“stunning views”

Ranked #25 of 65 Dalyan B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“stunning views”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed in September for two weeks. We booked a lake view room which was at the front of the hotel,the views from the balcony were stunning. The rooms were adequate, house-keeping was excellent and all staff were friendly and helpful.
We had two meals at the hotel which were quite poor so we ate out for the rest of our stay.
The swimming pool was very nice but you had to get up at 5 a.m. and join the towel brigade if you wanted a sunbed as there were not enough for everyone.

1 Thank Rick01068

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Turkish first
Leicester
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in September 2013.Fortunately we chose the Bed and Breakfast option preferring to eat at one of Dalyans, I am told, 164 restaurants, and we were very well pleased with our choice.Everyone we came in to contact with at the Hotel both staff and guests were so friendly.I felt I was staying with relatives rather than a hotel.We had a rear room and I must say that the only reason that I would not go back to this hotel would be if I could not be guaranteed a river view room.A lady guest I spoke to had booked a first floor front room in February 2013,on arrival she had been given a second floor rear room!After some complaining and one night spent in the rear room she was moved to a river view room,so please be warned,.Will I be going back next year?Certainly but in a river view room! I hope.

Room Tip: You can see by the two photos that the view is vastly different,also the rear room does not have a b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
EvrenTezcan, General Manager at Dalyan Tezcan Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2016
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Tezcan in September 2013.
This hotel really is something of a quandary.

The location, as others have mentioned is fantastic, and probably the best located hotel in Dalyan. The rooms with "river view", look out across the river to the ruins of the ancient rock tombs and you get great views up and down the river to watch the world go by.

The rooms are fairly basic but adequate and kept very clean by the maids who we couldn’t fault.
We heard a few people complaining about air con not working properly and showers that didn’t shower but apart from a balcony door that was difficult to close we had no complaints.

That’s kind of where the positives end and the negatives begin.
The dining room is very small and eating is usually done outdoors, but god knows what happens if it rains. Luckily it didn’t.
The hotel allows and even encourages people from other hotels to come in during the day and use the pool area. Obviously looking for drinks revenue. This was OK some of the time, but on some days you couldn’t get a bed around the pool even though you were staying in the hotel.
We heard that the hotel is having a third floor built during the winter, and this will obviously put more pressure on sun beds and pool area.

Now onto our main problems................
The Food.
It was simply abysmal; well most of it.

We could put up with breakfast, even if there was no fresh fruit, (except watermelon every day). Cereals, processed meats, cheese, boiled eggs, yogurt, bread and the chef made pancakes or omelettes on alternate days. No fresh fruit or juices, even though there were plenty on the trees in the surrounding area. Coffee was tasteless and we heard rumours that the tea, coffee and fresh water was all tap water but we can’t confirm this.

We stayed half board, and this is where the real problems started.
First three nights, starter, soup. No alternative just soup, and not even good soup. It was powdered.
This was followed by a choice of three main courses, usually one vegetarian option. Meat balls and grilled chicken pieces seemed to be the staple fare, one night we were offered spaghetti bolognese, and one night fish and chips.
The best part was the desert, watermelon. No choice just watermelon. When we questioned this they made a special concession and offered tea or coffee.
After 3 nights we had "a word" with the head waiter and from then on got Ice Cream as a special favour. (but don’t tell anyone else)

The food was bland, boring, repetitive, and obviously made to a price, not a standard. I don’t know how much the chef budgeted per guest but it can’t have been more than a couple of pounds per day if that.
We paid £2200 for this holiday and got food to the standard of a very poor corner cafe.

After 4 days we asked to switch from evening meals to lunches and the manager agreed to this.
Then we found several good restarants in the town and the "Tezcan diners" became a memory and even a joke to share with other guests.

Conclusions:

The owner should stop spending so much time to playing backgammon in the garden area, and have a chat with some of his guests about their thoughts on the Tezcan.
Everbody that we spoke to had the same views that we have. Could be great, but is'nt.

It seems that the hotel is living on its reputation for having such a great position. It was refurbished a few years ago and looks like it hasn’t had a penny spent on it since then.

Would we go back again?
Yes, but B&B only, and buy our own fruit at the market. It costs pennys!

Room Tip: River view is a must. Book with a tour company, the hotel does overbook but probably wont mess with...
1 Thank brieryfield
portsmouth
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Restaurant service was a joke as staff appeared untrained and lacking in interest. We eventually ordered our drinks after attracting waiter's attention then had the advertised 'meze' and soup of the day served together! When finished the waiter asked if we wanted our main served right away or after 5 minutes. We opted for latter but after 20 minutes or more had to ask for our main courses. These had been kept warm and chips were like bullets and the Chef's specials were not as advertised. Looked like spag bog mix! The fish casserole contained a gill bone and no fish. On complaining the waiter spent several minutes forking through the meal but agreed there was no sign of fish. We eventually agreed to pay for our soup, meze plus 2 drinks for 6 people, which came to 192tl and left hungry. What a disastrous night out!

Room Tip: Didn't stay at Hotel which looked nice from outside with views over the river but restaurant was...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Well I don't know what the last review is all about, I stayed at the tezcanhotel from the 1st September for eight nights. I knew the rooms were standard but I got what I payed for. The rooms although basic were spotlessly clean. The staff were so welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was adequate, the views amazing if you get a river view ,and the location is fantastic bang in the centre of town. We have stayed in dalyan before, and this hotel has location and views. I will defiantly stay at the tezcanhotel again next year and we can't wait

Stayed September 2013
5 Thank Lizzie T
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had this originally booked for 3 days but cancelled the other two days after the first night stay. The good was: lunch, breakfast was goodish, and swimming pool was good. Some rooms directly face the rock tombs so you can see them sitting in your veranda, the hotel looks good on the outside and to some extent on the inside. The bad: rooms were dark, small and almost cramped, Same with toilet, you can’t even open the toilet door fully (Yes it is that cramped). The ulgy: we made three complaints in the one night, once because the hotel key dock on the wall was loose and had wires with live electric current, another because the hot water wasn’t working in the morning and the other I will not mention (Give them the benefit of the doubt). The hotel is also right in the centre of the hustle and bustle of Dalyan.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ShekD
EvrenTezcan, General Manager at Dalyan Tezcan Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear sir,
your complaints and your comments are always important and helpful for us,but on the other side,it is not unacceptable your some comments for us,because of unfair things;
you are mentioned the room you stayed was small,you made booking for standard room,not for family suit room online.probably,you chosen standard room rather than family suit ,because of the price difference.it was better to chose the room type according to number of your family member.
secondly,our rooms are daily cleaned and checked by our housekeepers and staff,another thing is
our hotel position is at the center and houbor,that's why, we are prefered by most of our guests.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I didn't stay here but if the reception staff are any indication of service, it should be highly recommended. I was quite ill on holiday and needed to see a doctor quite urgently one Sunday morning. With the local surgery closed, I asked the reception staff at the Tezcan if they could give me the number of a doctor. They were very helpful and even though I had told them that I was not staying with them they called a doctor for me free of charge. A big thank you, I am very grateful for your help.

• Stayed August 2013