“Fabulous little gem”

Hotel Grenadine Lodge
Ranked #1 of 65 Dalyan B&B and Inns
“Fabulous little gem”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Spent a week here, and it was absolute heaven, could not have been nicer. It is a little way out of the village which means it is peaceful and secluded. Aygul and her staff are always on hand for information or to order a taxi, or get snacks/drinks/beer/wine/ice-cream from the bar. It is about a 15 minute walk from Dalyan town but that means it is quiet and away from the hustle of the centre, but a taxi will arrive within minutes to take you there, and there are always plenty to bring you home all day and night at a cost of 10 or 12 lira (3 or 4 pounds). The dolmus bus passes the door (beach one way, town the other way). Pool is beautiful with plenty of sun loungers in the sun or shade. You are not going to be doing lengths, but it is great for a cool down and to float on a lilo.

I had an upstairs room, which had a sloping ceiling so best to avoid if you are tall, but it suited me as it was a bit more private (although I didn't spend much time in it as I was always by the pool). Twin beds, safe, mini bar/fridge with soft drinks/water/beer, hairdryer, air con, free wireless in all rooms, small balcony (bit too high to sit on but useful for drying towels and peering over). Bathroom was a little worn but totally satisfactory. Although the dinners were vegetarian and I am not, I really did not miss the meat or fish as everything was so delicious. You can get a nice burger at lunchtime if you crave meat. But it was nice to see the cook wandering around the garden gathering herbs in the afternoon. I was very sad to leave.

Room Tip: For privacy ask for an upstairs room. For tall people, those with children or if sharing ask for a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank splodgeness999

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Turkish first
Cheshire
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was at Grenadne lodge w/c 24 June and phew it was hot! Anyone going there for a yoga holiday take lots of fresh tops with you! The yoga area is lovely and when the breeze did come it was a welcome relief.

The suite that we had was basic but very clean, couldn't be closer to the pool meaning you could leave the door open and go in and out of your room without a security problem, in fact I am quite sure you could leave your door open 24/7 as your own yoga group tends to take over the lodge. (Although if you are a non yogi don't let that put you off that the group takes over the lodge). In the room itself I would advise that if you are two women sharing to take a hairdryer and a folding mirror, as the hairdryer provided is on the wall of the bathroom, also there is only mirror in the bedroom and as I had the dressing table area in the lounge part there isn't a mirror and as my friend was in and out of the bathroom too that area was also being used, (I did actually put the reverse camera on using my iPad which I thought was quite clever, but no good for putting on make up!).

However, that aside, the food is amazing, they will do fish & chicken upon request but that didn't bother me at all, the mini bar drinks are the same price as the bar one's, the pool and gardens are quite stunning. The lady who ran the bar and did the food at lunchtimes was very helpful, short on English but you got there and she was by far the best member of staff in my opinion.

Quite a walk into town I thought, (not that I ventured to walk in the heat), but the taxi service was great. I would say it was a 20 minute walk maybe..? We ate out twice which I shall have to check where we ate, but the restuarant that they or Free Spirit recommend is right by the river which can attract 'mozzies', we also thought that the place that one of the group chose (Saki) was MUCH MUCH better.

One last thing is that the lodge do provide pool towels at 3 euros each for the pool (also another 3 euros if you want a fresh one), at least this saves on weight unless you manage to pack less than me!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CheshireSunflowerz
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I joined a group for a week of yoga at this lovely retreat and had a fantastic time. The staff are helpful, the rooms spacious and nicely appointed and the complex nicely laid out and beautifully tended. The town of Dalyan is easily accessible and there is plenty to see and do in the area if you feel like getting off your sunbed. This was also my first trip to Turkey and I loved the very varied landscape we experienced on our excursions. The people are very friendly and if you are looking for rest and relaxation, Grenadine Lodge is the perfect Turkish destination to enjoy this.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Sooke, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Beautiful, amazing, informative,personable, warm, relaxing, fun and yummy to name a few!! The owner, Aygul, provided an experience that matched the above descriptive words! The hotel is charming, clean, in beautiful surroundings and has pools for adults and little ones. The food was fabulous. I still can't think of Grenadine without my mouth watering. The eating area is a pleasure to be in, never mind the food! Spending time there was like a huge hug!!!
Aygul knows where to go to have the best adventures, places to shop to get great deals, yummy places to eat and the town is within a short walking distance. She goes out of her way to help your holiday be whatever you imagine a holiday to be. I am only sorry I can't go above 5 stars!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have just returned from a lovely relaxing holiday at Grenadine Lodge.
This is the 2nd time we've stayed there, and once again Aygul and her friendly staff excelled themselves. Always making sure her guests are happy, nothing is too much trouble.
Great location in a conservation area, peaceful no mobiles going off or clattering of cutlery.
Within walking distance of Dalyan Town or short taxi ride, water taxis to great beach. Dalyan town lots of bars & restaurants where you feel safe. Yoga great & lovely homegrown food. Can recommend Noni's Cocktail at Grenadine. :) Hope to return 2014. :)

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We have been to the yoga retreat at Grenadine Lodge Turkey 20 -27 May with Tanja as the teacher and would like to let you know that we loved the entire experience even that my wife did not do the yoga. Tanja as a teacher was inspirational, all the staff at the lodge were so kind, helpful and friendly, the food was excellent - even though we are not vegetarians we enjoyed all the meals. Fantastic swimming pool and tree house. We would certainly go again - Thank you for a wonderful experience
Best Wishes Karl and Immacolata (Grenadine Lodge Tanja Mickwitz May 2013)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have had two holidays here, one in July 2010, and I have just returned from another glorious week, everything was just like the first time, the Hotel is clean well run, the staff are so friendly and helpful. Food, excellent, Pool Excellent, the weather this time being early in the season was a little unpredictable but certainly didn't spoil anything. Dalyan is such a lovely place with plenty to do and the hotel is in the best location, not too far from anywhere and so tranquil.The new Yoga space is lovely, we were a group of 8, and our Yogi's first venue, I think I'm right in saying that we all came away from this lovely place relaxed, detoxed and looking forward to returning here.Keep everything just as it is Aygul and Team!

Room Tip: I stayed at this hotel twice and had, by coincidence the SAME room, not that i minded, it was upstai...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends