“Made new friends in just a short time. Love the Stuber family!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alaska Redfish Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sterling
Alaska Redfish Lodge
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Made new friends in just a short time. Love the Stuber family!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

Steve was so helpful when I was making our plans for our vacation to Alaska. He called me and gave me some good advice. Once we got there we were treated like we had know the Stuber family forever. Gave us the cabins we wanted when we got there, shared fresh salmon with us to cook our first night there, and they cooked halibut tacos for all the guest on our last night. Steve helped the men book their halibut fishing trip. Cabins were great and our nights there around the campfire with the Stuber family and all the other guest was nice. Where else can you expect treatment like that. Thanks Steve and Lea, we had a great time at your place.
And, a special thanks to Marsha, Steve's mother, for all the special perks there. Love visiting with all of you. Hope to be back one day. Pat and Helen Morein, Lake Charles, Louisiana

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Wasilla
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

I was having out of state guests and we decided to go to Homer and then head to Seward the next day so we wanted a place somewhat in the middle. What a treat this place is. The owner Steve is very nice and makes sure you feel welcomed. Steve's mom Marsha was so nice also. When you get there they have coolers for you to take with you on your road trips or fishing trips. Then they have the grills, both gas and charcoal/wood to use. Inside the cabin I was happy to see they have a tv, (as I need a tv to fall asleep too). I will be going back to this place for sure. I was just bummed that it rained while we were there. Would have loved to sit by the camp fire.

Thank you Steve and Marsha for making us feel at home.
Bobbi

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

The Redfish Lodge is the most fantastic place to stay on the Kenai Peninsula! After staying there a few nights we cancelled the rest of our peninsula tour just to stay longer at the Redfish. By the end, we wanted to move to Alaska, and we wanted Steve and Leah to be our neighbors!

We booked a few nights after talking to the new owner, Steve, because we were charmed by his friendly attitude on the phone. Even after that introduction, the family-owned lodge far surpassed our expectations of hospitality and comfort. Our cabin was very comfortable, clean, had a great bed, a kitchenette supplied with dishes, and was quiet and DARK inside at night (very important in June for sleeping). Steve took care of all our fishing needs, and coached us through cooking part of our salmon on our own grill outside our cabin. He even supplied the seasonings! His wife, Leah, vacuum packed the rest of our catch, and then invited us to a picnic dinner around the campfire the next night! They even took time to listen to us around the campfire, and some of our favorite foods appeared... ask about their halibut recipes... the BEST!!!

Steve built us a campfire every night, where we talked, made s'mores, banana boats, and watched a moose and her recently born twins munch on the trees. We were charmed from beginning to end by our hosts and sights, and it was very hard to leave. But, the box of fish that Steve packed up for our flight reminded us that the trip wasn't over. We'll be reminiscing during dinners for weeks. We are hoping to plan a family reunion there next year. It will be a perfect location!

The Redfish is a great deal... you'll be treated like family, they'll take care of your every need, and they won't nickel and dime you along the way. If they can make your stay easier or more comfortable... they will! Get in and meet these folks before they are booked solid every season!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Durham, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2010

Everything about Red Fish Lodge was excellent, so I want to give special attention to the service provided. That's just it; I was given special attention. When I needed advice about fishing, I got it. When I needed help getting a license, I got it. When I needed directions, I got them. For fishing, I was lent a large cooler for my fish and a small cooler for my lunch since I was not able to travel with my own. After my first day of fishing, I was even invited to dinner to eat my very own freshly caught halibut grilled by the owners. It is true that I was their first customer of the season, but I suspect that they treat all of their customers like royalty whenever they can. I had a very personal, thoroughly pleasant stay, and I recommend Red Fish without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Roswell, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

Steve & Lea run a great operation and treat everyone like family. The cabins are modern, clean, and well equipped. This is not camping, it is a great lodge. Steve's fish processing at the Lodge is a great addition to bringing your vacation home. His local contatcs and knowledge truly add to the vacation. I would rcemmend this place to anyone.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

After searching for accommodations on the Kenai, we were fortunate to find that a family from Minnesota owns The Redfish Lodge. Steve was very willing and helpful to schedule our trip, providing very flexible accommodations on a rather short notice. He made lots of phone calls to make sure that we got the best fishing guides in the area on the days we wanted to fish. At the lodge, we were treated like family and invited to join some spectacular dinners. The fish were packaged very professionally at the lodge and it was enjoyable to hang out and watch the process. They also helped us box the fish for the airplane and it stayed nice and frozen until I made it home. I will definitely be back to see you all soon!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2009

This was our first trip to Alaska. Found the Redfish Lodge while searching for places on the web. Talked with Steve several times with questions about fishing, directions, etc. He was always helpful and accommodating. We were thrilled when we arrived and saw the Lodge. It was very nice, clean, quite, close to the river, and had everything we needed. Steve and Leah and Steve's Mom were so helpful. They got us a guide for our fishing trip, packaged our fish, kept them until we returned home, then shipped them when we called. They even invited us to their fish fry one night. Great people and great place to stay. Hope to return there some day.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Kenai River Lodge
Alaskan Wooden Bear Cabins
Alaskan Wooden Bear Cabins
#6 of 12 in Sterling
BEST WESTERN King Salmon Motel

Been to Alaska Redfish Lodge? Share your experiences!