“love this Mansion”

Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Dalyan
Saltcoats, United Kingdom
“love this Mansion”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Have arrived for the second time to this heaven mansion, third day in and my husband and I are so chilled out. The owner Murat and his beautiful wife are always about if you need anything. The lady who makes the breakfast serves the most amazing breakfast, her pancakes are delicious. This is a special and very cared for mansion, a lot of love and work has been put into it. We have a lovely room that gets cleaned every day, they all work very hard. I love lying in the hammock and swimming in the pool. The town is only a ten min walk, and we are booked for the midnight cruise and the twelve island trip which we do every year. This is our seventh time to Dalyan, we love it. We come to relax, chill out and recharge our batteries as we both work very hard. The perfect place to do this. still have another 12 days of heaven.

Room Tip: We always like the room looking onto the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank amallan

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Turkish first
Denton, Texas
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This beautiful little boutique hotel is simply the best place my wife and I have ever stayed! We can’t imagine anything better. Murat, Dilek, Gülsüm, and Esra work tremendously hard to make sure you have a perfect stay. By the end of our nine nights, we felt like they were family and we were very sad to leave. They all have such pride in being wonderful hosts, making you feel completely relaxed and pampered. The Turkish breakfasts were delicious and always a little different every day. The pool was immaculate and the entire setting is filled with beauty. The short walk into the center of Dalyan is a positive aspect because it gives you distance from the rest of the tourists (and free bicycles are available if you don’t feel like walking). This review may seem exaggerated but stay here yourself and you’ll feel the same!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank James T
Brandon UK
Reviewed October 21, 2013

A little walk out of town but we were pleased to be away from the centre which was probably noisy. A very clean large pool with plenty of loungers and an excellent dining area so that breakfast was by the pool gazing at drifts of bougainvillea which was near to out previous life working in the tropics as we have encountered on holiday. The dinner ( we ate at least twice) was very well cooked and presented at a reasonable price. The only drawback was that the owners did not appear to have a car thus no transport for the airport or pick up at the bus station.
Our room was rather small and the balcony looked over next doors garden where there was a noisy dog at night. Perhaps other rooms were better overlooking the pool? The air con was quiet and effective. TIP Avoid the hotel's "airport connection taxi" The driver was dangerous...a very frightening unnecessarily high speed journey. Bus and taxi drivers otherwise were careful and considerate so get one from town yourself.

Room Tip: Avoid room 7 as the balcony overlooks the road and is not private.
5 Thank Anne C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our 9 night stay at the Murat Pasha Mansion. Dalyan itself was incredible - what a fantastic place to visit, and we both lost our hearts to it. The hotel was slightly out of the main part of town, which I appreciated as I liked being able to walk into town for dinner in the evening, and then waddle home afterwards, full of Efes and meatballs.

The rooms are on the smaller side, which kind of forced me to unpack my suitcase (I'm a notorious unpacker on holidays, whereas my husband is the opposite; he's a better person than I). There was a small fridge in our room, and tea and coffee making facilities, which we didn't use. In the fridge, or 'mini bar' there was water and some soft drinks. A nice touch would be a couple of free bottles of water in the room for when you first arrive as its suggested that you don't drink the tap water.

There was a small balcony with only one chair, and neither of us used this much apart from drying our beach towels.

The bathroom was on the small side too, with a shower which always gave me hot water when needed (hooray!), and a toilet which flushed when I used it, so no complaints from me.

The breakfast was brilliant. I loved the variety on offer, and started trying to predict what egg-based dish would be on offer each day. There is a little bar which offers basic snacks (toasted sandwich, salads, etc) throughout the day and off course has Efes and soft drinks, plus teas and coffees on offer.

The pool is a really good size for the amount of guests and I enjoyed swimming in it a lot, despite the shock of the temperature. The pool is not in the sun all throughout the day, so even though we were there in September, it was still pretty cool. There was one incident where another guest seemed aggrieved by the fact that she couldn't find a sun bed in the sun, but there are so many other areas in the garden to sit that if you're a sun-worshipper you'll always find somewhere to lay.

The two ladies who do the cleaning and cooking are very smiley and friendly, and despite my Turkish being minimal, and their English being patchy, I felt very fond of them during our stay.

There were a few couples at our hotel who had booked into Hotel Calbis which is across the road but had been bumped over to this one due to overbookings. I haven't visited Hotel Calbis but looking on the website, I can kind of understand why some of them were disappointed, as the Murat Pasha Mansion is a lot smaller and quieter.

I would suggest that if you're after a quiet basic hotel which has high standards of hygiene then this place is for you. If you want somewhere a bit more lively or central, then I don't think this would be for you.

3 Thank RoxyHot10
newcastle
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Last day of our two week stay at this hotel. We have had a lovely time and would definately return. See my review under the above named hotel rather than me repeating it again. Suffice to say we would recommend this hotel which has a certain charm and is situated just 10 minutes walk from town centre, making it peaceful and quiet.

2 Thank carlkay
newcastle
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Just to clarify this hotel is also known as Murat Pasha Konegi. We can only agree with all of the positive comments that has already been said. Loved that breakfast was served to us rather than self service. Typical Turkish breakfast with the addition of scrambled, boiled or fried egg on some days. Also yoghurt and fresh fruit which made a nice change. Small, friendly hotel ran by Murat and his wife and two lovely ladies who worked their socks off all day, cleaning rooms, serving snacks, etc. We have been to turkey many times but this was our first time to Dalyan.We will return to Dalyan and to this hotel definately.

1 Thank carlkay
kent
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Found the Murat Pasa Konagi by chance what a lovely secluded hotel beautiful pool area amazing breakfast. And to top it all Murat and Dilek the most perfect host.
If you want a hotel that's in a very quiet area but not to far from the centre I suggest you try this amazing gem.

1 Thank millirose