“:)”
Review of Hotel Sighisoara

Hotel Sighisoara
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Sighisoara
Reviewed July 12, 2012

A very nice hotel, i was more than satisfied with everything. The staff is great (i had a meeting organized there, for 20 people, we even had dinner at the location). it was great.

overall: the room was epic, i loved the fact that they played with the old and new, giving it a special note, flowers everywhere altough it was december. Clean, tidy, spacious (don't forget, this hotel is in an 500 year old building)the view was great. The staff deserves an A+, they were great, the location is super, the parking was a bit difficult but we managed. I can't think of anything that would have bothered me. I would go back on my honeymoon :)

I.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 25, 2012

breakfast : really bad
room : we got a double room (59 euro) at 4th floor. The room was dark and only a small window. It was not worth 59 euro. I would say 3 star hotell max, and would pay max 40 euro.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Sighisoara is an exquisitely lovely town. If you are visiting Transylvania, it is a must see.
Hotel Sighisoara is situated in the centre of the historic citadel. It is not a new hotel, not luxurious, but provides comfortable accommodation and a great atmosphere. Everything was neat and clean. Furnishings were showing their age a little, but were perfectly satisfactory. The bed was comfortable, although the mattress may be a bit firm for some tastes. Breakfast was good and the staff pleasant to deal with.
Our one complaint concerned the bathroom. It appeared to be newly renovated, was spacious and sparkling clean. However, it was poorly ventilated and lacked an exhaust fan. Steam and odours from the bathroom were a slight problem!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2012

From the moment we arrived until we left, we had a wonderful experience. The hotel is in a perfect location. We were able to walk the town, visit the history museum, the citadel, the old Dominican church, and of course the house where Vlad was born and where he lived. The beds were a little hard but it did not stop us from having a good night's sleep. Breakfast the first day we were there was order off the menu. The breakfast was OK. The second day there was a buffet breakfast and we both enjoyed that more. The staff was great! Would definitely go there again if we were ever in the area!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2012

The hotel is in a building that was built in the 1500s. It isn't a grand hotel but it is good value and the staff are hardworking and efficient, perhaps a little brusque at times,but reliable.
Our room which overlooked the main square was large, and airy, and had all the bits and pieces we required.
We stayed there for three nights and early in the evenings the noise from the square could be plainly heard from our room. It was May Day holiday time and there were a lot of tourists around so the noise was a little unusual, but later in the evening it was quiet and peaceful.
The hotel isn't modern, there isn't a lift, and it is a little dark inside some of the passages, but it has a nice feel about it and it is clean and tidy.
The location is unbeatable. Close to everything in the citadel and only a short walk down the hill tithe town restaurants and normal town facilities.
We used the restaurant a couple of times and we found the service be Romanian slow and the dishes only reasonable.
It is within walking distance from the station (perhaps a longish walk) or a couple of minutes in a taxi for a couple of dollars.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the square can be a little noisy early in the evening. Be aware of this, but the upside...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2012

The hotel could not have been in a more perfect location. With a view of the Unesco Heritage site at the end of the street and a view of the town and valley from our room, you couldn't ask for more.

We felt like we were princesses in the tower or more like the princess and the pea. The beds and pillows were hard but that didn't seem to stop us from sleeping through the night.

Breakfast was okay.

The climb up the citadel is a must do.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I've been to London,Ireland, Canada,and most of the fifty states.Sighisoara turned out to be the most enchanting city I have ever seen.It is one of a handful of medieval citadels that still are active cities.I arrived by taxi in late winter evening ready to go straight to bed.The streets have built in spotlights illuminating what appeared to be a hollywood set for "The three musketeers".I grabbed my camera instead,for a photo op of the winding cobblestone streets and 15 century architecture.
My stay at Hotel Sighisoara was equal to the setting.It's halls were lined with museum quality medieval furnishings. My room was large and spotless. Huge push out windows complemented high ceilings and antique style furniture.The staff couldn't do enough for me.They helped me with everything from my lap top to my travel plans.My room at $54 US actually included a sit down breakfast in their restaurant.The restaurant was awesome with brick ceilings and the food outrageous.It was easily my most memorable Romanian stop.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo