“Our favourite restaurant in Cirali!”
Review of Oleandro

Oleandro
Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Cirali
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Oleander was definitely our favourite restaurant in Cirali. The setting of the restaurant is really romantic and set amongst fig trees with oil lamps and pretty flowers on the table. The staff were really friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The fish here is excellent and very reasonably priced compared to other restaurants nearby. So are the cocktails which were much more expensive else where. We were also offered a free desert of figs and cream which was delicious and free turkish coffee at the end of our meal. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!

4  Thank sj333

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I wouldn't contest that Oleander is a lovely setting for a meal but sadly its food is the "least good" we've experienced so far. My wife as a non meat eater was particularly drawn by the fish shish while I had the meatballs.

Both were reasonably bland and for the first time I've heard fish described as "gristly". While nothing was out and out terrible it was nothing memorable either. My empty glass sat neglected through several incursions by the staff. I could have asked for a refill I know, but I was bloody minded enough by that point to see if I'd be offered another drink.

We also felt pretty rushed, we were in and out in under an hour, although by that point we were happy to pay up and make a move.

That said the service was friendly and helpful enough, our host explaining the selection of meze available and it's reasonably priced, comparable to the rest of cirali's eateries. It's just a shame that the kitchen doesn't seem to have been afforded the same effort that has undoubtedly gone into the dining area.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

The food was okay, and the place was nice and clean. Their owen was closed so no fresh bread to go with our meze. Romantic atmosphere. The food was not better than some of the other restaurants we visited but the prices are reasonable.

2  Thank Timela_kbh
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We went to Oleanders after reading reviews on here. We had eaten in other restaurants such as Kutle Hotel, Simge and Lemon before our visit. I don't think Oleander's is any better than the other places we ate. It is fairly pricey for the food and alcohol in comparison to other places but the food isnt any better quality. I had fish and found it rather slimy and tasteless. My partner had chicken kebabs, and because they cook the fish on the same BBQ and commented that his chicken had an underlying fish taste. Overall, nice setting, amazing service but let down by the food in comparison to other restaurants in the village.

2  Thank Katiebeb
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We have eaten here twice now and both nights the food was exceptional. The service was attentive and friendly and it has a very relaxed atmosphere. The only problem is leaving feeling
rediculously bloated as everything is delicious and it is far too easy to overeat! I would highly recommend this restaurant.

3  Thank Jellyhellybaby