“A little gem!”

Ranked #4 of 18 Avila B&B and Inns
Spain
“A little gem!”
Reviewed September 24, 2009

Lovely location and easy sign-posting as one enters the city, which is not true of most other hotels. Excellent value for money and a cracking restaurant across the road with a lovely waitress named Mari-Luce.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Nottm England
Reviewed February 14, 2009

i stayed here for a single night while travelling around this section of spain in december.

Avila is a tiny little place, ideal for an overnight stay, the walls around the old part of the time look like they are straight out of a film set.

The hotel itself was excellent. nicest room i stayed in on my trip,
done in a rustic style similiar to one i stayed in , in toledo but i think cheaper and looked like everything had been newly refurbished.
Mine was a single room with a cracking bathroom, immaculate, very impressed

• Liked — the room, location
  • Disliked — breakfast, a bit dull
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Spain
Reviewed October 11, 2006

Located amoungst the historic buildings, of which it is one, the Hotel was perfectly located. The room was very modern, spacious and clean. The girls on reception were very friendly, flexible and efficient. The only negative, as with most building in similar wounderful locations, was the parking and although they recommended parking 100 metres away outside the walls we were able to park opposite, 20 meters away! The price was good too.

• Liked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank TonyDW
America
Reviewed June 17, 2006

I was terribly disappointed with this hotel - actually I was downright mad! I researched on line to find a hotel that had wireless internet access. I passed by one cheaper hotel without internet and one more expensive with internet that were one block from the train station and rolled my bag the INTERMINABLE distance( when you are toting all your bags) to the El Rastro for the promise of a good price and internet. The first disappointment was the fact you could only use the service in the lobby. Well, there was indeed a wireless connection - in the sense you could connect, but it was so unbelievably slow I couldn't even get my mail without the server timing out. Uploading pictures and stories was impossible. They claimed it was from the rain though I tried again the following bright sunny day with the same result. I tried complaining, very nicely, to the night clerk. The lady shrugged her shoulders and said it wasn't her problem. I asked for a discount. She offered to take off 5 euro. I explained that wasn't even enough to take a cab back to the train station. She handed me a list of hotels and told me I could go find someplace else - yeah at 11 o'clock at night in the rain. I tried complaining the next day - same response. The basic attitude was "we could care less that you have a problem that is our fault, pay us your money and go away." (Actually, I found this to be the attitude in much of the town.) The room was the size of a decent walk in closet, albeit with new fixtures and a decent bathroom. The breakfast was a joke - stale pastries in plastic bags and cold coffee. None of which mattered, the best amenities in the world couldn't make up for the I-don't-give-a-damn attitude of the staff. The only thing they did nice was keep my bag until the afternoon when I got a train and got the heck out of Avila.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business