“The highlight of our trip”

Your Guide In Transylvania
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Sighisoara
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hi. My name is Emanuel Enache and I provide tours in and around the Sighisoara area. I have lived all my life in Transylvania and was passionate about history and nature since I was a child, therefore I know many secrets about the area that travel books and sites never mention. I work with individuals, couples, families with children, sometimes even 3 generations of the same family touring together, small and large groups up to 50 people. Many people come back again with other members of their family or on the recommendation of friends. I can help out with transfers and travel arrangements to make your travel plans as smooth as possible. I love what I do and I look forward to welcoming you to Transylvania!
Reviewed July 18, 2015 via mobile

My fiancé and I contacted Emanuel based on prior trip advisor reviews. We were certainly not disappointed! The time we spent with him was not only informative but full of laughter too. We truly enjoyed his company and his unique style of presenting historical facts and depth of knowledge was hugely impressive. This is the first time I've ever written a review for anything...but Emanuel really deserves it! I wish my stay in Transylvania was longer so I could take advantage of the big range of tours he has to offer. I whole- heartedly recommend him to everyone. We had an amazing time and cannot thank him enough!!!

2  Thank SnehaSinghLondon
"beautiful countryside"
"cultural sites"
"spent two days"

Reviewed July 18, 2015 via mobile

The words cannot describe the fantastic experience with Emanuel. It was a pleasure, honor and privilege meeting him and i truly recommend him as a must if you ever visit Sighisoara or Transylvania.

1  Thank BrindusRaul
Reviewed July 13, 2015

If you wish to experience a guided tour filled with 'A-HA' moments, then contact Emanuel! He is the genuine Transylvanian storyteller, who will never run out of breath-taking stories you will always remember and look forward to tell everyone you know.
Born and raised in Sighisoara, he is passionate about the Transylvanian Saxon culture and history...and basically anything you could think of that relates to beautiful Sighisoara and the Fortified Churches area. Passing from etymology, to carpentry and construction, to agriculture, to history, to anthropology, to politics, to religion...he will tell you all the information you never knew you wished to find out. He will save you years of research on any topic and will add that extra special something only talented and passionate people like him could add....the story.
He is ideal for both Romanian and foreign tourists - as he speaks English as well as Romanian. Just make sure you reserve enough time and energy to follow his restless steps and endless stories.

3  Thank Claudia P
Reviewed July 11, 2015

Emanuel Enache was our very professional tour guide for a one day trip of three medieval locations in Southern Transylvania. We appreciated his knowledge of local history, very pleasant personality and impecable customer service skills that made our trip a memorable one. We will always remember the 14 point lock on a 500 yr old door in Biertan because of the story he told us that goes with it. He drove us around, making it possible to see the three cities in one day, but he allowed with grace all the interruptions, or delays a family of four could poise on the way. We would have liked to have the time to do more touring with Emanuel. We recommend his service wholeheartedly.

3  Thank MihaelasiDean
See more reviews
Reviewed July 6, 2015 via mobile

It often happens that we need to go away to realise the treasures we always had in front of our own eyes ...and without doubt Emanuel helped me re-discover the beauty of Transylvania, my birth place.

After 8 years of living in the UK I decided is time to take my friends on a journey to Transylvania but I needed a good tour guide and not only a good one but one who could speak perfect English, one that is friendly and passionate about his job. Emanuel gave us a fantastic tour, he was very friendly and helpful throughout the tour. Emanuel's positive attitude really made my friends enjoy their time in Transylvania and even now after 3 months they refer back to the trip. We were all impressed by Emanuel's rich history knowledge and little architectural details that you would not easily find in a travel guidebook.

If you wonder what you should visit... I would say try to do as much as you can but you must visit the fortified churches, Sighisoara -the medieval citadel and especially Biertan - where Emanuel will take you back in time and tell you the secrets of a forgotten fortified church. Although I was a bit sceptical when Emanuel recommended Biertan, I can say that after this tour Biertan is one of my favourite places in Transylvania. So, again, thank you Emanuel for persuading me to go to Biertan :).

I have no hesitation in recommending Emmanuel because I know he will make you wanna go come back to Transylvania!

3  Thank Andreea_11