Olympos Lodge
$84
$87
$116
$113
Canada Hotel Cirali Olympos(Cirali)(Great Value!)
$55
$42
$55
Kimera Hotel(Cirali)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswinter gardensmall laketurkeygardens are lovelyclean waterthe wrong placestandard roomvery special placepeacocksluxuryinstallationnatureparadiseolymposruinsseabeach
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We recently got married at the Olympos lodge. WE had many friends and family members that met us there and also stayed at the lodge. What a great experience it was! Olympos was only one of a few stops we and our guests made in Turkey ( we also went to Istanbul, Kas and Ankara), and Olympos Lodge was by far everyone's favourite. The grounds were beautiful with animals running around. I know some people have complained about the animals, but it they made for a great atmosphere.........and the staff was constantly working on the grounds and they were very clean - you could certainly tell they were cleaning up after those animals daily! The atmosphere was very laid back and the staff were all attentive and very hospitable. After staying there for a week, we felt like we had a personal relationship with the staff and felt well taken care of.

Olympos Lodge had the best location on the beach. Despite being there during the Ramadan holiday weekend, the beach was not very crowded because olympos Lodge is situated at the end of the long beach and at times we had the beach to ourselves. Speaking of the beach, although it is a pebble beach, it was the most beautiful clean water I have ever seen. I do recommend beach shoes, so you can thoroughly enjoy the beach.

Olympos Lodge was more pricey than most, but it is well worth the great atmosphere and the semi-private setting. Some of our wedding guests stayed in other hotels down the beach and Olympos was by far the best. After our wedding we stayed in Kas and paid the same for a hotel there, we found ourselves longing for Olympos and wishing we had stayed there longer.

As for the wedding, anyone looking for a place to get married on the beach should definitely consider Olympos Lodge. Aysen organized everything, and did a wonderful job. We communicated with her a few times before the wedding and discussed wedding dinner, music preferences, etc. When we arrived in Olympos we only spent about 1 hour meeting with her to discuss the wedding. The rest of the week we enjoyed a vacation of a lifetime with our friends while she made all of the preparations. With Aysen's help, we had the wedding that every girl dreams about, and at a very reasonable price (probably about half the price of a US wedding). The food served at our wedding was amazing. I have to say, I wasn't always impressed with all of the food at the restaraunt during the week, but they put together one exceptional wedding feast for us, which was much much better than the daily menu. That being said, the breakfast buffet at Olympos was very good, probably the best I have ever seen. We looked forward to it every morning.

When you are at Olympos Lodge, you feel very secluded like you are in your own private oasis. Despite the private feel, if you want to go into town, it is only a short 5 minute walk with many shops and restaraunts available. There are also many other restaraunts along the beach where you can go if you want some variety.

I must agree with confusedperth... This is a wonderful place to stay. It has a great, laid back atmosphere with personalized service. The only people I wouldn't recommend it for are someone who is looking for a 5 star super modern, sterile environment. If you are looking for a quaint hotel with a great atmosphere, on a beautiful beach and surrounded by amazing natural beauty around every corner, then go to Olympos Lodge.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JYET
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Obviously the hotel has been made with good intentions in a wonderful seaside wild life location of Turkey but the average professionality level and the maintenance level for a 140 Euro deal is simply unacceptable.

The cleanliness is good, the internal decoration is good, real peacocks that keep walking in the gardens look good (except a horrible sound that they made everynow and then)

The kitchen is average, but the breakfast is good, although the dinner quality and the wine selections are average. The kitchen and reception staff is very friendly but we had the impression that the over all management of the hotel is not very professional.

Two times in a row we did not have hot water in our bath room and when we complained about it they did not offer any compensation. Normally when this happens two times, hotels offer a discount or something. Our room did not have an internal telephone to be able to communicate with the reception and they said that there is big technical problem and they need to dig the whole underground.

There are too many animals around freely wandering so if you are not a real big animal lover, this could be disturbing.

The wellcoming and bell-boy help doesn't exits and when you arrive you hardly find someone at the reception. There is a long stone way between the parking lot and the reception area which is made of rocks of medium size like a mosaic and if you try to pull your carry on type of luggage you would feel like coming from a long bumpy journey by the time you arrive to reception.

Sometimes animals make a horrible chirping sound which may prevent you from a good sleep. The bathrooms are too small in my opinion.

The location is excellent and a place like paradise but I should warn you that the seaside is a pebble beach not a sandy one.

For conosseur wine lovers: Although there are excellent boutique wines in Turkey the wine selection of this hotel is below average and their table wine is not so good. They immediately need to replace the table wine with a better one.

My overall rating is 2 our of 5 and Ithink that this hotel doesn't deserve 140 Euro bed & Breakfast in a low season time. (They said that in the high season they charge 175 Euro, I think it is even more outrageous)

Final verdict: Price / Quality ratio is unacceptable in our opinion.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Utku67
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Unfortunately this hotel did not live up to the reviews we had read. The hotel is difficult to find and once you find it the rooms are are average. The dining is expensive and for some reason this hotel finds it ok to have a variety of cats, dogs, and birds joining you while you dine acceptable (we di not!!!). The only two reasons to go there would be to visit the Chimera (a mountain top area where flames have been burning in the rocks for millenium-amazing to see, and the beach which is nice but very rocky).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank curioustraveller4
Reviewed October 9, 2010

My husband and I are Australians just finishing a three and half week tour of Turkey and Olympos Lodge is best we have stayed in. I read the reviews after booking in. If I done so before I may not of stayed here and missed out on what has been my favourite place on this trip. I find it hard to believe that the rating is so low and I feel some of the comments are untrue or unfair which has prompted me to write a review.

Our experience was a positive one. The hotel is the best located in Cirali, right on the beach. The gardens are lovely with many beach chairs, seating areas and hammocks on which to chill out on. There is a wooded walkway to the beach. The staff were lovely. Overall service was good. The food was wonderful. We had a great seafood buffet on the first night and the quality was high.The chefs were very keen for us to try everything which we did and ate too much.The meze was very good. The rooms were well appointed, spacious and clean. We had a sea view room so we could step out our door, lie on a beach chair and wander into our room as we felt like it. The beds and pillows were the most comfortable we have slept on in this trip. Turkish beds are very firm and it was a welcome relief to have something softer. Overall we really liked this place and were very happy here.

My response to some to other comments. The positive ones pretty much say it all and we agree with them

The negative comments.
Yes the rooms are expensive compared to other Turkish places but the place is quite unique and there has been nothing else to compare it with along that part of the coast. Similar resorts in similar locations in Asia would be more like 400 euros per night

Yes there is wildlife and it is not dirty. I think the ducks, peacocks, dog and cats created atmosphere and added to our experience. My children would have loved watching the animals interact. We certainly did. They did not keep us awake at night.

Yes there are bugs but we are staying in nature and it would be the same problem at any hotel along here. We would prefer the risk of bugs in this natural setting to drunken package tourist in other overdeveloped places we visited. We had no problem with any bugs

We did not experience slow service. This is not the place where you click your fingers and it all happens with intrusive staff hanging around all the time. The place is very relaxed and I found staff willing to help and found the manager very gracious.

Final comment is we loved this place. I would definitely return. I would be happy to pay the money for the uniqueness of he experience and the relaxation we gained from here in this beautiful setting.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2010

we had some nice days there. The hotel has a very nice garden ... but the service is one of worst I have ever seen. For a 5 star hotel and cost for a night of about 200€ I expect an excellent service and not people who are not willig and/or not able to help with the simplest questions. One morning one stupid women called us to come to breakfeast. We did not understand this but afterwards I guess that we were the last couple and they wantet to finish breakfeast even if we were in time. Increadible.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple