Arcadia Hotel
Odile Hotel(Cirali)
  • Breakfast included
Aida Hotel(Cirali)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was my third visit to Arcadia - same 2 weeks in July/August. I had previously requested my favourite bungalow - Zambak - which is in Arcadia 2. I still believe the rooms are better located than the beach side ones as much more quiet and newer. For a single person Arcadia is ideal as safe and friendly. Had I been with a partner/family I would have ventured off property. My aim was to rest and recharge my batteries. Which was what I did. Perfect peace. I now feel like "family" and nothing was too much trouble to Nedim, Berto and Mehmet. The food was a fresh as always but I have mentioned before that it is a bit too "european" and not turkish enough. Menu had not changed in 3 years either. However, if you try the local restaurants then 2/3 nights in the superb surroundings of the hotel are most enjoyable. Summer is still too hot for sightseeing so if you just want to chill out then Arcadia is perfect for you. I think it would be beautiful in Autumn and spring when walks would be just lovely. I have graded the housekeeping below average this trip - this was reported to the hotel - so hopefully this blip will have been sorted as I write. It has always been good in previous trips and did not spoil my holiday.

Room Tip: Arcadia 2 is as good if not better than 1 and cheaper. The rooms on the beach side are older and there is more "guest traffic". Zambak is my preferred room as the hammock is on the terrace and very secluded.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in July in Arcadia 1 which is closer to the beach. Cabins are very spacious, simple layout, nice deck and hammock to chill out in. Breakfast is included and good, we had lunch as well which was fairly tasty and moderately priced.
The hotel itself is set on a beautiful property with chickens running around. We did get woken up by a rooster early in the morning but that is just part and parcel of the surroundings.
We took bikes to the main part of the Cirali which was about a 10-15 min ride and probably would be about a 30 min walk.
The beach is not the nicest, it is very rocky although they did have some nice loungers. The water is clean, warm and a nice break from how hot the weather was.
Overall a pleasant stay, if you are looking to simply relax, do nothing and chill then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Like I said above, wonderful cabin, right on the beach. However, a few problems...

Our room wasn't cleaned once in our 3 night stay, despite us asking repeatedly.

The walk to town is extremely far. At least 30 minutes each way. And it is HOT.

My 65 year old father was kept awake all night by a SCREAMING rooster right outside our cabin. Generally, the entire property is overrun with chickens, cats, and bees.

The staff claims to speak English but seem to misunderstand just about everything you say, and make basically no effort to make sure that they do understand.

One of the waitresses was very standoffish and rude. The others were just generally unhelpful. All of them seemed to be very forgetful, as we had to ask multiple times even for small things, like tea, even though

They charged us an absurd fee to get us to the airport. Clearly a rip-off but we basically had no choice.

I would highly recommend that you find somewhere else to stay. The town of Cirali has about 50 pensions in it. Probably any of them would but better, cheaper, or both.

Room Tip: Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank DanielDaniel_12
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We have recently returned from a weeks stay in Arcadia and already talking of going back! If you are looking for a place to chill, then this is it. We stayed in Arcadia 2 which is set amongst the orange grove and a 2 min walk from the beach or just 1 if you use their bikes!
The cabins are spacious and very comfortable. The outside area feels very secluded from the neighboring cabins due to the layout of the trees. Each cabin has its own hammock which we fought over most nights!
The dining area is beautiful with both indoor and outdoor seating available. The views of the beach are dreamy! Breakfast itself is amazing, huge portions of fresh olives, feta cheese and other local produce and fantastic coffee. Dinner was just as wonderful and tasty!
The beach is pebbly but it's not really a problem. The sea is clean and the waters clear, great for swimming. This place really deserves all the praise it gets, not just because of the location and the cabins, but for the owner and staff. They are genuinely friendly and nothing is a problem.
A big thank you to you all!

Room Tip: Arcadia 2 appears to have more surrounding space.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Since we were last at Arcadia, five more wooden cabins have been built in a beautiful orange grove. We stayed in one of those and it was perfect. It was so good having mesh at all the windows so they could be open all night and no insects could come in. The house was very well equiped and cleaned daily, and I loved our hammock under the banana tree. It was all so peaceful and visually beautiful. Everyone loves the breakfast and you can have it at any time. 18 different things! The sea is like silk and late one night under the light of the moon we saw a turtle come up onto the sand and laid her eggs, covered them over and headed back silently into the sea.
Thank you all Ahmet's team for looking after us so well and we would love to come back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple