“Peace and Tranquility in Dalyan”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Grenadine Lodge
Ranked #2 of 67 Dalyan B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just returned from an amazingly peaceful visit to the Grenadine Lodges in Dalyan. A truly beautiful hotel in a lovely setting. A place where you can just "be" and relax. The owners and staff are so helpful and go out of their way to make sure your stay is perfect in every way. I really hope to return soon and would advise anyone planning a trip to Dalyan to try the Grenadine Lodge!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I had the pleasure of hosting an fitness retreat here in June 2013.

The host Aygül is so accommodating and welcoming to all of her guests and met everyone's individual needs no matter how small.

From an instructors view, the lodges location, cleanliness, food and facilities were spot on and I have quickly booked up for a repeat Bootcamp in June 2014!

Weather you are a guest looking for peace and quiet or an instructor wishing to book out rooms for a retreat I can highly recommend Grenadine Lode. My only warning would be that you may end up a repeat booker !

Simply stunning.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed at Grenadine Lodge for a yoga holiday and it was pure joy and relaxation. I can highly recommend this hotel. The staff is amazing, the food delicious, the room comfortable and with aircon. The owner Aygul is taking good care of the lodge and you can see and feel that her heart is into it. It couldn't have been more perfect.
Our yoga shala was one of the best I have been in.
you can take the bicycle and explore the area on your own or use it to get into the center within 5min.
I had a wonderful week there and would definitely return.

Room Tip: we stayed in 101 and it was really nice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sabiine
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed at Grenadine Lodge in early June 2013 and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a reasonably priced boutique hotel in a great location. It's outside the centre of Dalyan but still within 15 minutes walk or 5 minutes by taxi. This means that you get the peace and quiet but access to the nightlife when you want it. Aygul is a great host and her and her staff are always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that your stay is as good as it possibly can be. I stayed there for a fitness retreat but I spoke to other guests who were equally happy staying there without joining the fitness or yoga. I was sad to leave Grenadine Lodge but hope to visit again next year!

Room Tip: If you're tall (over 1.75m), go for the ground floor rooms for a little extra headroom
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here in the second week of June, just before it got too hot (for me) and loved it. Grenadine Lodge is small and because of that everyone is very friendly - on the very first night I got chatting to two other women at the bar, and by the second day I'd met everyone. Which meant that there was always someone to sit with, or go out into town with if you wanted to. It really is the sort of place that you can go to on your own and not feel uncomfortable, but equally if you want to just be left alone you are. Aygul is lovely and offers loads of helpful advice on where to go to shop/eat/have coffee and can organise a lift from the airport direct to the door for you so really the whole process of getting there couldn't be easier. The staff are really helpful and friendly. The pool is pleasant. The food is fresh. The treehouse, complete with cushions and carpets is nice to sit in during the day and although i wish I'd gone up in the evening with my wine I didn't, But next time I will. I know from chatting to some of the other women guests that they go back every year and I think now I've found out about the lodge that's what I'll be doing too. Oh and there are plenty of books if you want something to read at the side of the pool.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Fiona M
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Spent a week here, and it was absolute heaven, could not have been nicer. It is a little way out of the village which means it is peaceful and secluded. Aygul and her staff are always on hand for information or to order a taxi, or get snacks/drinks/beer/wine/ice-cream from the bar. It is about a 15 minute walk from Dalyan town but that means it is quiet and away from the hustle of the centre, but a taxi will arrive within minutes to take you there, and there are always plenty to bring you home all day and night at a cost of 10 or 12 lira (3 or 4 pounds). The dolmus bus passes the door (beach one way, town the other way). Pool is beautiful with plenty of sun loungers in the sun or shade. You are not going to be doing lengths, but it is great for a cool down and to float on a lilo.

I had an upstairs room, which had a sloping ceiling so best to avoid if you are tall, but it suited me as it was a bit more private (although I didn't spend much time in it as I was always by the pool). Twin beds, safe, mini bar/fridge with soft drinks/water/beer, hairdryer, air con, free wireless in all rooms, small balcony (bit too high to sit on but useful for drying towels and peering over). Bathroom was a little worn but totally satisfactory. Although the dinners were vegetarian and I am not, I really did not miss the meat or fish as everything was so delicious. You can get a nice burger at lunchtime if you crave meat. But it was nice to see the cook wandering around the garden gathering herbs in the afternoon. I was very sad to leave.

Room Tip: For privacy ask for an upstairs room. For tall people, those with children or if sharing ask for a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank splodgeness999
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was at Grenadne lodge w/c 24 June and phew it was hot! Anyone going there for a yoga holiday take lots of fresh tops with you! The yoga area is lovely and when the breeze did come it was a welcome relief.

The suite that we had was basic but very clean, couldn't be closer to the pool meaning you could leave the door open and go in and out of your room without a security problem, in fact I am quite sure you could leave your door open 24/7 as your own yoga group tends to take over the lodge. (Although if you are a non yogi don't let that put you off that the group takes over the lodge). In the room itself I would advise that if you are two women sharing to take a hairdryer and a folding mirror, as the hairdryer provided is on the wall of the bathroom, also there is only mirror in the bedroom and as I had the dressing table area in the lounge part there isn't a mirror and as my friend was in and out of the bathroom too that area was also being used, (I did actually put the reverse camera on using my iPad which I thought was quite clever, but no good for putting on make up!).

However, that aside, the food is amazing, they will do fish & chicken upon request but that didn't bother me at all, the mini bar drinks are the same price as the bar one's, the pool and gardens are quite stunning. The lady who ran the bar and did the food at lunchtimes was very helpful, short on English but you got there and she was by far the best member of staff in my opinion.

Quite a walk into town I thought, (not that I ventured to walk in the heat), but the taxi service was great. I would say it was a 20 minute walk maybe..? We ate out twice which I shall have to check where we ate, but the restuarant that they or Free Spirit recommend is right by the river which can attract 'mozzies', we also thought that the place that one of the group chose (Saki) was MUCH MUCH better.

One last thing is that the lodge do provide pool towels at 3 euros each for the pool (also another 3 euros if you want a fresh one), at least this saves on weight unless you manage to pack less than me!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends