All reviewsthe riverturkeyhalf boardpool attendantbreakfast and dinnermeal timesancient citywatching the boatsexcellent showerturkish bathflat screen tvair conturkish cuisinerelaxing holidaypool towelsisland boat tripnext year
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Stayed at this hotel 5 times in the past 6 years. We just love it. Staff are wonderful. Really surprised at previous review - but have never stayed in Dalyan in March when most of the resort must be closed. Don't want to say too much as would like to keep this hotel a secret - it is so peaceful and ticks all the boxes as far as my husband and I are concerned. It truly is our piece of paradise.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Caroline M
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We only stayed 1 night in March, which is the off-season. We were the only ones in the hotel. Ali is the best part of the hotel since he is so helpful. He rowed us across to Kaunos and helped us with our luggage.
We have stayed in better 2 star hotels and this one is supposed to be a 4 or 5 star. The hotel rooms are dated with very limited hot water, poor internet access and terrible beds. The complimentary breakfast was not good at all and we did not even try to eat dinner at the hotel. It would be better to find a different place to stay from the many choices in Dalyan. Definitely give this supposed luxury resort a pass.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
10  Thank S T
Ful, Genel Müdür at Dalyan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Dear Guest,
I am so sorry you have such a bad experience. In winter time, the hotel serves only Bed and Breakfast. We inform guests about it. When guests want to have dinner, the Chef prepares whatever they want to have. Some of the rooms of the hotel are arranged for winter condition. The hot water is supplied 50 lt. with an electrical heater. If we heat the big tank of the hotel, we cannot accommodate anyone because of the energy cost. The beds of the hotel has been all renewed in 2012 and we did not have any complaints about the beds up to now. Generally business people who are in the area stay with us during winter. These hotels are constructed for summer operation. I wish you could visit us in summer time. Dalyan Resort Spa, the new hotel we constructed is designed for winter holidays as well. If there is a next time, we will be happy to accommodate you. Fulya Okutur General Manager/Owner

Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed at this hotel as part of a Thomas Cook package. My overall rating is good, but with one caveat in relation to a report I heard of the enforcement by staff of the hotel rule that guests are requested not to bring their own food and drink on to the premises.

I found the staff very helpful and attentive. The setting is lovely, comprising 2 groups of buildings set around the large swimming pool and gardens. The gardens are very well maintained and well established. The hotel is on the banks of the river which runs through Dalyan and there are lovely views of the tombs carved into the hills that overlook the river and the town itself.

The restaurant is spacious and very light, being surrounded on 3 sides by floor to ceiling glass walls. Meals are on a buffet basis and there is a great deal of choice. I would have preferred more fish on the menu, but otherwise couldn't fault choice or quality. At both breakfast and dinner there was always a hot dish available freshly cooked on an outside grill/barbecue. I enjoyed the roast chicken and lamb kebabs and fresh omlettes and sweet pancakes at breakfast were a real treat.

The hotel is quiet, which suited me, but it may be too quiet for some. I travelled in October and there was no entertainment provided. Again, that was no problem for me.

I found the staff to be very attentive and helpful, with heavy cases and taxis. It was a pity that the on site spa was not in use as the masseur was off ill. The staff did offer to make arrangements elsewhere in Dalyan, but the advantage of having an on-site treatment would have been lost.

The one downside in respect of this hotel was the story of a couple whose litre of bottled water was confiscated from them by hotel staff. I am told that they had purchased it so as to be prepared for an early morning pick up the next day for the 12 island cruise excursion. I have no reason to believe that this was not accurately reported to me and I find it petty in the extreme.

There are minibars in each room, but these contain small bottles of water only. In any event, most guests I'm sure returned most days, as I did, with bottles of water purchased during the day against the hot weather. Had I had a similar experience I should have done as the guests affected did; namely, use none of the hotel facilities, including the bar and the restaurant. It should have spoiled my holiday too. As such, the action of the hotel seems wholly counter-productive.

Prospective guests should note that there are insufficient sockets in the bedrooms for more than one use. I had to switch off one of the lights in order to use the anti-mosquito plug and I had to charge my mobile phone using the socket over the sink in the bathroom.

There is no cable tv in the rooms; the small tv available had 8 channels, all Turkish, at least one of which showed English language series in the evening, but I wouldn't rely on the tv for anything other than background noise and the odd English language tv show.

The shower suffered from a lack of holders or surfaces for toiletries. The step up into and out of the shower is also considerable and these two drawbacks affected me as I have some mobility problems.

One other issue was the failure by the room cleaner to clean the glasses I used. I had to wash these every day and have no idea why!

Ultimately, I would recommend the hotel and its staff, with the caveat that bottled water should be kept will inside bags!

Room Tip: If you want a pool view and a view across the river, you should ask for this. There are downstair and upstair rooms, with stairs to climb; something to bear in mind when booking
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Bonnydoon58
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Setting - very pleasant lovely pool and gardens. Majority of staff very helpful and friendly, especially Ali and Eric who were always ready to help. We stayed half board, food was very good although portions served were quite small but they did give you more if you asked. Very disappointed with our room it was very dark and dingy, fittings in shower area missing no where to put shampoo etc when having shower. Overall room was very shabby for a 4 star hotel. On the plus side, settings & staff made up for the disappointing room.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Judy028
Reviewed September 22, 2011

2 years running at this hotel. Best setting in Dalyan. Reception staff are non responsive apart from Mutlu who works evenings, fantastic, informative and very helpful young man. Restaurant staff very hard working, helpful, polite but ruled with an iron fist in relation to management and owners, embarrassing at times. Our maid very good and thorough so room nice and clean with flower displays for the finishing touch. Breakfast delighful with a massive choice. Dinner would be fantastic if it was hot but it is not, only aired. We complained last year and more tea lights were added under the servers which made a difference but we couldn't be bothered going through the rigmarole this year so had to put up with it!!!! Free boat trip from hotel every other day meandering heavenly down the breathtaking Dalyan river mmmmmm (kingfishers, herons, eagles,cranes etc etc) or by local bus from the square for 7L return stopping off before the beach at the turtle hospital. Please make a donation at the hospital and become a member (25L) at the praire cabin for Captain June's relentless campaign to protect the turtles by fixing guards on boat propellors. A Turkish tea/coffee is a must at the Mosque tea rooms, it's wonderfully relaxing watching the world go by and more than cheap!!! Erkan (Eric) for all trips as no overcrowding and guaranteed an informative tour with hysterical humour and laughter (we love him)!!!!! Please make sure you do the 12 Island trip, tour the lake, visit ancient ruins of Caunos (Ali will row you across the river, please tip him generously)!! Ali is the pool guy who is a gem, we didn't see much of him this year as they are using him elsewhere (what a shame). Finally, last year the gardens were pristine, manicured and tended to everyday (all day) by the gardener and where stunning and a treat to walk around. Alas the gardener has gone and it shows as the grounds look unkempt and overgrown which is such a shame. For newcomers you may not notice these things but for us returning guests it stands out like a sore thumb. We have already booked for Dalyan next year but not at this hotel. Ho, don't forget to check out the little turtles by the decking at the hotel and the bigger ones at the cafe, on the river, by the boats in Dalyan centre. ENJOY!!!

Room Tip: If you spend alot of time in your room then obviously a suite is best. We had one last year and it was wasted on us that is why we had a standard room this year. Choose ground floor around the pool as upstair rooms seem to have problems with hot water.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple