“not bad at all”

Rex
Rex
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Sighisoara
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed only one night here ,clean , silence, nice people , 15 minutes walking to/from the medieval fortification , or 3 minutes by taxi ( less than 2 euros ) safe parking and safe walking , no stray dogs in Sighisoara , no beggars at the hotel.
Nice interior , nice looking outside, but not a magnificent view between the blocks .
The advantage , silence , because afar from concert areas in the fortress.
U can't get them all in one shot.
I stayed at Marriot in Miami,Doral and it was awful.
In comparison I would return to Rex .
In Sighisoara there is Police all over, good food , excellent beer draft at only 1 euro , breakfast at 2,5 euros ,no people with guns , no drugs , no stray dogs , few beggars in the morning near the walls o the fortress .
Sighisoara is a must see place in a lifetime , u don't go there for the hotel , but to visit the fortification up to midnight ,like key west and prague, u go there and walk 4 hours, feel the place and enjoy it , it's one of a kind ...return to hotel after midnight , have a shower and go to sleep.
In the morning go to Concordia terrace for coffee and breakfast, don't go for coffee at Korona .Wish u best.

Room Tip: corner room 304
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank cris s

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Smell was very "dusty" in the room. No place to charge phone or pc. I killed some bugs in the bathroom. ( im attaching pictures). Music at the bar too loud... Disturbing people. Neighbourhood is bad... Many gipsies. They say it s a 3 stars hotel. I say it is ONE FALLEN star. :(

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Masterss123
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We have picked this hotel considering the photos posted on their site, so we not so much insight info. We thought we’ll have a nice and relaxing time and especially since we were supposed to spend the New Year’s Eve there … The package was mentioning “New Year’s Eve special offer” with music and dancing …

Well … when we got there we have discovered the hotel was not looking at all like in the pictures and it was somewhere hidden between apartments buildings (with a little bit of “luck” we could seen the people in their kitchens preparing dinner), nothing appealing or suggesting a vacation location.

Short version? The room was ok and the personnel friendly and nice, the breakfast not bad (no so many options anyway) and the dinner very nice … Buuut the special New Year’s Eve was a disaster: the food was horrible and the music a nightmare (and nobody was willing to change the music; I mean the DJ was acting like we were speaking different languages).

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Veve_33
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We had booked the hotel through a website and when we saw the photos we thought it was superb, but when we got there it was the worst disappointment ever. The rooms seemed beautiful just from afar. Everything about it feels so communist and dirty. I didn't actually see mold, but I could smell it. The bathroom had a public bathroom smell. They say it's been recently renovated, but they did a terrible job, because it was all so improvised. It is also located far away from the old part of the city, in a very ugly area which doesn't feel safe at all. The only good point about it would be that they have a very nice, helpful receptionist.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ralucah
Reviewed June 18, 2007

While I felt sick, I had to stay there in my room for almost a day. No noise ever penetrated my room.
It was clean as one might expect.
The little terrace outside was also frequented by young regulars, who went on and off, which was a bit noisy at times.
The bathroom and the bed were up to modern standards, but nothing fancy. So I rate it 4 stars.
The food and restaurant service were acceptable to very friendly, resp.

Stayed: May 2007
2  Thank alter_ego2
Reviewed July 4, 2006

On my way to Bulgaria I decided to visit and spend the night in Sighisoara. I send e-mails to few hotels. The prices were between 50 and 60 EURO per double room. Only one hotel was 30 EURO (breakfast included). It's name was REX. I booked 6 double rooms for me and my friends. They send me conformation by fax.

We arrived at 23:00. Evereything was prepared. They were waiting for us with the restaurant open. The hotel was clean and staff polite. We left our cars on guarded parking place. The area doesn't look nice (the hotel is between blocks) but the old town was not far than 15 minutes walking.

We ask them to prepare the breakfast earlier and they were rady at 7:00 with delicious breakfast.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank Jarkor
Reviewed November 4, 2004

All in all wouldn't stay here again if I was in Sighisoara and not only because it is too far away from the old town. Sighisoara has probably one of the most beautiful old towns in Transylvania and this was too far away to really enjoy it. Find somewhere in the citadel but avoid here. Surrounded by 'apartment blocks' it was previously an old apartment block itself and has been renovated to a 'hotel'. I wouldn't walk around here at night on my own which was unusual as it was the only place in Romania I felt unsafe. The wait staff in the restaurant were indifferent to the point of rude. The rooms were small and reasonably comfortable but the bathroom not very impressive (luke warm water and could be cleaner). Noise from the corriders with a loud tour group didn't help either.

12  Thank blondetotty