“Fantastic watering hole”

Dalyan Tezcan Hotel
Ranked #27 of 67 Dalyan B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I visit Dalyan twice a year, early and late. We always stay at the same hotel but we are obliged to make our choice on the basis of price, which is obviously lower than the Tezcan. However, we invariably take a walk from the Caria Hotel, opposite the river crossing point for Kaunos, along the river bank to around the mosque. We always make a point of stopping at Tezcan for a drink and/or a meal and have always received a very warm welcome from the manager and Evo and Erik and we look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MAGGOR
EvrenTezcan, General Manager at Dalyan Tezcan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2016

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I had River view which is Stunning thats all I can say about this Hotel the room was ok but not best ive stayed in Turkey haveing been to Turkey a lot through the years. Now the downside has one off other Reviewers has said, the Half Board is awfull the worst Choice ive ever had in Turkey and i payed nearly £200 extra for that. Has Sue has said in her review NO CHOICE WHAT SO EVER. Breakfast was not that good also, I payed nearly another £100 to Eat out because of NO CHOICE OF FOOD. I did eat out
at some Faboulous Resturants not expensive can get Steaks+FISH+Drink for £15
So please dont go Half Board you are wasting your Money, I could Eaten like Queen
for my extra £200 i payed to Tour Operator Travel Republic Ive also sent them a letter regarding this Hotel. Just have a look at BC SPA on River Bank I went in there it is STUNNING and leaves Tazcan a 2* you certainly will be impressed thats where i will be going back to thats for sure.
Also Complained to Manager Three Times over this wasnt interested whats so ever.
And you also got BARKING DOGS from about 5 or 6am every morning, the HOTEL has a Dog which was very quite but their let Street Dogs come in and their fighting with the Cat but no STAFF went to sort it out really was un-acceptable
I went to have restfull Holiday anything but staying in this HOTEL

Room Tip: No FITNESS CENTRE AND NO SPA Try and get a River View otherwise at back you look over the building...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank n0rthern1
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for two nights at the beginning of October.

Like the majority of people we booked a river view room but initially given a room overlooking the road! After a discussion with reception the owner(?) eventually appeared and blamed the mistake on the booking clerk.

The view from the room was very good but the room itself was very tired.
The shower screen looked like it had been repaired on numerous occasions all to no avail as the bathroom flooded ever time the shower was used.

The breakfast was one of the worst we have ever experienced. There was little choice and fruit juice incurred a supplement!

We certainly would never stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Expattiger
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have just returned from an 11 day holiday in this hotel. The hotel is in a wonderful location and we had a room overlooking the river and rock tombs...spectacular. Although we were near the river and restaurants on the river bank, the room was fairly quiet. The staff were pleasant and polite, the room maids attended to the rooms daily, and the room was kept clean and tidy. The hotel was clean and well maintained and the pool and poolside were kept clean. However the pool water was too cold to swim in. We stayed on a half-board basis but would not advise anyone to do this as the evening menu was very limited, monotonous and appeared to be on a four day rota, always starting with soup, no choice, one type of soup. We were not always offered dessert, but if we got one, it was either melon or ice cream. Chicken was served most days in various forms, as was fish. Would definitely return to Dalyan but not this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue H
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Some of the criticisms you read here are legitimate: the pool is cold, pool deck is slippery when wet, the balconies are small, the parking is limited and the breakfast offerings vary in number of selections, temperature maintenance, and repetitive. I personally liked the breakfast's Turkish offerings. Also it is true that they do casually monitor their guests, which can be creepy. In my case, I brought in all the trash from our rental car to dispose of in our room trash can. My husband was enjoying the balcony and called for me. I saw one of the water bottles had 1-2 sips left so I drank it on the balcony. The male manager saw me and charged our room for drinking one mini bar water bottle. I told them what I did and they said I can't have outside food or drink...I didn't think 1-2 sips qualified, but ok.

Outside all of this, the building is lovely, the grounds are nice, the people are friendly and the view of the pretty river and ruins are very nice. I'd stay here again. It's a great deal to have a budget hotel with this view! Plus they feed the strays, which warms my heart. My room had an older key card which didn't work at first in the room slot to turn on all electricity including they excellent a/c. The handyman and female manager came and made sure everything worked straight away.

Room Tip: Riverside rooms are the best. Also ask for rooms with the best views. Definitely worth the price.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelinSuz
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have read some of the previous reviews so I thought I would put my visit across. Myself, husband and 19 year old daughter stayed here from the 27th September until 11th OfOctober, we had paid for two river view rooms with balcony. On arrival Sinnan the manager said they had no balcony rooms available for us at that time, just the rooms backing onto the road without balcony. I was not too happy, however within a very short space of time we quickly came to an agreement that suited both parties and it was dealt with. I did notice some people were not happy for various reasons eg a few others with issues about balconies, half board, not enough choice etc, there are 138 reasonbly good eating establishments in the town, so I would never go half board at the hotel, but that's a personal choice. Breakfast ok, but when we were there very cold winds for 3 days and thunder and lightning, so a warm breakfast a couple of mornings would not have gone amiss.

The staff are good at the Hotel, the cleaners decorated my and my husbands bed into a beautiful design as they did with my daughters room, they are extremely efficient at their job. I'm not sure if I can put my finger on the exact reason, but it did seem that things at the hotel were not as efficient and smooth as last year. For example:
wobbly shower doors, air con not working properly, balcony doors not closing properly, some lack of attention to detail here and there. It is perhaps getting towards the end of the season and these things might be expected, but it was (sadly to say) more noticable than last year. That being said, I did not go on hoiday to sit around the Hotel, so it really did not bother me too much, but yet again everyone is different. The Hotel caters to many age groups, from all walks of life, all I can say the Hotel is in the best location in Dalyan, rooms are kept clean and tidy, breakfast is ok, and our experience of the staff is very positive, would i stay here again? yes I would.

Only one dog lives at the Hotel, the rest are walking through and sometimes stop for a lie down, Dalyan is FULL of dogs, stray and otherwise, like wise with cats, so yes it does get noisy at night sometimes, busy location.

Dalyan is a lovely place to visit, with lots of eateries and pubs, lots of choice, numerous places to visit and things to do.

Room Tip: Pay for balcony rooms not just a request
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 12, 2013

just returned from this hotel. we had 2 land view bedrooms but wish we had booked river view ( it,s a must). all the hotel spotlessly clean. Staff and management helpful and friendly.all rooms had safely deposit box which unlike other hotels you did not have to pay. Look forward to returning to this hotel next year..

Room Tip: river view, pay a little more but worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends