“Wonderful”
Review of Hotel Central Park

Hotel Central Park
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Sighisoara
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We were given a elegant large well appointed room with a large balcony overlooking the courtyard area below. Sadly we were only able to enjoy the delights of Central Park for one night but would love the opportunity to return. The hotel is in a fabulous position with views across to the wonderful old town of Sighisoara. Private secure free parking is located to the rear of the hotel. The rooms really are a delight to return to and are very well equipped. Our travel companion also had a lovely room but not as large as ours and minus the balcony. Both our rooms were to the side and rear of the hotel, the views from the rooms at the front must have been really fabulous. Breakfast was very good our only complaint if any would be the piped disco music - not really great idea for breakfast and in a hotel as lovely as this. The reception staff were very friendly and spoke excellent English. Hotel was extremely good value for money and we would not hesitate to recommend if you plan to stay in Sighisoara which is a sight to behold.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for one night suring a group trip. The rooms are nice though some of the rooms have impractical bathrooms with not enough room for your legs while on the toilet. Our room had a big bathroom though.

The bed linens were really nice and the view from the rooms facing the street is really good.

The breakfast buffet was quite good and there's free wifi.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Randriksen
Reviewed June 10, 2014

LOVED this hotel! It’s very central, near lots of restaurants (the best restaurant in town is also the hotel's restaurant so extremely convenient), cafes, banks/ATMs, and supermarkets and located just a couple of minutes from the entrance to the citadel/clock tower. Just a note that it’s not inside the citadel itself. There are many adorable looking pensions/B&Bs inside but I've never stayed in one so cannot speak to them. Personally, I felt it was more convenient to stay outside the citadel since the site itself is quite small so am glad I chose Hotel Central Park.

The owners took a gorgeous old 19th century building and transformed it into a beautiful hotel that has modern facilities while still highlighting the original architecture. Each room is different as it takes into account the original wooden beams and layout of the building. I reserved a basic double room and was given a spacious room on the top floor. The room and the bathroom were very clean. The shower was warm with good water pressure (no tub). There is a stocked mini bar and the bed was very comfortable, the best I experienced in Romania. The included breakfast had a great selection and was also the best I had in Romania (three types of eggs, sausages, meats, vegetables, lots of cheeses, yogurt, cereals, bread, traditional Romanian dips/spreads, etc). On my last day, I had to leave very early in the morning so they packed a breakfast I could take away with me, even taking into account my dietary restrictions!

Both of the receptionists and the gentleman who I think was the owner/manager were all very kind, helping me to book a car to Malancrav/Biertan and a bus ticket back to Bucharest. I was originally going to take the train but they advised me that it’s often late and that I was better off taking the bus. Plus, the bus is cheaper. Good thing I asked! They also helped arrange an early morning taxi for me to get to the bus station. I couldn't have asked for better service or a better room and will definitely stay here again if I ever come back to Sighisoara.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank cam490
Reviewed June 7, 2014

A very lovely hotel, beautifully and tastefully decorated, located right in the city center, which is convenient to visit the fortification. the prices are very reasonable. The staff is very friendly.
I highly recommend it! Also the restaurant is very good as welll.

1  Thank Xen C
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have given this hotel a five star rating as the hotel side is very good indeed. our room on the first (second) floor was very comfortable and the bathroom quite large. The shower was excellent. There was also plenty of hanging and storage space. Reception was very friendly and excellent English was spoken. We were very impressed from the start when the manager offered in an email to call us in Australia to verify my credit card details.

The location is very good - in the lower town but very close to the entrance to the old upper town. I would certainly recommend this hotel highly as a place to stay in Sighisoara.

However we were not impressed with the restaurant especially with the breakfast arrangements.
We ate dinner on the first night and while the food was good, albeit a little rich, the service was rather slow and the staff seemed more interested in serving the large tour group on the lower floor.

The breakfast was a buffet and reasonably adequate. If you wanted a Dutch breakfast of cheese and ham it was oK and the yoghurt was nice. The cooked offerings limited to fired/ scrambled eggs, sausages dry and shrivelled bacon. But the toaster did not work at all on the first day. When it was "fixed" I was still left to make my own toast and even then, and on all subsequent days it refused to do more than heat the bread, which remained stubbornly white. The croissants were cold and chewy. The staff took little interest in what was happening at the buffet. ( They certainly did nothing to check the toaster) and on the third day the coffee and tea were almost cold. No one seemed to be checking anything. Certainly it is not worth paying extra to try and get a decent cafe latte. When this arrived it was mostly froth. For a hotel of this undoubted quality, the breakfast , is in our view, a big let down.

Room Tip: We were very happy with our room with was only one floor up and which faced towards the back of the...
1  Thank MreMargaretRiver
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Last week me and my husband took a 2 days week-break in Sighisoara. Initially I wanted to stay up in the fortress at one of the pensions but because I read a lot of good reviews about this hotel we stopped there first to see if it was so and..... WOW! From the entrance we were conquered by the elegance and good taste, by the mix of old and luxury, by the details....At the reception very welcoming personnel ....so it was a mutual YES, we stay here, between me and my husband! The room was spotless; we had the purple room with a balcony! The breakfast was delicious and the restaurant very pleasant. We already planning to go back there. Its the best choice of staying in Sighisoara. Thank you very much!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

This is a modern, comfortable hotel just outside the city walls of this wonderful old town. Our room was large and well-furnished but was perhaps a little dark as it had just one eaves window and low ceiling.

The hotel is a short taxi ride from the station but just an easy walk to all the main sites. We had dinner in the restaurant, which was good but were a bit 'phased' by the huge Romanian breakfast and feel they could offer something more modest for Western European/US guests.

But overall, highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple