walk from the main part of town which for us was ideal as we wanted to 'get away from it all' but it was close enough to wander there when needed.

Tip: As you walk into town from the hotel the nearest end where the main road starts (left by the supermarket & car rental place) has some fantastic restaurants if you fancy eating out/are not HB. One of which was Caretta Caretta and the other was Beyaz Gul. We ate at both on the last 2 nights and both were good. However, I have to say Beyaz Gul is without doubt one of my favourite restaurants I have ever been too. The setting is so quaint - surrounded by trees and really unique furniture, mood lighting, overlooking the tombs lit up at night, with Jazz playing in the background, lovely staff and the food was amazing....heaven! I wish we had found this place earlier in our holiday to even just drink in there a couple more times, as they are happy for you to just drink there to as we had the night previous to eating there). And at such a reasonable price too! A must do for foodies or a romantic night!

Room Tip: Ground floor if you like a terrace
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at the Dalyan Resort Hotel 2years ago and found it to be the perfect place for a soul soothing holiday. The location is perfect, the grounds a delight, food is plentiful, varied and delicious and the rooms are well appointed, spacious and comfortable. There is also a Turkish Bath house with a small fitness room. The masseur who operates from there is excellent. I was travelling on my own and was very well looked after for the whole fortnight I stayed. I was really looking forward to returning the following year with a friend but was really disappointed to find that Thomas Cook no longer used the hotel and I could not find it in any other available brochure. I'm still trying to find the travel company that does use it. Any suggestions?

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent, but ground level ones are the best, having a small outside seating area where you can enjoy your evening drinks in the sun. Keep away from the rooms nearest the river - it's a Mosquito farm!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo