All reviews the river turkey half board pool attendant breakfast and dinner meal times ancient city watching the boats excellent shower turkish bath flat screen tv air con turkish cuisine relaxing holiday pool towels island boat trip next year
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My Husband & I spent 2 weeks in a suite located garden side which was more private & quite than the poolside. The suite was more than adequete but not luxurious as one might expect of suite.It was cleaned daily with fresh towels & linen. Negatives - When I viewed the suite photos on the website I envisiged a back terrace with views to the ancient tombs but in reality the back was only good for hanging out wet clothes and no view as large trees a few feet from the back door, however the front small terrace was lovely to sit & have a drink but thats all. The hotel requests that you do not bring in food & drink but that said we smuggled in alcohol and drank it on our terrace as did alot of other guests. There is no kettle in your room for making drinks so pack a portable one. Positives - The location is 1st class,food is fancy enough & last but not least the wonderful staff, they really did make us feel welcome and could not do enough - Ali,Vely,Erkon aka-sweetie darling & Electron to name but a few. I also have to mention the stunning gardens & attention to detail in the grounds for guests to relax & enjoy, we viewed several hotels whilst out there but none had the same feel or look. We will be back, watch out! Not really suitable for kids in my opinion.

Room Tip: Rooms on garden side past the restaurant where quiter as long as your not on the ends as one end is next to the laundry and the other is next to the restaurant runway.Unless you want the extra bit of space that the suite has the standard rooms are just as lovely it just means with a suite you have a lounge area which we never used really.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Second trip to Dalyan for us and our daughter joined us this year. Once again an amazing time spent at this brilliant hotel. Special Category it says, well does that mean 6 star because you certainly get that sort of attention! Everything, the staff, food and trips to the hard working Ali and gardener are amazing. We booked once again the 12 Island tour with Ercan, which was fabulous. He also arranged a private boat plus delightful Turkish captain to take us early morning to see turtles, and we did, closer than your nose! Fantastic. Its a haven for birds and wild life as it is a conservation area. Relaxed way of life on the river and so many delightful bars in the town you are spoilt for choice. Splendid holiday....we will be back!

Room Tip: We had a suite room with a sofa bed for third person. It was lovely. Maybe next year the back area will be a little prettier when the shrubs have grown.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Oibee
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My Husband & I had a 2 week holiday at this lovely Hotel from 4 June 2012.Everyone was very friendly and welcoming.Ali is so helpful and a thoroughly lovely chap.
, he works so hard.The massage manager & the masseur were excellent,she got rid of all my knots!!! The waiting staff, bar staff and maids are all very polite and attentive. One tip, if you don't want any issue with your bar bill etc, pay each day,which is no problem for reception and you can keep on top of what you have had. Eric's 12 island boat trip was a magical day and well recommended. The taxi boats down to the beach make for a lovely change of scenery. the Hotel gardens are beautifully kept and the pool area is great for meals. We did have 2 down pours but the staff pulled out all the stops to keep us happy.On our last evening there was an angel of a girl playing a harp while we ate dinner,it made for a perfect end to a great holiday. Apart from 2 unruly English children in half term week, this holiday was perfect. We would certainly return.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have outside sitting area.Room 1101 very handy for the pool
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank anngrocott
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My wife and I took our two sons (21 & 18) with us. First family break for 3 years since USA where there was loads for everyone to do so we were a bit uncertain if this would be our sort of holiday. Rest assured, it is fantastic for all ages. We had the best family holiday ever! Hotel great, pool and outside areas outstanding. Ali, what a superstar, helpful to the extreme. And the food...well, I'm drooling just thinking about it. I'd give this hotel max score but for one thing that let it down. Reception staff miserable throughout and tried to charge me twice for bar bill even when I showed them my receipts from having already paid. Got it sorted in the end but it took ages.

Room Tip: Pay bar bills every day or so to keep track of spending and keep receipts!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Very nice hotel in a good location by the river opposite the rock tombs
Big spotless rooms all overlooking the beautiful garden
Food good but a bit repetitive and vegetarians were not well catered for
Had a row with the manager as he did not like us buying water outside, he sells it at 4 X the price
Free boat trips across the river to Caunos and downriver to Turtle Beach were worth it

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends